It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would Islamic Extremists use ISIS, the name of the Egyptian goddess?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

That was my thought when "ISIS" was first brought to my attention a couple-few years ago.

We're talking about maniacs who will chop your head off if you don't believe their version of Islam. Imagine if Baptists started beheading Presbyterians.

Yet we're to beLIEve that these socio-psychopaths would allow any association of their organization and that name? My impression would be they'd be abducting and beheading journalists, making a big media spectacle out of what happens when you name them the mother of Horus. If anybody in the world is familiar with Egyptian Mythology concepts, surely its people from the Middle East.

The fact that they are hyper-chauvinists alone stresses my point.

To me it screamed CODENAME:ISIS. The use of ancient secret mystery religion deity & concept names as codenames for programs / projects / missions / equipment / etc, by US federal agencies and military is unrivaled many times over. Of course, those are what they dazzle us with in school as children, called "Ancient Mythology".
edit on 15-6-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Simple . I.S.I.S. not Isis. Get it ? Got it ? , Good.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Correct me if Im wrong, ISIS originally stood for Islamic State In Syria.

Whats in a name?

ISIS, for instance, stands for the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

edit on 15-6-2016 by intrptr because: link

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Isis, goddess, mother of Horus came like 5,000 years before that.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: intrptr

Isis, goddess, mother of Horus came like 5,000 years before that.

Point is the modern use of the term as little to do with Egyptian deities…

it started as a propaganda ploy to get western people used to the idea that (another) rebel force is entering Syria (from Iraq) to topple Assad.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
You do realize that the arab-speaking peoples use a totally different way of writing- a different alphabet, in which there is no correlation between these two?

Outside the US, they aren't even called ISIS, over here they are referred to as DAESH.
The word is an Arabic acronym of al-Dawla al-Islamiya fi Iraq wa ash-Sham – meaning the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Shams.
Al-Shams is the Arabic word for the area of the Middle East encompassing Syria and Lebanon.
edit on 15-6-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
been talkt about before.
started as IL then ILS I think?
it was the press that named it isis.

I like chocolate and alchole drinks.
I tryed to get one from my local shop
it was called ISIS ! the look he game me.
he never did find it
(

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Its the Media Labeling them as such, if I'm not mistaken.

ISIS was a feminine goddess, when we are told we must incapacitate and destroy ISIS, it kind of falls into place with what's happening to the feminine principal in today's power structure.

Some are more keen to merely label the U.S. Turkey, UK, Saud, and Israels Mercenaries as just merely the Islamic State or ISIL (Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant)

I think its a real possibility the attack on ISIS' name may be a tongue in cheek from the children of the cult of Akhenaten whose descendant cults today you know by familiar names and powerful influence.

edit on 2016 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

So then, they have absolutely no clue how to interpret how we are titling them?

I did mention them making a media spectacle in efforts to teach US a lesson about what we call them. If they're the real deal, I have a hard time believing they would ever tolerate this.

The press argument: Where did they get it from if that's all this is?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlubberyConspiracy
(Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant)

Where did that title come from?

Even Russian Times calls them that:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Many power heads and politicians use the term ISIL. Even president Barack Obama refers to them as such, ISIL.

There are many fringe theories as to why he does this, but I have not packed any validity into any one of them yet.

Maybe ISIL is a more accurate term for the ambitions of the banking cartel.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

They didn't. Spell it in Arabic, and it does not come out the same way in the least.

Origins people. Think of origins! Hell, the letters i and s do not APPEAR in the alphabet their name was first penned in. Think it through!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Many power heads and politicians use the term ISIL. Even president Barack Obama refers to them as such, ISIL.

There are many fringe theories as to why he does this, but I have not packed any validity into any one of them yet.

Maybe ISIL is a more accurate term for the ambitions of the banking cartel.

Levant apparently entered the English language with English Trade Exploration in the 1500s to 1600s from a French Latin root word meaning 'to rise' or land where the sun, or the light rises denoting the eastern Mediterranean states in a singular term for etymological feasibility for commercial communication with companies regarding trade in that region.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

So then, they have absolutely no clue how to interpret how we are titling them?

The ISIS thing is one way of interpretting in english, what they call themselves, in their own language.

I did mention them making a media spectacle in efforts to teach US a lesson about what we call them. If they're the real deal, I have a hard time believing they would ever tolerate this.

So, your hypothesis here is that they don't like the American press calling them ISIS, and that is why they did those acts?
As far as I have been able to discern, they have no problem with being called that.
I think their reasons are different than just being pissed about what we call them in the American press.

The Goddess Isis is spelled إلهة إيزيس in arabic..... the American term ISIS for that group is spelled الدولة الإسلامية في سوريا.
They do not look or sound the same in their language.

The press argument: Where did they get it from if that's all this is?

The press took الدولة الاسلامية في العراق والشام (what they call themselves)
Translated to english : Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant

In some other countries, they took the phonetic translation (how it sounds to hear someone say it in Arabic)
al-Dawla al-Islamiya fi Iraq wa ash-Sham, and made an acronym of that, to form DAESH. But even then it is roughly formed because the language is just so different.

Here- pietervanostaeyen.wordpress.com...

That said, however....

I do suspect (and have since I first heard the appellation) that it was chosen by the press in the US exactly because of the association with the ancient goddess... not because of how the extremist group themselves would take that, but because fo the impact upon the psyche of the majority of Americans!!

I think it pushes buttons of fear, and perceptions of evil power, precisely because the US is highly religious and grew up on Bible verses, whether they are practicing Christians or not, there is an image infused into the collective subconscious- the Whore of Babylon from the book of Revelations!

17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

I suspect it was a good choice to provoke Americans, but the arabs don't give a crap.
edit on 15-6-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
ISIS is not their name. it never has been.

Previously they were Al-Qaeda in Iraq, which became Islamic State in Iraq, after it's expansion to Syria it became known as The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant, and now it's just known as The Islamic State or The Caliphate.

ISIL or IS is the correct way to refer to them.

Though i prefer Daesh, primarily because they hate that word

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

why the hell are you so incapable of distinguishing the difference between a proper name [ Isis ] and an acronym [ I.S.I.S. ] ??????

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
ISIS is pronounced EZ-US. As in, JESUS!

They are using collective perception in the condemning and crucifixion of ISIS/JESUS, to try fulfill cyclical prophecy. In order to prevent the return of the feminine aspect of God.

ISIS is the 'IN, IN'. If you like.

Prevent the 'resurrection'. Stop the wold waking up.

Or at least delay it, and circumvent passage of energy within it, for the purposes of promoting a secondary 'shoot', or timeline based upon the original.

This would be why they are trying to propagate world events to coincide directly with particular alignments, in order to facilitate the sync of multiple dimensional casts, as one.

Whether this is a good thing or bad thing for the 'true' conscious beings left within the alignment, is yet to be seen.

The don't seem to want to give the mothers balance back. Which can only mean trouble.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

why the hell are you so incapable of distinguishing the difference between a proper name [ Isis ] and an acronym [ I.S.I.S. ] ??????

You're not the first to say that, and I do not agree with the OP idea here- that it was chosen in order to offend the members of said group.

But even as an acronym, simply hearing ISIS repeated over and over, you really think it touches no deep associations in the minds of english speakers, with the Goddess?

If I decide to use the acronym S.H.I.T. for my Steaming Hot Italian Tomatoes dish,
you think my family and friends will have positive associations in mind each time I tell them I'll be serving them my famous S.H.I.T. ???

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

lets just have a reality check here - seriously - what percentage of the english speaking world do you REALLY think has any concept of " Isis " as an alledged egeptian diety ?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Cool pic in the OP, OP.

It doesn't have anything to do with the Egyptian goddess Isis.

Unless they took her as a new secret deity and made her a goddess of the underworld or new religious symbol for fertility to seed the world of evil???.... Doesn't sound right to me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join