It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Scars Behind Ears

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Didn't know where else to post this. Seems this my be the right section, so here goes...

When I was in my early 20s (I'm 42 now) I noticed I had some odd white scars behind my ears. I have never to my knowledge been harmed there & I have never received any medical treatment on my head at all. I had a doctor look at them years ago & was just told they look like scars. But scars of what?

Now, I don't totally believe in the whole alien abduction thing even though I've had a strong interest in that most of my life. That being said, I have wondered if alleged abductees have claimed to have scars like these.

I would also like other possible theories of what this could be, perhaps a medical explanation.

Anyway, here are pictures showing the scars...

So, what do you think? (Expecting an "It's Aliens" meme pic any minute now)

edit on 16-6-2016 by Astartiel because: Edited Pics To Add Circle Around Scar Location

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Astartiel

Pimple?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
If you google unexplained scars behind ears you'll find it on top 50 signs of abduction lists.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I see no scars, just wrinkles where your skin is folding, pretty much like the wrinkles in the palm of your hand and such.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Not exactly sure what your referring too.. Is it the line where the ear joins your head?
I can see what looks like an earing scar too..

Anyway.. How and why did you look behind your ears? I have never looked behind my ears in my life. .

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
If you google unexplained scars behind ears you'll find it on top 50 signs of abduction lists.

And what do you deduce from that?

It just says people paranoid enough to look behind their ears to prove their alien confirmation bias are successful.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Yes, you are screwed you've been abducted

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

edit on 16-6-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Those are pierced ears, right?

It is marks from the back of earrings pressing into the skin behind the ear.
If you've ever slept with earrings on, or worn earphones, lean your head a against a headrest or seat, and turn your head, the backs of the earrings press into the skin.

Even without making a wound or breaking the skin, with time it makes some scar tissue. I have a similar mark on the side of my nose from my glasses, which I have only had a few years, but one side presses into my skin more.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Not exactly sure what your referring too.. Is it the line where the ear joins your head?

Anyway.. How and why did you look behind your ears? I have never looked behind my ears in my life. .

Those whitish scars do indeed look like earring backings and posts may have been abrading her skin there over the years, Even worse if she used to sleep on her piercings instead of removing them for the night.

OP, did you notice these scars before or after you started wearing pierced earrings?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Edited the photos to add a circle around the scar locations.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: evc1shop

originally posted by: Misterlondon

Those whitish scars do indeed look like earring backings and posts may have been abrading her skin there over the years, Even worse if she used to sleep on her piercings instead of removing them for the night.

OP, did you notice these scars before or after you started wearing pierced earrings?

I haven't worn earring in years & I never have been a regular earring wearer. And I usually only wear hook earrings, not posts. I NEVER wear them to bed!

I only noticed because my husband at the time commented on them. I've wondered ever since but never have found a satisfactory answer.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Well, that is all I can think of.
I hope you do find what you seek. I'll check back on this thread eventually to find out.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
Those are pierced ears, right?

It is marks from the back of earrings pressing into the skin behind the ear.
If you've ever slept with earrings on, or worn earphones, lean your head a against a headrest or seat, and turn your head, the backs of the earrings press into the skin.

Even without making a wound or breaking the skin, with time it makes some scar tissue. I have a similar mark on the side of my nose from my glasses, which I have only had a few years, but one side presses into my skin more.

That would make sense if they lined up at all with were earring backings would go. The spot on the left is too low & the one on the right is too high.

I only ever have worn hook earrings because backings on posts would always fall off. I also haven't worn any for years & never was a regular earring wearer. And I never ever would wear them to bed. I'm such a non-earring person that the holes actually closed up once & probably has again, it's been so long.

Thanks for the idea guys but doesn't quite fit...
edit on 16-6-2016 by Astartiel because: correcting myself

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Honestly, I would love it if the "earring theory" fit & would close this case for me.

I just went into a bathroom (after hunting down a post earring back, not an easy find, btw, lol) to test it out but the scars just don't match up. Again, great idea & I'd love to put this to rest but doesn't fit.

Maybe if I was one of those women that wore earrings religiously and wore big, chunky ones that pressed deeply into the skin but that was never me.

Rather I was one of those women, especially when young, that wondered why I ever got pierced ears since I don't care for earrings all that much. It was just one of those "right of passage" things to show I was growing up, getting pierced ears.

Thanks again for the idea!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

originally posted by: abe froman

And what do you deduce from that?

It just says people paranoid enough to look behind their ears to prove their alien confirmation bias are successful.

Not sure why looking behind ones ears makes them paranoid. I'm one of those people that wants to know what's going on with my body so I've looked all over myself, using mirrors, just to see the condition my body is in. Does that make me paranoid or just curious?

Not sure if I agree that this means I've been abducted by aliens, lol, since I don't entirely believe but it's a fun theory! As long as such things don't scare you! ;-)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Possibly from scratching insect bites as a child, perhaps while asleep.

But my own experience is of an awful ear infection. When the doctor vacuumed out my ear I heard metal scrape on metal. I asked him if the nozzle he had inserted into my ear was metal. He said yes. I said I heard metal scrape on metal expecting him to show some interest as to the cause of the infection. He blanked me. I suspect he was in on the plot. Or some bit of metal got in during welding and he just wasn't interested.
edit on 16 6 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Yes, you are screwed you've been abducted

LMAO, I knew someone would post that, even if in jest! Thanks! I needed a laugh!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Interesting scars. I suspect you have had them since birth. Below is an article explaning the use of forceps at child birth. I have trouble up loading the picture, but Google the link and I am sure you can see that my logic is sound.

images.agoramedia.com...

Forceps — a device that resembles a long pair of metal spoons or salad tongs — are used to help the baby make his or her descent down the birth canal to be born if he or she's having trouble.

WHEN FORCEPS ARE USED
Forceps are used much less often these days than vacuum extraction, but your doctor may decide to use forceps:
* To help your baby out if your uterus is not contracting well enough to push the baby down
* If your baby needs to be delivered in a hurry because of fetal distress
* If your baby is in an unfavorable position during the pushing stage (the forceps can be used to rotate the baby's head so he or she can be born more easily)
* If your baby gets stuck in the birth canal
* To protect the baby's head if he or she is premature or in a breech position
* When a mother can't push well or at all (as from exhaustion or if the mother has a heart condition or very high blood pressure and pushing would be detrimental to her health)
HOW FORCEPS ARE USED
Forceps are inserted one at a time, locked into position around the baby's head, and then used gently to pull the baby out of the birth canal. There may be some bruising or swelling on the baby's scalp from the forceps, but it will usually go away within a few days after birth. In fact, studies show that when forceps are used correctly by an experienced practitioner, the risks to the baby and to the mother are low.
Before the forceps are applied to the baby's head, you'll be numbed with a local anesthetic (unless you already have an epidural in place). You'll also likely receive an episiotomy to enlarge the vaginal opening to allow for the placement of the forceps. If your practitioner attempts delivery with forceps, but the attempt is unsuccessful, you'll likely undergo a C-section.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

That's a great idea too excepting I was born breach, in the "hanging man" position. The doctor wanted to do a C-section but my mother wouldn't let him, claiming religious reasons. So, not sure how that would have worked...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join