It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The devil lives in all of us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
A while ago i was asked a simple question; " How can we embrace humanity in our decadent society? "
and i replied in a modern manner ;" Do an act of a simple gesture of kindness each day ".

Many of us have forgotten our true nature, in our mind lives a devil in disguise.. Deep down rooted in our mind is something called the basal ganglia and its there to keep you and only you alive..

Why we have rituals is not only for hope nor faith, it is to transcend you. To reinforce a behavior of kindness of a higher divine purpose of your short stay here on earth..

Ive heard all to many times;" Im a good man, i never hurt anyone and mind my own business ". Is being good only caring for yourself and your needs?

Just do a kind act once a week and do it by your own hands and you might transcend to a higher state of mind.. Cause just coining the phrase;" Kill your ego " really does not feed anyone but yourself.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It's my little pony!

You'll never turn me!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

When being honest turns people, could it mean something is really f***** up?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It is true that survival is a natural instinct for us, but I also believe it is in our nature to help one another.

That basal ganglia is there for a reason. If you don't take good care of yourself, you aren't going to be helping anyone else, either.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

For your reading and humor pleasure hopefully it adds context and makes you laugh.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But you are correct, certainly our basic survival instincts do conflict with our higher social order, but I would argue that is simply an evolutionary process, and that the basic instincts which we struggle with evolved over a longer period of time, and the newer altruistic social order will take time to fully evolve, and you know, perhaps technology will aid in these things eventually, good thread thanks.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

there is were belief comes in? one can only hope you will act with kindness when the day comes..

edit on 2016615 by tikbalang because: image

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

there is were belief comes in? one can only hope you will act with kindness when the day comes..

Read my posts in "Giving money to the homeless".

There is no devil. Just us.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

rofl

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

If you gave a nickle to a man you thought was poor and helpless , isnt the gesture of kindness more important? Even though it may be a lie?

You know most things you do in life is a lie in itself ?

I posted this recently in another about homeless and money

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Think along the lines that there is no such thing as good or bad, its how the action that you do is percived, and in what context it is done.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Agreed, big difference between selfish and selflessness.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

There's no need to kill your ego, simply reserve judgement and your ego will respond in kind.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
So do something nice every day? What is nice?

You go to your daughters and start talking to her and she is going down the wrong path, messing up in a way that you have yourself messed up in or have seen others make those mistakes in your life.

So agreeing with her and letting her learn the hard way....Is that nice? My wife compalains when I say things when I see them going astray. She agrees that I am right and the kids are wrong, but says I should let them make their own mistakes. The trouble is that they get way down the rabbit hole before they realize that they need to get out. I am not one to let someone follow a delusion, I do try to tell friends nicely where they are going wrong. I have been that way, honest, all my life. I do not like to laugh behind their backs, I like to tell them straight out if they are going down the wrong path.

Years of being honest and trying to steer them gets you nowhere fast. Finally they are starting to listen. I evaluated almost everything I was told with an open mind and most times I adopted something of what I was told. I still learned the hard way sometimes, I am only human.

So what is nice? It seems like society has twisted the interpretation so that if the economy does better it is nice.

Oh how nice that you bought that new truck for forty grand. Now I suppose I will have to haul all your stuff for you since you can't get scratches in it. We can walk through the brushed in road to get to the hunting camp. Even better, now you need to buy a six thousand dollar four wheeler so we can get from the truck to the camp, four wheelers don't scratch easily.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I asked a man begging, are you hungry? I dont know the man, but still i asked him if he was hungry.. Should i tell him;
" You made the wrong choices in life " And he wanted food, so i bought him a meal..

I believe small things can make a huge difference and big things does not really do much, most of your post was about you.. and not about anyone else than you..

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I asked a man begging, are you hungry? I dont know the man, but still i asked him if he was hungry.. Should i tell him;
" You made the wrong choices in life " And he wanted food, so i bought him a meal..

I believe small things can make a huge difference and big things does not really do much, most of your post was about you.. and not about anyone else than you..

I used an example from my life. I have given quite a few people work in my life. I chose to help them help themselves and taught them how to do a trade. Some of the people I trained went on in the profession, others learned how to do work on their own houses.

It is better to give a person direction and let them earn a living if they are capable. It helps them to get on track. I do not have my business anymore but I did employ quite a few young people when I was working.

It is like giving aid to people in Africa and making them dependent on the system when you can start a farm coop and get them seeds and a way to plow their fields and feed themselves.

Would I buy a homeless person a meal? Not unless I knew he was a decent person. I am not for making people dependent on others, I am for helping them fend for themselves. I am for supporting charities that supply food for these individuals. But I would not donate to a charity that gave them ten bucks to go eat at McDonalds every day. That is giving money to the business, it is a sales pitch that is being spread around to support businesses.

It is as bad as people donating to others so they can get medical care, where does the money go? It does not go to the individual, it goes to the doctors and medical facilities. I think we need socialized medicine instead so everyone has healthcare and I think that there should be laws regulating this. Other countries have that system.

Who does your donation profit? No, it is not about me at all, I have seen so much deception in many new charity organizations over the year that I do not think they are actually legit. Vinnies is a good organization and so are the food pantries. Also, there are many good feeding lines that are put on by churches and neighborhoods utilizing volunteer labor to get the best bang for the buck.

There are many more good ones but just because some nonprofit charity organization is formed does not mean that there is not someone getting rich. A nonprofit organization taking in a half a million bucks a year can be paying two people a hundred thousand a year and have expenses of another two hundred grand a year and only spend a fifth of the income on what they are supposed to be. It is considered nonprofit if the corporation makes no profit, the people running it can get big salaries though. It is not rare. Scammers are out there, sometimes they are not even aware they are scamming, they feel they are helping others yet they are just giving the money to those who are already making good money.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Many many people run on ego plus the brainwashing hypnosis we are brought up in. Leaving an empty shell of a person. There's nothing there. And since most people r truly evil it's just scary. That means at least 1/3 of people aren't actually people. There some kind of messed up zombie like creatures. Far less than 10% r normal good decent loving human beings. And even less actually awake and aware. People scare me. There evil n dangerous zombies.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

You still dictate what your ideal belief is, you set the boundaries for what you believe is right.. I asked a homeless man if he was hungry and bought him a meal.. Its simple we all need to eat

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You still dictate what your ideal belief is, you set the boundaries for what you believe is right.. I asked a homeless man if he was hungry and bought him a meal.. Its simple we all need to eat

You bought one homeless man a meal. Well it was a slow start.

I've shared food with a lot of people who were very poor in the past, some homeless. I even gave a guy who was homeless a job, having to pick him up every day for work from different places. He spent most of his money on beer and booze though, but I bought him lunch many times.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Yes. Beautifully-said.

Nice is doing to others what you think you'd want in their position. It's also taking into account what they, themselves want. If you do it for no other reason than to be good to them (ie. out of LOVE), then you are doing something nice

LOL that was funny. You're right. There are downsides of course, but I still think what you did for that guy was nice.
edit on 16-6-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join