It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favorite album and song by U2?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

The ones you posted are great and bring back memories. Thank you!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

The ones you posted are great and bring back memories. Thank you!

I was too young to catch those early early shows. Discovered their back catalogue in my early teens in the 90s and loved the rawness of Boy, War, October compared to their later stuff at the time.
Saw them on the Pop Mart tour but would have much preferred to have seen them during the early 80s.
Born too late I guess... Lol

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I was born too late also but their early music is amazing.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

I was born too late also but their early music is amazing.

Check out early Killing Joke if you don't know them.
Very similar to that early U2 sound, slightly harder. Their debut album came out the same year as U2's one.

Warning: They didn't evolve the same way U2 did. Their more recent stuff is full on face melting angry metal.

edit on 14 6 1616 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Still love this song from way back then from the War album

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I have given this a lot of thought and speculation!!!

After re-listening to the U2 catalog (all the remastered CDs), and lost b-sides and remixes, I think I am finally going to make my true and honest announcement on my favorite album and track!

Album: The Unforgettable Fire (Remastered)

Track: Boomerang II

This was during the time period when Brian Eno joined up as producer. He also played some instruments here and there. Adding a layered and textured structure to U2 that they ended up capturing. From harmonics on an electric steel guitar (Wire) given the world famous "Edge" factor by running through either a Korg Space Delay 3000 or the TC Electronics 2290, delay and panning add "that" sound that defined U2 during this time period. The above track is the b-side to Pride (in the name of love). This was the origins of "scene painting" in music that carries forward into the epic The Joshua Tree album.

On this particular album, Bono walks up to the mike and improvise vocals to a track being slowed down (Eno probably) just to see what it sounds like! That track is Elvis Presley and America with Bono singing in Cherokee (or something similar, some Native language). From the Bolero-style rise of Bad, to the album's namesake, The Unforgettable Fire, along with Wide Awake in America, and all the b-sides and remixes, highlight one of my favorite eras of this band.

It is comfort food to my soul and ears! A comfortable chair that I can return to with no sense of irony or "guilty pleasure" feelings I find with other U2 albums. This also represents a time in my life of great change and provides the perfect soundtrack!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
mu favorite album and song by U2.

Um let me think....its the one where bono shuts up and the eedge does something interesting on the guitar for once.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Bono and U2 accused of 'stealing' song for Achtung Baby album

uk.news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join