It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Orlando Terrorist Signed Over Home To Brother-in-Law Just Before Attacks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
There are tax consequences for the giftee....big tax consequences.

I wonder if our wondrous IRS will take notice and do what they're supposed to do. Probably not, the couple being muslim and all that. That would probably be considered picking on them.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I'll try to find the article I saw that in and link back to it for you. I think I searched "mateen wife charged" and it was included in one of the results for that. In any event, if memory serves she called, he didn't answer, they texted back and forth a few times, then she called again at some point later before SWAT breached the building.

If she was in fact anywhere near the club, or in it, I think cell records would nail that down pretty quick. Personally I don't think she was there and I don't think there was some hit squad waiting outside either. I remain open minded to somebody else being involved due to the reports about a door being held shut, but the flip side of that is that it could be something as simple a door being rusted shut or blocked by a trash can outside. Sure, fire code violation, but not a second player involved. But I haven't really seen that claim fleshed out one way or the other.

Bottom line for me is this chick almost certainly knew (almost because I suppose she could be THAT oblivious) what he was going to do, and seems to have aided him in at least some fashion.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: IAMTAT

I also keep coming back to the other reports of another man under 6 armed guards at the hospital.
One report came from an ATS member on another thread.

Thanks for sharing that -- new information to me!

I couldn't find anything after a quick search, so if you see anything about it again I'd love it if you sent it my way. I'll keep looking too and if I find anything more I'll let you know.

Here ya go

originally posted by: jaffo
I know this falls into the "I know someone and trust me because it's true and blah blah blah" But I knew you guys would want to hear this and if you have been around here at all you know me and you know I do not care for nonsense or baseless theories. These things being said, here you go: My younger cousin (one of two twin sisters about nine years younger than me) works in the ER where the victims were taken that night. She has been working there for over five years now. She related to me two days ago that when the victims were all being brought in, one individual was also brought in (she DID NOT work on him and has no further information beyond what I am telling you here) and was guarded by six armed guards all night. She has no idea who he was, she did not work on him, and at the time she assumed it might be a cop or someone involved in the shooting. Since we know now it could not have been a cop and we know the story is that there was only one shooter, she is baffled as to who this was, what with the shooter being killed on site. Like I said, I knew you guys would want to hear about this and that is all of the information I have.

This validates reports by other posters here either in law enforcement or knowing someone in law enforcement that a second suspect was in custody under guard at the same hospital but not being reported on.

originally posted by: GuidedKill
i live in fl and have friends in the LE community in Olando and I'm hearing they have a second suspect in custody under heavy guard at a local hospital. He is middle eastern decent and is critically injured. They are not talking about this but this comes from a very reliable source to me. I'll post more when I know.

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: GuidedKill

Same here man.

That is the scuttlebutt I am hearing.

I used to work with a guy that works for OPD currently.

No proof, just heard through a friend, that heard it through a friend, etc.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Thank you!

One witness, Javer Antonetti, claimed that he saw two gunman in the main room before fleeing. Perhaps the off-duty cop was able to take one of them out of the fight and that's the guy in the hospital.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
EXCLUSIVE: Omar Mateen's brother-in-law REFUSES to say if he knew about terror plot as it is revealed gunman sold him the deed to his $165k home just two months before club massacre - for only $100

On April 5, Mateen signed a Quit Claim Deed transferring his ownership in a Port St. Lucie residence to his sister and brother-in-law, Mustafa and Sabrina Abasin. They paid him $100 for the home according to city records.

One of the individuals who signed off as a witness to this sudden transfer was Noor Salman, Mateen's wife. The other witness was Mateen's sister Miriam 'Mary' Seddique.

Three weeks after signing his deed over to his brother-in-law, Mateen took a trip to Walt Disney World to scout out possible sites for the attack according to law enforcement officials.

And regarding the text messages:

It was revealed on Thursday that Salman called her husband a little after 2am when his mother contacted her and said she was concerned about his whereabouts, a law enforcement official working on the investigation told CNN.

Mateen, who was just starting his brutal massacre at that time, did not answer, so at 2.30am Salman texted: 'Where are you?'

At that point Mateen responded, telling his wife: 'Do you see what's happening?'

When she replied back to that by texting 'no' he wrote: 'I love you babe.'

There were no text messages exchanged between the two after that, though Salman did call her husband again a few hours later during his standoff with police. He did not answer his phone.

Hmmm...That doesn't confirm or debunk that she was with him at the club (or close by) -- at least not for me.

It is unclear though just how much she may have known about her husband's plans, with the FBI and investigators on the case keeping quiet when it comes to that question.

John Malcolm, director of the Heritage Foundation's Edwin Meese III Center for Legal and Judicial Studies, said that other possible charges Salman could face include aiding and abetting, being a co-conspirator, or making false statements to federal investigators.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

As for her location, the cell tower records will show WHERE she was during these calls and txt messages. Technically, she could have been in the car at the time....right? After all we are not talking landlines here.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Maybe she was there, and injured.....

Have the IDed all the victims? I'd hate to think she was hiding among them.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

As for her location, the cell tower records will show WHERE she was during these calls and txt messages. Technically, she could have been in the car at the time....right? After all we are not talking landlines here.

Oh yes! I didn't think of that but yes they can. (I think someone mentioned that earlier too, and it went right out of my head. D'oh!)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Awful thought, isn't it?

But yes, I believe they have. I've seen lists and photos of the deceased, so I believe they've all been accounted for. It would be interesting if we find out she had injuries when the authorities questioned her...

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Awful thought, isn't it?

But yes, I believe they have. I've seen lists and photos of the deceased, so I believe they've all been accounted for. It would be interesting if we find out she had injuries when the authorities questioned her...

Did they ever locate the wife? Last I read, she was in the wind. Haven't kept up the last several days, though; way too bust at home. If she was injured.......hmmmm.......interesting thought!
edit on 28-6-2016 by LadyGreenEyes because: typo

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I believe wholeheartedely that Mateen was a terrorist, but this should be a non-issue. I don't believe it's that hard to hide ones true intentions if they plan on doing harm - this is besides the fact that Mateen likely hadn't even considered this particular terror attack anyway when he got his licenses. (Also let's forget the fact that his concealed carry permit had very little to do with the attack he carried out)

It would set a dangerous precedent if we allowed psychologists who certify people to be fit for concealed carry to deny a permit even if the individual in question was mentally fit. Should we just allow a psychologist to deny someone a permit based on that psychologists belief alone? Just because they are psychologists doesn't mean they are immune from corruption or imposing their (potentially anti-gun) views on people.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join