It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando shooting survivor says he held door shut, trapping victims inside.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Someone above said it was fenced in and people were trying to crawl under the fence, a slow process. Basically they were outside I guess, but still boxed in. Rats in a cage.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

lol. No, it's not relevant. No one survived because this guy held the door closed.

In fact, some people may have died or were injured by trampling because he held it closed.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
so 1 guy held a non bullet proof door ,against a hundred people trying to escape being shot.
so 1 guy against how many people trying to escape ???
this so stinks
are you critical thinking here or just going with the official press release
edit on 13-6-2016 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes

Someone above said it was fenced in and people were trying to crawl under the fence, a slow process. Basically they were outside I guess, but still boxed in. Rats in a cage.

There are tables on the patio lining the fence. Jumping over the fence would be the easiest way to escape. And since the shooter wasn't on the patio shooting at people (as far as I know) then even an under-the-fence escape would suffice given that the "slowness" of the process wasn't a factor.

edit on 13-6-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
so 1 guy held a non bullet proof door ,against a hundred people trying to escape being shot.
so 1 guy against how many people trying to escape ???
this so stinks
are you critical thinking here or just going with the official press release

If you are referring to me, I think you are confused. Up until your last comment that I replied to, I am pretty sure we WERE on the same page.

His story about holding the door closed stinks to me. It sounds like it stinks to you, too.

Moving on.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This is a blip of him describing what happened out there. He says "I pray it wasn't people trying to get out".
He then starts to describe where they were, but the vid cuts off.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

no it was a general statement how could 1 guy hold a door against many people trying to avoid a hail of bullets .
the physics laws would dispute this in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien

no it was a general statement how could 1 guy hold a door against many people trying to avoid a hail of bullets .
the physics laws would dispute this in my opinion.

Well, your general statement was directed at me...someone who doubts this guy's story is the truth.

So, I think you are/were confused when you suggested I am buying the official story.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The people 'boxed in' were those people inside with the shooter. And they were boxed in like rats in a cage.... *ahem*..... allegedly by this guy who held the door closed.

The people on the patio had several ways to escape. No one was keeping them from escaping.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Images of the club. Some Arial. I don't see an alleyway. There looks like a fenced area to the right of the building. I don't want to be too hard on this guy, or the others, because I know they were freaking out.
But adrenalin equals fight or flight. I could have climbed that fence.

us.when.com... nt&page=2&oreq=dd2ffb6cc4814498b7074056e28b774b

Only a partial aerial view of the club. I think the area he is taking about must be behind that palm tree. It's not what I call an alley.

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 6/13/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
this gets stranger and stranger even a wooden table would not hold the door against the force of many people trying to escape a hail of bullets once their adrenaline release had kicked in,
i still have many unanswered questions ,what did they secure the door with ?

but for the another angle if the story/press release is true ,is he guilty of involuntry manslaughter ?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

If it was so easy to jump the fence then why were they trying to crawl under? All of them, idiots! Right? Maybe if those other people had some brains and hurried up and jumped that fence then this guy wouldn't have felt the need to hold the door. I think we should blame them too. And what about the people trying to get out the door? Geez, it's just one guy holding it, why can't they all push through together? What are they, weak minded weaklings that don't want to live? Lets blame them too for not having the brains or willpower to push one guy out of the way and get out the door. And with that in mind, why were all these people running away from one guy? Bunch of cowards, I tell you. Hundreds against one, why didn't they just jump the guy and beat his brains in?

(END SARC)

Whatever we do, we CANNOT BLAME THE SHOOTER. No, lets pick on various frazzled terrified people and blame them. Have fun with it if it makes you feel better or more superior somehow.
edit on 13-6-2016 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I could have climbed that fence.

Especially with tables lining it that you could use as a leg-up.

I don't mind judging this guy. Like I said, I've been in an immediately life-threatening situation where I was worried -- not just about my own life -- but about the horrific impact on my family, too.

No one else kept this guy and his friends from escaping via the patio by closing the door, it makes zero sense to me why he would keep others from escaping. Surely he saw a mob of people trying to get out behind him.

I just really don't buy into his story. If it is even true, I think his decision was heinous. He was on the patio and pretty much safe, at that point. So were his friends.

edit on 13-6-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
has anyone got a image of the said are this door was and the immediate area where the patio items are clearly displayed because i can not find one.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Anathros

I survived a kidnapping, rape, and attempted hanging, when I was 15, by thinking rationally when I was certain I was about to be murdered -- and I was only a kid then. I felt like my brain was extra sharp that night. I kept envisioning my parents seeing my naked dead body hanging from a tree, my bra stuffed into my mouth.

So, I'll judge him and I don't care who judges me.

I saw the layout of the club. Exiting the patio was not a difficult feat. There was absolutely no good reason for him to hold the door closed. So, I don't know if I believe him. And if what he is saying is true, I have a very, very poor opinion of him.

I only have my own perspective to go on though, and I don't feel particularly sympathetic in this case. He was safe, at the point he held the door closed.

I have much respect for you MME.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Whatever we do, we CANNOT BLAME THE SHOOTER. No, lets pick on various frazzled terrified people and blame them. Have fun with it if it makes you feel better or more superior somehow.

Of course, let's blame the shooter, for sure, too.

Whether people were going under or over the fence, they were, in fact, safe on the patio.

I don't feel superior in discussing this. I just refuse to take everything 'official' at face value. I'm not convinced this guy was some terrified victim.

And even if he is, I will still question his story because it reeks to high heaven and people may have died or been injured because of his actions.

No one else held the door closed behind them when they escaped on the patio. I think it was a jerk-move and I don't care what his mindset was.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Yep. And with that many people in the courtyard, they could have heisted each other up over the fence.
Human ladders. (Adrenalin. That's why we have it.)

I don't want to trash this guy, because, ya know, who knows what is I.Q. is, or his emotional state.
But I do believe he made a very very bad mistake.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: eeyipes

1 guy cannot hold a door against this kind of force even if he had a table against the door ,this would not be a equal reaction.

newtons 3rd law

come on this is ats lets get scientific about this
edit on 13-6-2016 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I think some of you are being too hard on this guy. He panicked and did what he thought he needed to do for him and his friends to get out of there.

Maybe it was the wrong choice, maybe not.

Have you ever been in a crowd when it panics and there are people smashed together??? I have and I can tell you that at certain times you can't even move. You literally get crushed standing up from all sides by other people. The worst part though is if you're shorter than the crowd. Because the pressure and body heat make it very difficult to breath and if your head isn't up far enough people start passing out.

I remember helping pass short people that were on the verge of collapsing from right in front of me to right in back of me for the next guy to then pass them a tiny bit further so they could reach the outside of the crowd before they were dead. It's a surreal experience too because when the crowd shifts you just get smashed and can't do anything. You can literally get crushed by the force of it.

He freaked, he'll have to live with that and what he did and it won't be easy. Have some degree of understanding here. It's easy to think of yourselves as a hero sitting here safe at home. But it's not like that under pressure sometimes.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

why are you ignoring newtons 3rd law ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join