It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I propose banning the manufacture and sale of Machine guns.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I see what you did there.

People really are clueless huh?

link   
Kryties

A common misconception. Weapons, when used as explicitly intended, are tools of protection and self preservation. Why do you think LEOs carry handguns loaded with lethal rounds instead of just tasers which are considered LTL? Why does every politician and foreign dignitary employ a well trained cadre of gun toting strong men? Protection.

To use a weapon in any other manner is a grievous crime, usually murder or assault with a deadly weapon. Which is illegal.

Also, which assault rifle do you recommend for the Purge? I asked earlier but...
edit on Cpm5Wednesday0720164430Wed, 15 Jun 2016 17:07:44 -05002016 by CagliostroTheGreat because: FNORD

link   
a reply to: Kryties

Way to completely miss the point.

Almost everyone I know owns at least one gun you'd consider to be an assault rifle. Be it an AR, an AK pattern semi, an M14, even some configurations of the Ruger 10/22.

None of us have shot each other. In my community alone people who own guns outnumber the people who don't by quite a bit.

My state in general is known for "gun tourism" from foreign countries like Australia and California.

With your logic you'd figure we'd all be dead...

The AR15 is by far the most popular rifle in America. By FAR. Over 10 million in the possession of regular Americans. And yet the FBI can't find enough cases of Americans murdering each other with them to make them statistically relevant.

More people are killed by beatings and stabbing than by AR 15s.

edit on 15 6 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

What's amusing is the anti gunners lack of any common sense.

Who's "anti-gunner"? Not me. I applied for my gun license just the other week, and fully support the rules and restrictions I have to live by - including not owning assault rifles (not that I can think of a single reason why recreational shooters should have Rapid-fire weapons anyway....)

So I ask again. Who's "anti-gunner"? Or would you just be throwing mud and hoping some sticks by painting everyone who supports common sense restrictions as "anti-gunner"? Yes, I think that's exactly what you're trying to do.

edit on 15/6/2016 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I applied for my gun license just the other week, and fully support the rules and restrictions I have to live by - i

Well that's a victory for American civil liberties ain't it ?

Having to ask the state for permission to practice a RIGHT, and according to given set of rules made by totalitarians. You might be get to practice your RIGHT.

I don't support that crap biggest reason for over 225 Years in the United States of Gunphobia that fascism didn't exist.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I note you deftly sidestepped the issue of calling everyone who disagrees with you "anti-gunner".

Subtle. Real subtle.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I don't know about you but talking about the same issues for the last century is getting boring.

I think we need to do away with most of the federal gov't and give states or counties more rights.

So lets create a no gun rights states, No drug states, more taxes states, More gov't controlled states and their counter opposites and see what happens.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

No more will we have to worry about little Johnny walking up to Wal Mart and buying a machine gun

but, but, but, didn't walmart stop selling the all scary black rifles about six months ago. i could and would have sworn they did.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Believe it or not, the legal gun owners and collectors (otherwise known as 'gun nuts' ) are not the people who are dangerous. They/we fully understand the responsibilities of owning firearms. We invest time and money into this and enjoy the aspects of shooting and collecting.

The thugs, criminals, gang bangers, rapists, (or as I like to say 'the bad man' ) are the ones that don't care what the law says about owning a gun or legally purchasing one. Some of them are not even legally able to own a weapon, yet they can get them illegally and use them to rob you, rape you, kill you, you know, generally be mean to you with the gun. And they aren't worried a bit about what the law says, or what you think about it.

We have laws that say it's illegal to kill, yet people still kill. Rather than take away the rights of the ones who follow the law, why not come up with a way to go after the one's breaking the law? Right now, it's a reactive kind of thing. Once said thug kills a few folks with his illegal gun, cops go looking for him, put him in prison for a few years, he learns all sorts of cool ways to commit more crimes with his new jail house buddies, then he's out and back in business.

If folks like you who sound like they really do care, would put that anger and energy into coming up with a way to combat the criminals, instead of following the government's logic of disarming citizens, we might be able to make a difference and save lives. That is what this is all about right?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

The thugs, criminals, gang bangers, rapists, (or as I like to say 'the bad man' ) are the ones that don't care what the law says about owning a gun or legally purchasing one.

How dare you sir be un politically correct and stereotype violent criminals? Criminals are like the rest of us and deeply care about the law.

Its proven fact that you make something illegal and criminals will not be able to get their hands on the product. Look how well its working with drugs. How often do you see people get charged with illegal substances?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
(not that I can think of a single reason why recreational shooters should have Rapid-fire weapons anyway....)

Any weapon available to the public in the US is either single shot, bolt/leaver action, or semi-automatic. Including .22lr. (plinkers)

I think you are falling for the scare tactics that so many had hoped a site with the motto "deny ignorance" would not be the type to fall for.

rapid fire or fully automatic weapons are already heavily regulated and no longer manufactured for sale to the public. This thread was a honey trap for people who don't pay attention. All that I suggested has been in effect since 1986. So what I propose is nothing new, nothing different, but if it was presented in the way that I did to the general public, I suspect they would be silly enough to lap it up and smile thinking they had won. I am fine with that.

If you have questions please ask. But buying what political idiots sell you without batting an eye is a really, really bad way to go. (IMHO)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I propose that we create a government program that is so massive,so bloated, so corrupt it robs from the greedy and gives to the so called needy, and GIVES everyone a free machine gun.

I reject your proposal and offer my own.

Sounds like a plan. Give every American a machine gun. What could possibly go wrong?

Let me know when the bullets stop flying and the dust settles. Oh, wait... You'll most likely be dead along with the majority of the country.

You reap what you sow.

Israel does this everyone serves in the military and they can buy assault rifles anf the military even take them home with them. Seems it doesn't lead to total anarchy. In fact just looking from a history standpoint whenever you regulate anything violence follows. Look at prohibition banned alcohol everyone still had access it just went underground bUT along with that came the violence. You think people being killed on the streets now in the US had noth I ng on the gangsters armed with Tommy guns.

The banning of anything does nothing but push the market into the underground and puts it in the hands of criminals and thugs. Need another example look at the ban on drugs yes there illegal yes they are easy to get but who runs them criminals and thugs and this leads to violence. I don't remember who said it but the old saying an armed society is a polite society is so true. Are you willing to go into a rant or even threaten someone knowing they may be armed?? I'd say more than likely you would think discussion a better choice.
edit on 6/15/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Too bad it is assault rifles and not machine guns used in shootings such as Orlando. Even the media thinks guns as the AK series are machine guns.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

How about people stop side stepping the US constitution and go around calling ALL gun owners mass murderers.

How about THAT ?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I propose banning the manufacturing of cars over 400 hp, because after all, there were more deaths from autos than guns last year.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
ksiezyc

It's actually not even "assault rifles" the AR in AR15 (which was not used in the Pulse massacre) is for ArmaLite Rifle not assault rifle as is commonly misconceived.

The AR15 is a semi-automatic rifle that cannot be easily concealed on ones person and, thereby in mine own opinion, is a less dangerous firearm than, say, a glock 19. Which can be easily concealed, discharged and reloaded in a remarkably small amount of time in the hands of someone with training or simply an average amount of time in the hands of someone with little to no experience using such weapons.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

How about people stop side stepping the US constitution and go around calling ALL gun owners mass murderers.

How about THAT ?

Nobody called all gun owners "mass murderers". There you go again, making up wacky lies and hoping no one notices.

Tsk Tsk.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

What's amusing is the anti gunners lack of any common sense.

Who's "anti-gunner"? Not me. I applied for my gun license just the other week, and fully support the rules and restrictions I have to live by - including not owning assault rifles (not that I can think of a single reason why recreational shooters should have Rapid-fire weapons anyway....)

So I ask again. Who's "anti-gunner"? Or would you just be throwing mud and hoping some sticks by painting everyone who supports common sense restrictions as "anti-gunner"? Yes, I think that's exactly what you're trying to do.

What license would this be? Also I am a single father. If a group of people are breaking into my house (which unfortunately is getting common around my area) how can I defend my daughter with a single shot with 6 rounds against multiple targets? I would rather have a 30 round clip in a semi auto than a 6 shooter guaranteed to get me killed and my daughter raped and murdered.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Hi ND...how are you? I don't completely agree but you're on the right track, and you bring up a valid point.

Right now, in the whole world...there are enough firearms already to supply several to everyone everywhere...

Good thread here ND....will follow closely.

MS

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

No more will we have to worry about little Johnny walking up to Wal Mart and buying a machine gun.

This is the most cogent approach to the US gun issue I've ever seen! Now that you bring it up It's startling that I realize how little attention was paid to full auto weapons. How did we become so distracted by semi-auto rifles when we should have been thinking about things like machine-guns, bazookas, flame-throwers etc...

Stard and flagged!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join