It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a girl trying to grow a beard.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well if you hide his trimmer/shaver he will buy a new one at some point,, best bet is keep at him and he will probably grow it longer..

My ex gf wanted me to grow mine longer for a time but she always new that it's really annoying me the longer it got,,that's probably why your Hub doesn't want to grow it much more.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: calstormI once knew a girl who was waiting for a book to love her.AE

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

If your beard is just starting, then consider a beard stubble softening product to help stop beard itch while the hair is still growing.
beardoholic.com...

Hydrate your beard daily with some premium oil. Not only will this keep your beard hydrated, it will also add a great manly smell.

I'm getting out of this conversation. Too beardy for me.

edit on 15 6 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

What line of work is he in? Long beards don't work well in some professions. Is he willing to forego promotion or put up with "discrimination" simply to appease you?

I'm sure your opinion is important to him, but a successful marriage often relies on more than just what you want. If I don't like something, I don't care if my husband agrees or not.

Oh, and FWIW, I'm one of those online women that hates beards. Been there, argued over that, they're just scruffy and a magnet for all kinds of unsavory growth. Regardless of my opinion though, I think you should allow your husband to be the final arbiter.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

One last post.

Beards and lathes don't mix. The lathe always wins.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Wouldn't this fall under the "his body his choice" category

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Ah you see that only applies to women.

It's actually her body her choice or his body her choice.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
dbl
edit on 2016-06-15T08:35:32-05:002016Wed, 15 Jun 2016 08:35:32 -0500v000000322016-06-15T08:35:32-05:002016Wed, 15 Jun 2016 08:35:32 -0500Wed, 15 Jun 2016 08:35:32 -0500 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla
There may be an exception here as the beard is an interface between partners. Although he takes it with him wherever he goes it is not normally the only thing between him and those around him.

I'm trapped by this thread. Like a man with his beard in an electric drill.

Here we see reckless abandon. Caution thrown to the winds. Had his beard been a little longer calamity could have ensued.

Beards are dangerous!

Don't wait for the government to tell you. I'll tell you.

They should be banned under some contrived emergency legislation.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

This is where I am now!

One of the most popular reasons why guys give up on growing that luxurious beard, they simply can not stand the constant itching. The first weeks that you are trying to grow that beard also comes with itchiness that can literally become so severe that you swear you will never grow that beard again. Even though the itching is temporary, most men can not power through that stage and get to the other side where a full beard awaits them. If you have tried and failed to grow a beard, here are some simple techniques to help stop beard itch.

I'll have to find out where I can find this Beardoholic oil. I wonder if they sell it in places like Walmart or Target.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Try spiking his food with steroids. Stop if he starts getting pimples or acting violent.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Ten recipes for homemade beard oil here.
www.jebiga.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Weird. That you think he should do it because you like it.

It is his face!

I like facial hair too, talked my hubby into trying it. He kept a beard for a couple of weeks and decided he doesn't like the feel of it and shaved it off. Oh well. I still love him.

Geez, he is a person, not my dog.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I know you said you weren't the one trying to grow a beard, but if you changed your mind here's something to think about.

Bearded Lady

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well, if he wanted you to shave your head because he found it attractive, would you do it?

What if every male you knew told you not to shave your head, and that it would make you unattractive?

Your husband is not a doll, and we men hate being treated like dolls. Far to many women seem to think we are like some home improvement project they can fuss over.

Nope.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I hear ya, girlfriend.

I've got a thing for facial hair too. I casually mentioned to hubby many years ago that the whole goatee/stache combo (the nerdy science-guy look) has always been a huge turn on for me.

Next thing I know hubby is sporting a newly grown goatee/stache and wagging his eyebrows at me with that ol 'come hither' look... (meow purr).

And the home fires have been burnin' ever since. (wink wink)

Marriage is all about give and take, and anything to reignite that little spark with your partner is always a good thing in my books.

In case you didn't catch it, I'm trying to tactfully give you a little hint as to how you might be able to convince your hubby to at least give it a try...

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Usually the way what we are attracted to works, is that when we were younger we become attracted to someone. That attraction, the look of that person, their body shape, their hair, eye color, etc, etc, sticks with us into adulthood.

That is not how it always works. So look into your inner self. Examine why you like the bearded look. Then ask yourself. Am I trying to make my current love, look like someone I loved and/or was attracted to when I was younger.

If the answer is yes. Is that fair? It would be one thing if he had a beard when you met, then he shaved it off and now you want it back. But if that is not the case. How do you think someone feels knowing that you may be trying to shape them into someone from your past.

If you had dark hair and you knew his first love and previous ex's had blond hair then he asked you to dye your hair blond. How would you feel?

edit on 15-6-2016 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Not all men are able to rock a proper beard.

...but some of us are.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I am really surprised how serious people took this thread. I thought the title alone would let people know that there was a lot of humor behind this post. I am not sure if people are over thinking it and missing the humor in it, or under thinking it and missing the humor in it.
to the people who do get it. Sure, I put it under the rant section because I do want him to grow it out, but I am not going to force him against his will.

No past loves with a beard but I have seen pictures of him when he was younger rocking one. I do have to say my taste in men has changed a lot since I was younger.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther
For the record, I fell in love with my husband without ever knowing what he looked like. It was an online friendship that turned into about 5-8 hours a day on the phone and viop programs. Over the course of a few years I fell in love with who he was. I didn't care what he looked like. He was just an awesome person.

We banter with eachother a lot. I guess I tend to forget people don't realise it and take us more serious than we take ourselves. Trust me, I wouldn't dish it out if I couldn't take it.

Ok, back to the regularly scheduled program.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join