It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Congressman from S. Carolina rips into DHS official over no-fly no-buy list.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Beautiful, beautiful. Did I say this was beautiful?

100% spot on.

Which other Constitutionally protected rights should be pre-emptively dismantled?

I got an idea, lets just make everything illegal. If we want to do something, we should first ask our public servants if its ok.

I really hope this isnt just a dog and pony show for a decision that TPTB have already made.

What also needs to be addressed is the fact that elected Representatives have handed over their law making power and responsibility to bureaucrats who make arbitrary rules which have the force of law.

None of these agencies have Constitutional authority to exist.

But until we can dismantle them and send the power back to the states, make a law stating that no agency can create a rule without Congressional approval.

edit on 17-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Golf clap with 100 stars in a circle.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Im not even american, but that man made me feel goosebumps, i could vote for a man like that.

Dammit my english sucks bad, this man rocks

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Trump - Gowdy for president and vice president.

Lindsay Graham would have to concede...

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Um I wouldn't trust any politician from SC I lived there for nearly 4 years and its politics is more corrupt than a 3rd world country according to political over sight watchdogs.

Example a couple of politicians got pulled over for DUI's and they passed a law demanding police drive with their blue lights on top lit as a state law but not flashing or any siren saying it was entrapment to not be obvious.

But hey before they were getting pulled it wasn't entrapment? One even had the nerve to pull the dont you know who I am card...

I dont know what kinda nonsense has happened since I left but horrid state politics from people trying to be above the law and the rest of the citizens just peons.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I like Trey Gowdy more often than not and this is one of the reasons why. He is not scared to take smug beauracrats to task with usually very rational arguments.

That lady's face, the smirk, is so upsetting. I wonder if it's frustrating for the Congress when these clowns are smiling in their faces

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

PWNED..........he is right on the money. Unbelievable that "there is no process observed by the government to ADD a citizen to the list, the process comes in that individual having to petition the government to be REMOVED from the list".

Very Hitleresque.

It's like Pelosi's logic of passing the bill so we can see whats in the bill.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

That's like pulling a trigger to see if that chamber was loaded.

What a bunch of bull.

I honestly wonder if a good man or woman can find their way into a high political position these days. Would they even have the stomach to be around such psychopaths?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Great vid. Great post. S&F for you!! You can have mine as well!

I've only seen Mr. Gowdy a few times, but he seems to firmly support the constitution. Need more like him.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Now, now, you all know there are members of this board who will tell you that we in this thread just don't understand the issue well enough which by extension means neither does Mr. Gowdy ...

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

PWNED..........he is right on the money. Unbelievable that "there is no process observed by the government to ADD a citizen to the list, the process comes in that individual having to petition the government to be REMOVED from the list".

Very Hitleresque.

It's like Pelosi's logic of passing the bill so we can see whats in the bill.

Oh, c'mon, you know very well that only Trump is Hitler. The left is just sunshine, cute fuzzy puppies, and rainbow unicorn farts.

They would NEVER deprive you of your rights because it's all about freedom!
edit on 17-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Gowdy is always that good!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I am not quite sure the relevance of your response.

Do you feel Gowdy is incorrect in his statements or lying about something?

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
There was a democrats on MSNBC talking about how "due process is killing us" and how the whole concept was getting in the way of what they wanted to do.

This morning I got into a debate with an anti gunner who told me the same thing. That the presumption of innocence is a problem.

I told her she was advocating open dictatorship and her only reply was some BS about the NRA.

Times are going to get rough.
edit on 17 6 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

And our elected officials say stuff like this and those who vote for them parrot it, and they wonder why on earth gun sales shoot through the roof every single time we go through this ...

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Nah, I think most Americans think the left is going too far with certain things.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Haven't you heard lately, Americans have no freedoms, you either obey and summit to government demands and go alone with ALL of our properganda media stories.

Or we will put you on the list! Once your on the lists we have the unconstitutional authority to say You Sir are a Terrorist and you have no rights.

What does it take to be on the list?

1. Your patriot, and support the Constitution.

2. Your a member of the tea party.

3. Your a Truth seeker and you expose government corruption.

4. Your a Preppier and horde can food, bottle water, and ammunition.

5. You disagree on Social websites what the government is doing and saying.

6. You drive around with bumper stickers supporting the first and second Amendment.

7. Your a member of a militia.

This is just a few, however once your on the list, good luck getting off the list.

I agree with Trey Gowdy! Whats next? What does this government want? Apparently what I am witnessing is the United States has been under attack political by rich globalist who have managed to buy most of our Congressional Congressmen and the very fact is these prostitutes in Washington are doing the bidding for the world globalist and "you all" are now witnessing the destruction of once was a great Nation being destroyed from with in.

When I say with in, I am talking about the second amendment The Law of the land. Shell not be infringed.

You can take all the gun in the United States, ( good luck with that ) and pass all the gun laws against the second amendment, however you will never stop criminals from obtaining guns, that is now a proven fact, and yes thanks to the underground gun markets, anyone can buy anything they want and as much as they want.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

That really was beautiful! She sat there looking like an idiot, unable to address anything he asked.

I like this fellow!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I appreciated the video, to see someone in her position being taken to task in such a way was refreshing.

However, her smirk and refusal to even begin to answer his extremely relevant question I find disturbing, and to be honest, more than a little scary. Her face said, "Good question, but what can you do about it?"

And that's the root of it. Our rights get in their way, but if they walk over them, what then? Can't stop the juggernaut.

Weird times ahead for those of us who care, I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: atomish
I like Trey Gowdy more often than not and this is one of the reasons why. He is not scared to take smug beauracrats to task with usually very rational arguments.

That lady's face, the smirk, is so upsetting. I wonder if it's frustrating for the Congress when these clowns are smiling in their faces

It never bothers me when a secondary psychopath smirks: but
when a cerebral comes up with a good deadpan I get worried.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join