It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those Without A Father On Father's Day

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

Now that I am older and have raised my own children. (both boys) What a gift he gave me.

I can play with my children and kinda understand where there heads are at.

I't was meant to be.

(Just a Note) My boy's still know which fork to use at a Social event. (Thanks Mom)
edit on 17-6-2016 by crappiekat because: sp

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Right there with you. been a bit longer for mine, over 20 years, but it still seems fresh some days. So many things we can't talk about, and I miss that!!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I hear ya Honey! I can't talk to my Mom or Dad and it's difficult at times, especially holidays or the anniversary of their death.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Night this is beautiful! Thank You for thinking of all who have lost their Fathers. Me included.

My step dad is still kickin and I do love Him. But when My Bio-Dad passed away, some odd years back, it had left a void that is still with Me.

Bless You in dealing with Your loss also. You are the shining Night Star in All Our lives...

Syx...

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I hear ya Honey! I can't talk to my Mom or Dad and it's difficult at times, especially holidays or the anniversary of their death.

That it is! Both of mine went a lot younger than they should have, too, which doesn't help. Ah, just time, though. Soon enough, we can have those conversations!!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Father's Day, to me anyways, is merely another day. Nothing particularly special. But to all the fathers and those who lost theirs. I wish you all the best and am sure you are great fathers or have great fathers. To those who lost theirs or fathers who lost their children. They are never gone. Remember them. Love them. Peace be with you all.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

What do you mean? Of course you can talk with them. Don't you be silly or fooled by lies that you cant!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I never knew my dad. He died from cancer at the age of 47 when I was only 2 years-old. My mother never re-married.

It was difficult growing up in a family with 3 sisters and my mother. Don't get me wrong, I loved them all. I was their little brother so they kind of spoiled me and always supported me in anything I did. They understood it was tough growing up being the only boy in the family. Seeing friends my age with their father's at their side during athletic events was emotionally depressing at times. I still occasionally visit my dad's grave and have some quiet talks about missing him in my life.

I made sure when my son was born, I made up for the time I missed with my dad. I coached him in baseball and my wife and I attended every game he played in. I spent as much time with him as I could. From what my mother and his friends told me, my dad was a huge baseball fan. What's crazy is my son excelled in baseball and played in our City All-Star game. I would like to think my dad was sitting beside me and my wife with the same proud smile we had on our face watching him playing in that game.

Happy father's day dad!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Peace to be with You as well!
Thanx for that here!
It warmed My heart to see that!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I am sorry you never knew your father but your son knows you. I got tears reading your story! Have a great night!
edit on 6 17 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Happy Fathers Day to You!! That was beautifuly said!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Im glad that it did! I love warming people up.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I hope we're all reunited with our fathers in some form after we go. I miss my dad so much.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Awwww, thank you so much for your kind words. Yes, when someone leaves us, they leave a hole inside us that no one else could ever fill. I understand.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I believe we will Honey!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Thank you Honey, that is very sweet!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

What do you mean? Of course you can talk with them. Don't you be silly or fooled by lies that you cant!

Of course I can and I do, but it's not the same as having them here.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

You sound like an amazing Father and your own Dad would be proud. I am sure he smiles down at you seeing what a fine man you became. HUGS!

My Husband lost his Dad when he was 5 years old and was so angry with God he went outside with his toy gun shooting at the sky. That story always stuck with me and broke my heart to hear.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: paperdoll

I hope we're all reunited with our fathers in some form after we go. I miss my dad so much.

I'm sure we will Honey. The hard part is now, being here without them and carrying on until it is our own time to take that journey home. In the meantime, I also believe that they would want only the best for us and for our love and light to shine out into the world.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

My Husband lost his Dad when he was 5 years old and was so angry with God he went outside with his toy gun shooting at the sky.

Thanks for the hugs.

What a tough age to lose a dad. In my case, I was too young to have any memories, but at the age of 5 you have that emotional bond. How sad, shooting at the sky because he was angry at God for taking his father. That would have broken my heart seeing that.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join