It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give me Liberty or Give me Islam?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

No wonder we're so conflicted. Religion vs culture vs pop culture vs fringe beliefs vs religion...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
think of it as new blood at ATS...and calling a spade and spade...great to read the shocked threat in your reply that a new guy has an opinion...will wonder ever cease?
Cheers

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

This is exactly why we are so scandalized by barbaric practices. We have developed a culture based on freedom of choice but damn be nice about it.
It's not perfect but look at the material we have to work with. LOL. .Anyway for the most part it works. When it doesn't we have the courts.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Double post.
edit on 6162016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Islam has nothing to offer me nor my country, so in the end, when all is said and done, I believe it will meet its end here in the UK through the rejection of the average man and woman.

how often do you get stopped on the street and forced to join wahhabi?
i can guess, never.
the different sects of islam be it sunni, shia, sufi, bahai and the miniscule wahhabi that isis follows, are too diverse to even settle in their own abrahamic lands.
syria is torn apart by four different sects, iraq and iran knocked the f*ck out of each other throughout the eighties, remember when we backed isis to overthrow gaddafi in libya?
how long did it take for the locals to get pi**ed off with wahhabi?
not long.

to think a sect of islam could get a foothold in europe, is frankly laughable.

yes we all hear the same scare stories, from the same media outlets, of sharia law here, or muslim only areas.
none of which are ever named, because they don't actually exist.
if a part of birmingham was under sharia law, the old skinheads wouldn't arrange a battle?
but old football fans can arrange fights with russians, in france?

remember when farage posted a picture of blackpool pier, while stating mosques were going up everywhere?
most saw his idiocy, some ACTUALLY believe it to be true. STILL.
the daily mail would have you believe peadophiles only pray to the west and are more brown coloured.

is the westboro baptist church the view of every christian/catholic/jew?
do i have to give up my dyson?
doubt it.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum

Islam has nothing to offer me nor my country, so in the end, when all is said and done, I believe it will meet its end here in the UK through the rejection of the average man and woman.

how often do you get stopped on the street and forced to join wahhabi?
i can guess, never.
the different sects of islam be it sunni, shia, sufi, bahai and the miniscule wahhabi that isis follows, are too diverse to even settle in their own abrahamic lands.
syria is torn apart by four different sects, iraq and iran knocked the f*ck out of each other throughout the eighties, remember when we backed isis to overthrow gaddafi in libya?
how long did it take for the locals to get pi**ed off with wahhabi?
not long.

yes we all hear the same scare stories, from the same media outlets, of sharia law here, or muslim only areas.
none of which are ever named, because they don't actually exist.
if a part of birmingham was under sharia law, the old skinheads wouldn't arrange a battle?
but old football fans can arrange fights with russians, in france?

remember when farage posted a picture of blackpool pier, while stating mosques were going up everywhere?
most saw his idiocy, some ACTUALLY believe it to be true. STILL.
the daily mail would have you believe peadophiles only pray to the west and are more brown coloured.

is the westboro baptist church the view of every christian/catholic/jew?
do i have to give up my dyson?
doubt it.

"To think a sect of Islam could get a foothold in Europe, is frankly laughable" Is England considered to be part of Europe ? If so, isn't there a Muslim mayor in London.....seems like a foothold to me ??

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

how often do you get stopped on the street and forced to join wahhabi? i can guess, never. the different sects of islam be it sunni, shia, sufi, bahai and the miniscule wahhabi that isis follows, are too diverse to even settle in their own abrahamic lands. syria is torn apart by four different sects, iraq and iran knocked the f*ck out of each other throughout the eighties, remember when we backed isis to overthrow gaddafi in libya? how long did it take for the locals to get pi**ed off with wahhabi? not long.

I am never stopped on the streets and forced to join wahhabi. You are correct. My point is that Islam is not in any way relevant to British society, so to somehow accept it as something that we just have to get on with is ridiculous. Or are you suggesting that such unstable and violent religious concepts be given free reign in our land?

I disagree, one only has to look at the major cities in the UK, France, Holland, Belgium, Germany, Austria and Spain in order to see that Islam is in fact the majority in certain areas of major cities. Note I said certain areas, not all areas. This is not something that is going to decrease though, if the present political ideology is maintained.

yes we all hear the same scare stories, from the same media outlets, of sharia law here, or muslim only areas. none of which are ever named, because they don't actually exist. if a part of birmingham was under sharia law, the old skinheads wouldn't arrange a battle? but old football fans can arrange fights with russians, in france?

If you haven't seen such areas you really shouldn't even open your mouth about it. Who the hell are you to say this isn't happening? Does personal experience even mean anything to you?

is the westboro baptist church the view of every christian/catholic/jew? do i have to give up my dyson? doubt it.

Absoluely not.

Now to the point I was actually making!

Islam has no place, offers nothing and should not be encouraged as an addition to western society. It has nothing to add to it. There is nothing to be gained from it. We can help people as much as possible, FACT! Those in horrible situations, help them! But incorporate Islam into our world...why?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Our tolerance will be our downfall. Some people's perception of islam as being similar to christianity, and therefore harmless is downright scary.
To say that islam will never conquer Europe is beyond help. Let me tell you why.

Not only are we already right in the middle of being 'taken over' but history is a really goo tool to predict future outcomes. Don't people always rattle on about "we have to learn from history?"
It seems we don't have to learn from history when it comes to islam or any religious spreading. Because..religion...

Do not underestimate the very scary aspect of people who can and will be converted. It's almost as if some here think that nobody in Europe will convert to islam. But they will.
I said it before but there are many British women who are happy to become a muslim if a muslim man sweet talks them and offers love. Out come the burka all of their own will.

If you look at people who get easily converted you will find that they are seeking something, and if anything or islam come along and give them what they seek, they will take it. Just as humans all over the world have done with other religions and islam.

Problem here is the 'honeymoon' period. Meeting a muslim man and suddenly belonging to a family is all really wonderful but islam isn't stupid. If you go in with blazing swords people may not like you. SO the answer is to be nice and westernised and normal and friendly and lovely before hating your guts because you may be gay or a woman or like to wear mini skirts.

Islam may well be nice and brilliant to people who commit to it 100% to it but for the rest of us infidel atheist gays and women, we would be the first to suffer if islam took over. Of course the real face only shows itself when it is established and has a strong foothold.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
What on earth is going on here, only half of my post is being published??? There is three times as much and it will not print. Edited this because I tried to post it again. Damnit, why can't I post all of it???
edit on 17-6-2016 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I think there is a character limit, might your original post have surpassed the limit? Just divide it into parts to try.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

You are right because most people in the Wesgtern world separate their religious beliefs from their politics which run their countries.

Once they realise sharia dictates your politics and behaviour to force you into the islamic way they will start to think differently. Trying to assimilate muslims into our countries is never going to work and with the bombings these people think are the way to go to fore their beliefs on us, they will hopefully, be sadly mistaken.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join