It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I propose banning the manufacture and sale of Machine guns.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Kryties

Well that is the solution to 'bad' guys with guns.

Good guys with GUNZ!

Yeah because what could POSSIBLY go wrong. Right?

I'm starting to think that's actually the best course of action. Apparently nothing else works to knock some common sense into many people. Give everyone in America an assault rifle, watch it all go horribly wrong then the rest of the world can come in and pick up the pieces - while holding big signs that say "We told you so".

edit on 15/6/2016 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I hear you, I hear you. This should be good.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Kryties

Purge time?

Which assault rifle would you recommend we employ for such an endeavor?
edit on Cpm4Wednesday4620160630Wed, 15 Jun 2016 16:46:06 -05002016 by CagliostroTheGreat because: FNORD

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

It also appears that the majority of machine gun owners are the bad guys, they do not use the proper channels and intend on using them in nefarious ways.
If hundreds of full auto weapons and machine guns can be confiscated off of one bad guy (in California a gun nazi state to boot) then I do not see a problem with persons willing to go through the legal channels and are responsible individuals to have them.
Link

If all the bad guys can have disposable machine guns, I want the good guys to be equally equipped to protect themselves and their neighbors. I also believe that needing suppression fire to protect yourself is a bit extreme, I also understand it is a tactic that is required on a full on gun battle, especially if the opposition is equipped to do the same.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Well I don't look down at my fellow Americans. I have more faith in them that anti gunners do.

Guns have been around longer than this country.

Until politico started pushing totalitarianism under the false pretense of 'safety'.
edit on 15-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Lol seems like it took awhile for some people to understand what the OP is trying to say.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I see what you did there!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Its all good, I keep my stash in a room filled with a fresh supply of cobras and a horde of honey badgers, the oppositions fire arms are useless there, the badgers are also likened to the fact they are fed by yours truly =D I drop in a cobra and I am allowed a wall weapon all is good. Heaven forbid you take thee gun without one viper =D

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Well I don't look down at my fellow Americans. I have more faith in them that anti gunners do.

Its great that you have your faith! When the bullets are flying and your society is devolving rapidly into every-man-for-himself, just remember that faith you put in your fellow Americans as a bullet enters your head.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I am sorry but I just can't stop laughing.

World peace is so easy a caveman can do it.

No. Sorry I couldn't resist.

Banning weapons, and the production of said weapons?

Do you want the entire world to rest on the city of Danao?

If you displace those workers they will only go about setting up shop creating new machine guns, and get away with millions.

If you ban anything in America it only gets worse. Has history not taught you anything?

I wish banning assault weapons could make world peace but it won't. Even if every country on this planet said NO MACHINE GUNS EVER! Do you really think it would bring about peace? Or would it cause an uproar abroad, or worse; bring about an abrupt war.

Seriously you have to take in account every single little detail in this. It is not that simple.

The only way you could ever take anything away is by death. Death in the trillions. Or better yet the killing of every single human on this planet. That would be the only way to accomplish peace by the forceful ban on machine guns.

Good try though.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: neo96

The NRA would have a fit if we tried the Swiss model.

Why? 150,000,000 nra members, all with fully automatic weapons. Seems good to me.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
aren't fully auto weapons already highly illegal ?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Alrightie then.

Kryties YOU need banned!

Doesn't matter if you did nothing to deserve.

Your rights are what ever the rest of us SAY they are.

Still want to keep playing here?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

I propose that we create a government program that is so massive,so bloated, so corrupt it robs from the greedy and gives to the so called needy, and GIVES everyone a free machine gun.

I reject your proposal and offer my own.

Sounds like a plan. Give every American a machine gun. What could possibly go wrong?

Let me know when the bullets stop flying and the dust settles. Oh, wait... You'll most likely be dead along with the majority of the country.

You reap what you sow.

If this hyperbolic garbage was even remotely true it would have happened long ago.

In just Obamas administration alone Americans have bought more guns than at any other time in history. Over 100 million.

There are roughly 300 to 450 million guns in private hands among about 100-130 million Americans. American gun owners own a collective estimate of over 15 trillion rounds of ammunition.

If what you say is true then machine guns wouldn't matter and I would have to be the owner of over 50% of accounts on ATS.
edit on 15 6 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Alrightie then.

Kryties YOU need banned!

Doesn't matter if you did nothing to deserve.

Your rights are what ever the rest of us SAY they are.

Still want to keep playing here?

I'm not sure how you can even remotely compare my rights to post on a forum with something that's only use is to kill. Although it will be amusing to watch you try......

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I'm being deadly serious. Give every American an assault rifle. That will solve the problem, one way or another.

What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Bet you don't get a single bite. Nice try though.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I'm not sure how you can even remotely compare my rights to post on a forum with something that's only use is to kill.

Rather easy considering the FIRST amendment.

What's amusing is the anti gunners lack of any common sense.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Could we just eliminate all guns and agree to go back to swords and chain mail.
I feel like people will be a lot more reluctant to start wars that way.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join