It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien megastructure star "KIC8462852" kickstarter just met its goal

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Here we go again....

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: everyone

Since energy cannot be created or destroyed... it can only change form or into the matter in which it harnesses such potiential.

Yes, so that would mean we would need to consume all energy available at any given time constantly at 100% efficiency for as long as we wish to be able to achieve light speed. That means we need to consume every single thing in its current form in this universe to do so with no way of knowing or controlling how it will reform the moment we stop consuming it. I think my point stands that is simply is unrealistic.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
My limited understanding of physics still says
From point a to b is distance.
HOW you get there is irrelevant.

The speed of light is constant (well sort of)

Moving about in space at c, is improbable.

But as i understand there are workarounds...

Still, HOW you go from point a to point b is irrelevant..

Moving faster than speed of light, so be it.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Miccey

There are theoretical workarounds but we are a long way from making those practical.
If we had access to light speed tech now and sent a probe at light speed to Tabby’s star the chances are we would invent tech that would overtake that probe before it got there , it would be a wasted mission .

Light speed would only give us access to Stars and planets within a few light years of Earth , longer distance travel would need different solutions like Hyperspace or warp travel.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
Although I find this interesting, I do not see the point. They already decided it is probably asteroids.. And why not raise money to find ways to accomplish light speed instead? Even if it is a dyson spear or whatever, what does it really matter? Not like we will ever get there...

Deciding it is "probably" something, anything, doesn't mean it's been solved.
All it means is they have no clue and that's the best theory they can come up with.
It warrants further investigation.
Not because I think it's some alien-created artificial star or whatever, but because that's their job. What's the point of them doing what they do, if they are just going to close issues off with "probably" theories and explanations?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Orionx2

originally posted by: Orionx2
NASA studied this for 4+ YEARS already

originally posted by: Kandinsky
No they haven't.

originally posted by: Kandinsky:You are genuinely ignorant on this topic. Almost clueless. Lacking any evidence of having read anything on the subject.

uh huh... I am ignorant on this topic...There is a reason they were watching it for four years.... They already knew about it...... Hence the + in my previous post.

originally posted by: NASA: A star called KIC 8462852 has been in the news recently for unexplained and bizarre behavior. NASA's Kepler mission had monitored the star for four years, observing two unusual incidents, in 2011 and 2013, when the star's light dimmed in dramatic, never-before-seen ways. Something had passed in front of the star and blocked its light, but what?

www.nasa.gov...

With that said I will concede:

originally posted by: NASA: According to Marengo, more observations are needed to help settle the case of KIC 8462852.

However this $100,000 venture isn't going to settle anything. They need to observe this for many more years. It was 2011 and 2013 when it dimmed. So how is one year going to settle anything? I just hope in 2 years this persons "research" isn't going to be available in the way of her $19.95 and free shipping documentary on how she searched for the Alien Mega Structure. Like so many of these old "whistle blowers" are doing now days...

Let's hope James Webb gets completed and successfully launched. Sorry I have little faith in "go fund me" crap when professionals are already on the case.

Further info:
The next NASA's Next Great Telescope Will Settle This Alien Megastructure Mystery For Good

SETI

Further Study Supports Natural Cause

Natural causes, not aliens, explain mystery star’s behaviour

I seriously wonder how many of you people are associated with the secureteam/3phaseofthemoon/oranyotherscamthe ignorantoutoftheirmoney UFO/Conspiracy sites.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Sorry latest info disproves asteroids. The chance of seeing it while being englobed by a Dyson sphere is one in 4.1m. It is really small chance to be a dyson sphere but i am in just for a fun of it.
www.ibtimes.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: kita0dtita
Sorry latest info disproves asteroids. The chance of seeing it while being englobed by a Dyson sphere is one in 4.1m. It is really small chance to be a dyson sphere but i am in just for a fun of it.
www.ibtimes.co.uk...

Yea, non of the sources are legit though. Just more "aliens, click here BS". Non of the sources that claim it isn't comets are BS.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
probably, but it is fun to theorise about it...

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Spectral analysis.

We could theoretically, see what chemistry or composition this object is made from if we were to get a clear enough view. ( Large enough telescope ) We can already detect the atmospheres of other closer exo-planets.

If we got a strong enough glimpse of this structure ( having its host star reflect light off it ) we would then be able to analyze what its made of.

If we start seeing Titanium alloys or metals that don't normally form in nature, then we know this structure is manufactured and not space rock.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join