It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Makeup Like War Paint?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: peppycat
You scared me, I thought that was you! OMGEE.
I like the plain look but now since this thread I like a little war paint but not too much.

Q I believe that's called 'flim flamming' or
'waffling'...

???

Changing your position mid stream?

LOL

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Lol, It's like Indian giving I took it back.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Ummm

Native American?!

Geez! Q!

WTH are you drinking tonight?!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I tried this drink, now I am thinking about wearing some make up. I do like green lips and cherry kisses.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

LOL it's like hey babe you don't mind if I keep switching seats, right?

On that latest pic you posted, I actually think she looks a lot prettier without makeup. Less sexy, though, perhaps

I think that's what it all comes down to. Women who are really into the whole she-bang of makeup (like not just lips and eyes but the other crap and that contouring b.s.) must be at least somewhat insecure with how they look. Otherwise, they'd never go to such lengths. Like sheesh I spend way too much time as it is making a single damn ponytail and getting dressed. I'd never be able to leave the bathroom if I put my 'war paint' on on top of all that. I'd be in there all freakin day!!

Just seems like a major waste of time to me. You can put lipstick on a pig--but in the end it's still just a pig.

I say it's better to be happy with yourself as you are naturally. Makes you look more attractive, too. Confidence is sexy. And it isn't confidence if you're wearing a mask--that's called just being fake and wearing a mask. If it isn't you, then it isn't you. It is what it is.

I am already someone who people get intimidated by, and I feel like makeup just makes that worse. If anything, it makes people treat me with less respect because it marks me as a member of the weaker sex. I like being treated with respect.
I guess it all depends on what's important to you. For me, I'd rather people focus on the words coming out of my mouth instead of how they might be sexually attracted to me. And I'm not into the whole objectifying myself thing.

My care cup is empty.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Your funny, I want to put lipstick on a pig now. I was dating a beautiful Asian girl. She was stunning without make up. We really fell in love and life was amazing. Deciding she was the best joy in my life we brought a son into this world.

After we had our son she started wearing a little make up. Ok I thought nothing of it. One year later it was getting a lift too much. Before we broke up last year it took her 1 1/2 hours to put make up on in ther morning and one hour to remove it at night. We did not break up because of the make up and I still loved her bit I finally told her she was way overdoing her paint.

So my hot plain love turned into a war paint machine.
Edit to add: I don't mind green lipstick as long as the lips give out cherry kisses!

edit on 6 13 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I married a latina, which has the added benefit of her skin always glowing a beautiful bronze. Framed by that dark hair....i can't imagine that anything could really improve it. Certainly, covering it up would be an injustice.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

A girl I work with is really good looking. She feels like her looks make people not want to talk to her. When we have lunch I always notice guys staring at her but of she looks their way they change position.

Two weeks ago we were at Santa Monica Pier talking work and a guy gave me the thumbs up, she caught him do it. She said to me I just want guys to like my words and not my looks. So I know how you feel.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I crossed paths with a gal earlier today.
No makeup hiding her lovely face freckles.
Just a bit plump, not flabby.
I wasted no time inviting her to hang out this weekend.
She turned me on.
All you guys that are turned on by Barbie types can go have your way.
There is no accounting for taste.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Reclines casually in chair and laughs at all them men who prefer us natural, you are clueless it took us 20 minutes to get that fresh faced natural look.

Fools.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Ok you look good with your makeup. Don't tell but I use Mac powder c4 on my face shh!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

2333333 Are you sure you post the same girl? You totally got me.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Magicpink

Is that u?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I'm a very artistic person and when I was younger (especially going to bars and clubs and such) make-up was an 'artwork'. I would come up with a whole theme- hair, outfit, make up...yes, I will admit I sometimes even sketched it out before hand. Lol!

Now I'm 37 and there's no way I'd try to pull off an extreme, artsy look. I just have the internal 'I'm way too old for that' embarrassment. So my make-up looks are much more subtle. I've always had to wear coverup under my eyes- even as a kid- because I have naturally dark circles. I actually wear blush now which didn't seem necessary when I was younger (and it probably wasn't, pink cheeks are a sign of health and youth).

For me, make-up just evens out flaws and enhances natural beauty. I just feel a little bit prettier with it. The guy I'm seeing currently complimented me on our first date that I wasn't wearing much make-up, so I guess I'm doing it 'right'. Lol!

But then there are females that spend hundreds of dollars on products and really cake that sh*t on. Maybe for them it is like war paint, they're hiding their insecurities and presenting a fearsome 'mask' to their enemies (aka everyone else).

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

OMG! Freckles! I have a GIANT lesbian crush on Alia Shawkat!!!!

I'm 95% straight, but she definitely falls under that 5% exception for hot females!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

I can see how she is hot.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I'm lezzing out!!!!!

*wolf whistle*

And in the context of the thread: make up would just ruin her. I've seen her cast as the 'chunky, not-as-pretty friend' but I've also seen her cast as the object of affection. Kudos to her for taking on Hollywood and staying true to her unique look.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Agreed, she really does not need make up!

edit on 6 17 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie

And in the context of the thread: make up would just ruin her. I've seen her cast as the 'chunky, not-as-pretty friend' but I've also seen her cast as the object of affection. Kudos to her for taking on Hollywood and staying true to her unique look.

She's breathtaking.

Gorgeous, can't imagine what make up could do for her.

She needs nothing IMO!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

She's wearing Lipstick, Mascara and eyeshadow

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join