It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - Needs moderation - no support

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I don't know about 500 years ahead . . . I do believe there are some time bending technologies more or less in the hands of the elite humans . . .

Yeah for a site known for atypical thinking . . . there sure seem to be a ton of very RELIGIOUS SHEEPLE here--i.e. people who are dedicated wholesale to being ELOI/SHEEPLE to a RELIGIOUS degree. Sad, that.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Sounds to me like you want ATS to become GLP.

Dare to question or doubt what someone has posted and BAM! You're banned!

Incredible claims require incredible proof. People will be skeptic or will want to question things.

Yes, there will be those who will do so in a very rude manner. I've seen those on the other side do the same exact thing to those who do not agree with them, or swallow their story hook, line and sinker too.

But, there is answer for that: Alert the people that do it.

Do you think that the small amount of staff that is here on ATS do nothing but sit here 24/7 and read every thread, and every post?

No, they can't.

They have lives outside of ATS. They do this in their spare time, and free of charge. They have said repeatedly (and looking at how long you have been here, you certainly should know this by now) that they depend on the ATS membership to help point out problems.

Now, with that in mind, just because there is something that YOU think is an issue, may not be an issue with them. They have also told us many times over (again, where have you been?) that they do not do things "lone wolf" style. They actually discuss complaints, and only act through majority by them. That means, just because someone used the alert button does not always mean something is going to be done. It also means that it might take time before something is done based upon when they are here, and getting the alert looked at.

Be part of the solution, not the problem. If ATS is that bad in yours (and others) opinion, hey, there is the log off button. Use it and don't look back.

No one is holding a gun to your (or others) head and forcing you to be here.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Are you calling me lazy?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Thank you for writing this. I love reading, sometimes respond but would never dare start a thread. So maybe I am not thick skinned enough. I do see certain members always responding to the same members who see to constantly disagree and I do not want to be in that-they seem to mostly want to fight amongst themselves-and then its their own thread. Its not fun and I move on. I do think you are very spot on with alot of these treads-just nay saying is not a discussion-its an "argument society," says Monty Python.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This is my 4th election cycle for me at ATS.

Hang in there, November is coming. Then it will be 3 years of bashing the new administration, followed by 1 year of bashing the next candidates.

Seriously, civil behavior and community decorum standards are mandated and enforced by the ATS staff. The mods are doing their job very well. Some things maybe borderline infringement or maybe fall through the cracks, but the best thing you can do to re-rail a thread is report the thread and ask a mod to review the offending thread or member.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with the quality of ATS members, and everything to do with the quality of human beings. Every single person walking the earth right now encounters multiple assholes every single day. The correct response is to ignore them. Creating threads about them only encourages more drama.

Don't feed the trolls, man. They'll starve out and go away on their own.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
This is my 4th election cycle for me at ATS.

Hang in there, November is coming. Then it will be 3 years of bashing the new administration, followed by 1 year of bashing the next candidates.

Don't forget the 2018 midterms.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Urgh....

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Crap.
edit on 11-6-2016 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I've been corrected. Carry on lol
edit on 11-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: I was shown why I was wrong by someone who is better at this than I am so I concede.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
OP, this is a forum, not an echo chamber. People are going to comment in threads, whether you want them to or not.

originally posted by: AVtech34
a reply to: reldra

You're one of the ones Im talking about. In fact, didnt you just create a thread specifically to insult conservtives?

Reldra's past ten thread titles, all authored between May 24th, and June 5th:

Thousands Evacuate Due to Fire in LA Suburb
Mohammed Ali is dead at 74
Prince Died of Accidental Overdose of Fentanyl
Happy Memoial Day ATS
Doctors: Postpone or Move Olympics Due to Zika
Charla Speaks
And Beyond...
The Avett Brothers- "Head Full of Doubt"
TWO F/A18 Fighter Jets Crash in Atlantic Ocean, Pilots Being Flown to Hospital
Trump protesters Breach Barriers in NM

As a refresher, which one was "just created" to insult conservatives again? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Thousands Evacuate Due to Fire in LA Suburb
Mohammed Ali is dead at 74
Prince Died of Accidental Overdose of Fentanyl
Happy Memoial Day ATS
Doctors: Postpone or Move Olympics Due to Zika
Charla Speaks
And Beyond...
The Avett Brothers- "Head Full of Doubt"
TWO F/A18 Fighter Jets Crash in Atlantic Ocean, Pilots Being Flown to Hospital
Trump protesters Breach Barriers in NM

I didn't think I had recently started a post like that. I didn't know how to look though. Thanks

edit on 11-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I haven't always gotten along with some members on certain topics and likewise with them towards
me.But there are topics we do agree with and they balance everything out in the long run.
The mods' already have enough to do and we make it harder for them when we act like were in
kindergarten.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

edit on 12-6-2016 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
There's been instances where even moderators crap on your thread because they don't agree with you. That is why I've resorted to other sites untill this place becomes less aggressive.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Maybe the earth use to be flat, then Nelson Mandela died in Shawshank and created the time-line in which we have a Spherical world with the Berenstain bares.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: upperhand12
There's been instances where even moderators crap on your thread because they don't agree with you. That is why I've resorted to other sites untill this place becomes less aggressive.

M'eh. We aren't supposed to have opinions because we volunteer to keep the site as clean as possible? It's a diverse staff. You should see some of the bloodletting in the staff forums at times.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: upperhand12

M'eh. We aren't supposed to have opinions because we volunteer to keep the site as clean as possible? It's a diverse staff. You should see some of the bloodletting in the staff forums at times.

Are you trying to say that you mods are........human?!

I've read some rubbish in my time, but that's just lies.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: reldra

There's a real loss of intellectual honesty and mature debate.

First off, emotions need to 've set aside and facts analysed objectively in order for a concise argument to be made.

I think emotions need to be carefully stated . . . putting them aside wholesale would likely mean folks would not care to get out of bed in the morning or comment about anything beyond "yawn."

Personal attacks on personhood should be very off limits.

I personally believe that ideas, attitudes, perspectives, assertions as though of fact etc. should be fair game as long as they are worded properly.

Ranting ragaholic behavior, wording . . . haughty hostility etc. is not that attractive and certainly not that productive.

Though sometimes mirroring back to someone what they dish out chronically may be the only time they hear anything at all. Though it's hazardous in terms of becoming that which one deplores.

Holy smokes Bo you nailed it. Kudos x1000

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Just a question, do these individuals travel in packs? always the same people doing it over and over, to the point of character assassination? Have you noticed these individuals are getting stars by the many and when you read their posts its mostly political correctness?

If you noticed the pattern, then here is your answer:

Government Trolls Are Using "Psychology-Based Influence Techniques" On YouTube, Facebook And Twitter

Btw, this thread is spot on. and 100% correct. S&F
edit on th2016000000Sundayth000000Sun, 12 Jun 2016 01:51:34 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSun, 12 Jun 2016 01:51:34 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Name the members who are they? This ambiguous address is fruitless, also you said this

its the arrogant, the hard headed, the ones blinded by their own beliefs.

Anyone you, or I disagree with, could fall under these terms, in fact you and I almost certainly have in the past and will in the future. So, these descriptions do not honestly measure those you are speaking about, this just appears to be a very vague feel good thread, essentially saying don't disagree with me ardently or I'll be insulted, even further that these ambiguous posters should be banned simply because some elusive lurker may be to intimidated to post. Come on man

I understand where the OP is coming from. The problem is that if we name who "they" are, it would be against TOS. And some are disguised as "productive members" but in reality they have an agenda.

For example: Since when does a conspiracy topic website/forum ever take the word of Freemasons when they should not be trusted, at all? Think about that, think long and hard.

ATS being a conspiracy website, should NOT cater to political correctness of any shape or form. If anything, it should be ANTI PC. Because PC is destroying what this website is about, whether mods want to admit it or not.

ATS was great several years ago, yes there were the occasional trolls, but it was not this bad.

It isn't about "thicker skin" its about mutual respect within threads. And I know I for one wont stay quiet if someone comes at me with an insult or calls me a liar over and over again. Instead of the topic being discussed, it turns into a thread to defend yourself instead of allowing people who have genuine interest in the topic to discuss.

I will also point out, that the same people doing these things are the same ones using the EXACT tactics BLM used against Milo yiannopoulos.

If Mods want, they should study that video carefully and ban anyone that pulls a BLM on ATS.

edit on th2016000000Sundayth000000Sun, 12 Jun 2016 02:11:51 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSun, 12 Jun 2016 02:11:51 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join