It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Makeup Like War Paint?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

-_-

lol oh you guys. That's mean. She'd look just fine if she hadn't made the poor decision to shave off her eyebrows.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

LOL, is that what got me? The eyebrows. I think your right!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

It looks like she shaved off her eyelashes too.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Ok well if you like a girl with war paint or no paint make sure your sitting on the left side of here on a date for paint and the right side for no paint. So if we get sick of the non paint we can switch seats and have the best of both worlds.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I honestly don't feel like makeup helped that one at all... rukia is right, she just needs her eyebrows back and a smile. Maybe a smidgen of foundation.

Anyway as for the OP, I love makeup. It's art to me. And it does make a difference how people treat you. But we're all gonna be seen without makeup on sometimes, too, so we can't run too far from the natural truth, lol. And I think if you're a really superficial and judgey person deep down inside... it'll show no matter how much or how little makeup you wear.
edit on 12-6-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

-_-

lol oh you guys. That's mean. She'd look just fine if she hadn't made the poor decision to shave off her eyebrows.

Yeah she's looking slightly up at the camera on the second picture and the smile makes all the difference, though we all know that photo was designed to show a contrast.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I agree with you about her eyebrows. I see your point about how people treat you different if your looking hot with makeup. When i have to wear a suit for work people respect you more. In my work we can be causal jeans. I get you.
Always looking good!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

War paint...

I call it graffiti. Not the good kind, the sort which tells a story, contains its own narrative and context, reminds us of an event or a concept, but the sort of mindless tagging that ruins an otherwise entirely well constructed garage door, or screws up the appearance of carefully laid bricks and mortar.

I hate it. I hate it on women, I hate it on men, I hate it on TV news anchors and Hollywood stars. It is unrealistic nonsense, facade, it is nothing of any consequence, which can hide the things that are of consequence. And no, I am not talking about features on a made up person which are defined or obfuscated by make up, I am talking about expression.

It is harder to tell what a made up person is genuinely thinking, without asking them. It is harder to tell what they thought before, how much they think, how much they laugh, how much sorrow they have in them, when make up is worn. It is rarely impossible for a practiced observer, but it is harder.

You know who I want to spend my time around, who I want to get to know better? The individual who fears so little that facade is meaningless to them, the person whose self opinion is high enough that ONLY that self opinion drives their actual appearance, not some effort to become what they wish they were. I wake up every day knowing the truth about who I am, and I do not hide it from anyone. I want everyone who looks at me to know every line in my face, every grey hair in my head, every freckle from sun blessed days, every blemish where metal shard has driven itself into my skin and lodged there for a time.

I also want that kind of guileless, entirely real approach from people I would consider spending vast amounts of time with. I do not want to spend time around someone who paints themselves for an hour just to feel like they can face the day, because I want to spend my time with someone who is so sure of themselves that the day puts its make up on to face her. I want to be able to look upon a face and know a measure of the pain and joy, the harrowing and the liberation that the individual has gone through, and to know by the fact that they carry themselves with dignity, that they fear my opinion of them not one whit.

Whatever it gets referred to by those who rely on it, by those who are so afraid of the opinions of others that they paint themselves into a corner, or need the stuff to promote their own self belief, or whatever the hell nonsense drives the desire to insert facade into matters, I have no time for make up, and I detest its necessity. I detest the fact also, that many women I have spoken to cite the behaviour of my gender as a reason for their desire to hide their truth behind pigmented powders, their desire to idealise and smooth their appearance out. I hate the fact because it makes me want to go back in time, and turn the first ever bastard who made a woman feel bad about her appearance, causing her to hide her face, into bloody vapour.

I want women to be empowered, I want them to feel strong, not because they look strong, but because they ARE strong. I want women to feel good about themselves, because of who they are, not what they look like, and to spend NO time, NO effort, no more than I would, to make that happen. I want the world to be a place where women and men both fear nothing about letting others know their inner self, where eveyones hearts and minds are as close to the surface as possible, where no one cares for the opinions of others, where matters of the self are concerned, and where two people can meet on equal terms without fearing one another.

edit on 12-6-2016 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removal

edit on 12-6-2016 by TrueBrit because: Grammar edit and additions

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It is harder to tell what a made up person is genuinely thinking . . .

Cementing the surface layer to prevent micro expressions revealing true intentions.
A dab of weasel glands and the hunt is on.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

So if I set you up on a blind date with hopefully this girl, and she wanted to meet you at your favorite pub. How would your date be? Lol talk about war paint!
*hi TrueBrit come give me a smooch 💋

edit on 6 12 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6 12 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Mnnnhh, gasp..... Now that really is in need of help.

Curious thing, go in any supermarket or drug store and there are very likely three or four isles loaded with woman camo, every conceivable make-up possible, and in dozens and dozens of colors and ethnicities. Let the buyer beware.....guys...

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Woah...is that a mannequin?

Seriously? Is that a mannequin?

No dude...not at all. Too many things at variance. Nope. Last train to Nopesville, calling at Nopington, Nope-on-Trent, and Nopehampton North. Alight at Nopehampton North for connecting trains to Hellnotown and Onyerbikesonshire.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Lol, I told her no date with TrueBrit and her makeup ran all over her shirt and pants from crying.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Precisely.

That is a very big issue for me, and it never goes away, no matter how light the coating is, because of the near imperceptible nature of human, non verbal communication. Subconscious cues missed, little twitches unseen. It removes the vibrancy and tranparency from everything and just buggers up communication no end for me.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Well, tell her that:

A) she must be rare to cry over a human Brillo pad with delusions of intellect,

B) she can call me anytime, as long as when she hangs with me, she's prepared to do so without doing a fresh paint job first.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
Woah...is that a mannequin?
Seriously? Is that a mannequin?
No dude...not at all. Too many things at variance. Nope. Last train to Nopesville, calling at Nopington, Nope-on-Trent, and Nopehampton North. Alight at Nopehampton North for connecting trains to Hellnotown and Onyerbikesonshire.

So, just so I'm clear!

She's NOT your type?

Or, yes?

Without the make-up?

edit on 12-6-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Because we have never spoken, I have no idea. I need to know a soul before I find out whether I am attracted to a person or not.

Because she's wearing a 2mm thick lie right now, I have no desire to find out!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Because we have never spoken, I have no idea. I need to know a soul before I find out whether I am attracted to a person or not.
Because she's wearing a 2mm thick lie right now, I have no desire to find out!

Fair enough!

Haha!

I was pulling your leg, anyway!

Thanks for playing!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

So if I set you up on a blind date with hopefully this girl, and she wanted to meet you at your favorite pub. How would your date be? Lol talk about war paint!
*hi TrueBrit come give me a smooch 💋
Hey where'd you find that picture of me!?! I thought I looked quite radiant that day, with my orange glow, all ready for summer.😃I was so ready for war!

Just kidding! I can understand if someone has bad acne scars and covers them up as I have seen on TV shopping networks the purpose of such cover up.
Some people don't need it really, yet wear it anyway.
I personally don't see makeup as going to war to look fierce...I see it as something to enhance ones appearance to look soft, pretty and more approachable and to feel more confident and as though you want people to appreciate you care for how you look.

Some people go way overboard though.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

You scared me, I thought that was you! OMGEE.

I like the plain look but now since this thread I like a little war paint but not too much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join