It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a girl trying to grow a beard.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
On my husband's face, not mine. I am a girl who loves facial hair. My husband is currently sporting the Goerge Clooney facial hair look, but I am longing for a longer beard. Sadly, he is putting up some resistant, and finding statements from women online saying they don't like beards. Why should their opinion matter, when I am his woman? I say my opinion is the only one that counts and I would find it sexy as hell. The resistance is strong. I have heard every excuse why he shouldn't grow a beard, but I don't think any of those excuses are viable. I think I am going to have to hide his trimmer.

Not what you thought this was going to be about was it?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Why is it sexy to you? Cause of how it looks or feels or both?

Cause it 'tickles'?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Dont care. I chimed in to go for the "Gandalf" look . Like me.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
On my husband's face, not mine. I am a girl who loves facial hair. My husband is currently sporting the Goerge Clooney facial hair look, but I am longing for a longer beard. Sadly, he is putting up some resistant, and finding statements from women online saying they don't like beards. Why should their opinion matter, when I am his woman? I say my opinion is the only one that counts and I would find it sexy as hell. The resistance is strong. I have heard every excuse why he shouldn't grow a beard, but I don't think any of those excuses are viable. I think I am going to have to hide his trimmer.

I think that this is his personal business, and you made your desires known, now can it and deal with Reality!
Just think, in a few years, you can twiddle your own beard! *__-

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I've heard beards are equal to toilets

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Tell him his chin is really weak and all your friends always laugh about it behind his back!

Tell him the spark is gone and a long beard is the only thing that will bring it back!

Tell him every time he shaves you wont!

Tell him ...

I dunno I'm out of suggestions, and I don't think these ones were too good lol.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Hmmmmm ? Not sure on this one as it is HIS face. If he were to ask you to stop shaving your legs or cut your hair short, for example, would you do it ?

I used those examples because typically hairy legs and short hair are not most men's preference, just like long beards are not most women's preference. I understand your his woman and your opinion matters, but if it made him feel unattractive in the world in general how might that effect his self esteem and possibly his job?
edit on 15-6-2016 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I say my opinion is the only one that counts and I would find it sexy as hell.

Indeed it does. Let him firmly know that. Show him some examples of ones that you like(length of the beard, style, etc.), maybe he can comes to terms with one he may like as well.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Give peace a chance.

Lock him in a darkened room in isolation for several days and your thoughts may become more in line.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss
I think that this is his personal business, and you made your desires known, now can it and deal with Reality!
Just think, in a few years, you can twiddle your own beard! *__-
I am going to totally rock it with Viking braids or maybe a bow tie. I have also seen little animal shapes.

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
Tell him his chin is really weak and all your friends always laugh about it behind his back!

Tell him the spark is gone and a long beard is the only thing that will bring it back!

Tell him every time he shaves you wont!

Tell him ...

I dunno I'm out of suggestions, and I don't think these ones were too good lol.

On your first two points, he wouldn't believe me. He actually has an adorable chin dimple, but what can I say, I like beards. On your 3rd point, while that has actually been brought to the table, I would cave.

originally posted by: TheWisestCumbrian
Give peace a chance.

Lock him in a darkened room in isolation for several days and your thoughts may become more in line.

I just have to remember not to use the flavored duck tape this time.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel
You have a point. I could go without shaving my legs, but I do love my long hair. I have tried to make clothing style suggestions to him in that past, and I know I would be wasting my time if I pushed on that, but with the beard. I think I have a 50/50 chance.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Have you thought of getting him a wig for indoor use?

Seems a fair compromise to me.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I think you need counseling, you sound superficial and should not be telling your husband what he should do.

He is perhaps rebelling against your opinion/want not because he doesn't want to grow a beard, he just doesn't want to grow a beard for someone who nags him to grow a beard. Let the man be the decider of his own facial hair, then you will see the beard you want, or maybe not. Either way, leave him be.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Is he an artist?

Perhaps this will encourage him.

vimeo.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I never had a beard and I'm in my late 50's. I just recently started growing a beard and I'm having a hard time getting used to it!! I don't know how much longer I can take it!!!! It bothers the hell out of me. I'm thinking the itchiness will subside, but I've had it for a month and a half now, and it hasn't subsided.

You're husband has to be comfortable in his own skin. If you liked long hair and he liked real short hair would you cut it even though you like your long hair? Would you get a piercing or a tattoo if he thought it was sexy? You married him for the way he is. Don't force him to do something he doesn't want to do.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I'm a 45 year old man, and I still can't grow a beard so I have to grow my pubes out instead....

Oh...that's not what this thread is about....carry on then.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I have heard every excuse why he shouldn't grow a beard, but I don't think any of those excuses are viable.

The very fact that he keeps coming up with excuses, means he doesn't want to. Why is that not good enough?
If he doesn't want a beard, let it go.
"I want it, so you should do it"
Would you cut that hair you love so much if he asked? Or would you keep coming up with excuses? Telling him you like beards is one thing, bugging the sh** out of him and trying to manipulate him is just being a selfish little bit**. Either take him for who and what he is, beard or not, or go find someone who will cater to your whims.

edit on 15-6-2016 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
And here my sons father wishes he could grow a beard hahaha. He can never get it past grit stache status. Poor baby.

Best wishes with your bearded needs! I know I like a good beard too

-Alee

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Stick with it. It must be a big change for your chin skin to get used to. Eighteen months from now it will be a thing to admire in the mirror. Itch free and natural.

I hope.

I haven't got there myself. Every time I think of growing a beard I shave instead because I don't want to go through the half grown stage.

Also, judging from the stubble, my beard would grow almost white. Am I ready to be treated like an elder? Not sure.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I have had a beard in one form or another most my adult life . I now have a fairly long snow white beard and it is here to stay . It looks professionally shaped and groomed but it is how it naturally grows as I never cut on my beard except to maintain length . It is always clean , conditioned and neatly brushed . And most importantly , as most beard hair is stiff and wiry , mine is as straight and soft as the hair on my head .

I do agree with you about other women not liking beards , I dont care myself if some women do not like my beard . My wife seems to like it or can at least live with it and thats all that matters . But then again , Tough sh!t Even if she did not like it really . There are things I will give up or change to make my wife happy that are unimportant to me such as leaving my dirty clothes on the floor . BUT , cutting off my beard is not on the table (or giving up my beer). The thought of shaving every day makes my skin crawl . And he may not want to grow a beard . It is his face , let him decide .

Growing a beard is not for all men . Many do not like the way it looks , how it feels , their work may prevent it or they just flat out do not want to maintain a beard . I have found the biggest thing is they do not have the patience. It takes time and patience to grow a beard to its full glory . You have to get past the first few stages . The first one waiting for it to go from stubble to a real beard . Then there is the itching , then you have the ugly stage(s) where the beard has a mind of its own . Many men want to constantly cut at it and trim here and there gouging it and generally making a mess of it , just leave the damn thing alone . Length and time will fix most all your problems .

Again , it is his face . He has to look at himself in the mirror every morning , he has to live with it on his face , he has to care for it (8r not care) so let him decide .

edit on 15-6-2016 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join