It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - Needs moderation - no support

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

It seems he only edited to bold out the part in your post he was referring to, so your contempt filled accusation of unfair editing is delusional.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricFeel
a reply to: Triton1128

Agree, I especially see a big decline in religious threads due to mockery from people who don't give a damn about
religion but nonetheless still feel the need to tell you how dumb you are for believing in God.

yup

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

and your assumptional projection just as real as Tupac holograms at halftime shows.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVtech34
a reply to: imod02

There are several people, some very vile sjw types that all type and think the same way, I'm convinced they are all the same person, or know eachother in real life. There are also a few heavily biased moderators that will ban you if you argue against them. This site stopped being about conspiracies and more about sjw topics.

I don't agree at all. People who share the same beliefs/politics are going to say similar/the same things. I could just as easily claim that there is some vile conservative types that all type the same and think the same way.

"This site stopped being about conspiracies and more about sjw topics"

Who are the people that are posting about what you call "sjw topics" the most? O, that is right it is usually conservatives posting and complaining about gays/trans/welfare etc. As for this site not being about conspiracies anymore, conspiracies are far and few in between so naturally people will start talking about other thing until the next big thing comes along. Also I have never seen any conspiracy website that only talked about conspiracies. People seem incapable of not expressing their politics/ attacking the other side or not expressing their religious views/ attacking others with different believes, everywhere online. Anyways it is a an election year things of this nature will die down a bit in time.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
Why have forums about UFO's or threads about Atlantis / Lost civilization if all you do is allow naysayers to scat on ANYONE who wants to think out side the box? This site has much potential but I feel its been in free fall for years now.

I agree in regards to these particular topics.

There could be some great discussions. What's wrong with speculating on the unprovable?

But, it's just not worth it with the hardline skeptics.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

This always seems to happen when the presidential election bandwagons get hitched up... also seems to get longer a process every time. Its a marathon for anyone that pays attention from first run announcments all the way through... of course the sleep after is like ripvanwinkle... wake me in 2 years to start this all again. Its kinda odd though, because right from announcements people have their minds already made up.

I mean if there was an honest poll of everyone from the begining announcments right to the end the same people would say the same person from the beginning of the whole fiasco.

I mean Trump has been said so many times already it might as well be a Kardashians rump by now... as someone personally that doesnt even like to watch the same movie twice unless a lot of years are past it not even recognizable it takes it toll following all the debate and then thinking of the people on the road non stop. Its like a two year decathalon... everyone but bernie looks like theyve aged 10 years.

So of course people are gonna get more and more ornery as time goes on.
edit on 11-6-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
OP, this is a forum, not an echo chamber. People are going to comment in threads, whether you want them to or not.

a reply to: reldra

You're one of the ones Im talking about. In fact, didnt you just create a thread specifically to insult conservtives?

Instead of spouting off making random accusations/false claims, you should double check someone's post history before you open your mouth. Reldra's past ten thread titles, all authored between May 24th, and June 5th:

Thousands Evacuate Due to Fire in LA Suburb
Mohammed Ali is dead at 74
Prince Died of Accidental Overdose of Fentanyl
Happy Memoial Day ATS
Doctors: Postpone or Move Olympics Due to Zika
Charla Speaks
And Beyond...
The Avett Brothers- "Head Full of Doubt"
TWO F/A18 Fighter Jets Crash in Atlantic Ocean, Pilots Being Flown to Hospital
Trump protesters Breach Barriers in NM

As a refresher, which one was "just created" to insult conservatives again? Yeah, that's what I thought.
edit on 6/11/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This site once proudly denied ignorance. Now it seems quite a few members spew ignorance.

I'm all for thinking outside of the box. Some members post their opinions mocking anyone else's idea/theories as fact. It's quite maddening. Really miss the older days.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
the mods need to clamp down on certain thread types.
political threads, goading the opposition to reply to get a chance to say 'social justice warrior'.
this was a conspiracy site, once, a slew of uneducated types attempting to argue politics, while the vast number of posters have no grasp of basic political ideologies.
race threads, some of this stuff wouldn't be out of place on stormfront, the same types wanting to be called a 'snowflake' so they can retort with 'social justice warrior' or, have some circle jerk with fellow troglodytes how the white man is the minority, somehow.
transgender threads, the basic miseducation allowed to be blurted out, again would not be out of place on stormfront.
those that don't know the difference between transgender or transexual, makes it an argument fest, again, ending with 'social justice warrior' if you're not stupid enough and know the actual difference.
never ending conspiracies, with glaring holes. mishearing or forgetting lines from a film dosent mean you're from another dimension.
basic scare threads.

unfortunately, taking away the uneducated political non debates and the race baiting would leave this place pretty empty.
eventually ending up like stormfront minus the swastikas.

conspiracies are there to be shot at, berlitz made tonnes of money, pre internet, with his philadelphia experiment story and his pointing out ships sink and planes go down 'shock',
there are some great conspiracies out there dammit, my fave being lost cosmonauts, everyone that came here craved either the conspiracy, ufos or the paranormal.
to see this place degenerate is disheartening.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You need to brush up on your reading comprehension, I asked a question, not acused. And if you paid attention she/he/it was one of the main posters in the thread I'm talking about. Don't act ignorant, you know exactly which one I'm talking about.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm sure this will piss off plenty of you, which is fine, but this site does not need better moderation or support.

It's needs a better class of "member".

Things are not like they used to be and the ignorance among the membership is at an all time high.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The thing to remember is that all new idea's are always challenged and if they succeed through the challenges, become mainstream, so don't ridicule concern you its part of our minds process to learn new things.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: imod02

Maybe I'm naive, I just can't see someone doing that. It takes too much time and effort.

Just like your post...took too much time and effort to make....right? RIGHT????

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The medical establishment has permanent shills attached to this site I no longer post stories on alternative treatments and research as you have to have a Doctorate in the subject to defend the thread

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

There's a real loss of intellectual honesty and mature debate.

First off, emotions need to 've set aside and facts analysed objectively in order for a concise argument to be made.

I think emotions need to be carefully stated . . . putting them aside wholesale would likely mean folks would not care to get out of bed in the morning or comment about anything beyond "yawn."

Personal attacks on personhood should be very off limits.

I personally believe that ideas, attitudes, perspectives, assertions as though of fact etc. should be fair game as long as they are worded properly.

Ranting ragaholic behavior, wording . . . haughty hostility etc. is not that attractive and certainly not that productive.

Though sometimes mirroring back to someone what they dish out chronically may be the only time they hear anything at all. Though it's hazardous in terms of becoming that which one deplores.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

You're one of the ones Im talking about. In fact, didnt you just create a thread specifically to insult conservtives?

While I disagree with her nearly all the time I find this an unfair characterisation. If conservatives can make threads insulting liberals then she can voice her opinion.

To further her defense I reported somebody that replied to her a while back. I forget exactly what they said but it was vile, something to do with rape, and had they made the comment in person I'd have smashed their teeth out. As much crap as I see conservatives deal with I can guarantee she's dealt with worse having read that disgusting response. That thread disgusted me more than anything I've ever read here.

I disagree with her, as already stated, but she has every right to express her opinion like every right-wing nutter does. We should be able to iron things out in discussion. The right and conservative thinkers aren't faultless here.

edit on 6/11/16 by Ksihkehe because: Grammar stuff.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AnthraAndromdaII

I think !!!DEMANDING!!! evidence etc. is overrated.

1. It is easy for it to devolve into a war of references.

2. References are typically full of bias that's rarely to never admitted nor entered into the discussion fair-mindedly.

3. One person's quality reference is another person's snot rag.

4. I'm skeptical one out of 100,000 looks at the references anyway.

5. I think it's USUALLY sufficient to argue from logic and more or less common knowledge . . . or at least that which is considered common knowledge by a significant percentage of the population.

6. There are a lot of insights that can be shared and gained merely from a logical discussion based on what is commonly known or construed to be real.

7. Beating one another over the head about references, sources "proofs" is, imho, an exercise in sham futility because none of us have the CAPACITY to check virtually any source or reference out sufficiently to put enormous stock or enormous skepticism in it. We ALL must accept all such on SOME DEGREE OF . . . . FAITH.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricFeel
a reply to: Triton1128

Agree, I especially see a big decline in religious threads due to mockery from people who don't give a damn about
religion but nonetheless still feel the need to tell you how dumb you are for believing in God.

WHICH more or less logically and observationally appears to have been PRECISELY the goal sought.

A sizeable dog-piling group hereon seem to feel exceedingly threatened and outraged by the mere fact that there ARE Christians etc. hereon who feel so brazen as to post their beliefs. Their hostilities used to be much more freely assaultive etc. Thankfully, Modding has finally won that battle in behalf of civility--at least mostly.

CHEERS to the mods for generally improving civility hereon the last few years. . . . and to the members for ?growing up?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

If I told you the masters of this planet can fold time and space and have technologies 500 years beyond what the public knows about you would call me delusional or schizophrenic,yet I know my statement is fact.The proofs and reproofs of those here that like to poo poo original thought and lateral thinking are from a society DELIBERATELY kept primative that cant even cure a common cold I never discuss anything avante-garde here all you'll achieve is to attract mean spirited pseudo-intellectuals.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
There are low quality posters and threads, the staff don't sit here all day frantically reading every post.

You see something, alert it.

God why are there so many of these crybaby threads.

edit on 11-6-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join