It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - Needs moderation - no support

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Breitbart? Yeah. This isn't a conservative site. It's not a liberal site. I can point you to some if you would like.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

no no, that wasn't the point. I posted the video mostly so you could study the psychology that is being used against Milo. The tactics, the shutdown (etc). That same psychological tactic done against Milo, is also done here on ATS by certain individuals.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Well if your thinking outside the box has any substance go for it but if it has nothing to back it up expect to be called out remember the site motto.

DENY IGNORANCE

Of course if you want EVERYONE to agree with every fantastic claim made there are other sites that will agree 100% with any claim made.

edit on 12-6-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Great rant, and one of the reasons I don't come to ATS as often...

I don't know if it's up to the moderates though to clean up the mess, it's the community whom are to sort it out. Recreate the standards.

One of my favorites threads on ATS was on Timewave Zero, and not because I really believed in it, but because it sparkled creative thinking and imagination. And the member who was holding the old thread by himself did fantastic research and shared it with everyone, and instead he got the same members bashing him for doing so, again and again.

He eventually decided to disappear from ATS due to the disrespect he had from the community, leaving us with the naysayers and thread-bashers.

Little did I know then, it was the future of ATS.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I see where you are coming from.

However, do remember that those of us that have been browsers of this website for 7+ years have seen many, many extraordinary claims that seemed intriguing at the time eventually turn into nothing. In other words, we have put our trust into giving many members the benefit of the doubt only to be burned.

Although this has been the case, I still maintain an open mind and try my best to give new people a chance. But there is a fine line between temporary trust and gullibility.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
yes its the atheist and the highly religous people, people that are conditioned to only look for answers within their own little box. Nice thread.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

i think ATS needs to change their guidelines a bit and promote mutual respect more by telling users if they can't contribute positively in a thread, then not to disrupt the topic or its an automatic ban.

ATS used to be a place where minds could roam freely, and personal attacks were low. Now it is simply out of control.

Some users here are out to destroy members reputations, and I feel something sinister behind it as well.

Solution:
Add a rule in the ToS
1. Allow members to speak their minds, any personal attacks or disruption of topics is ban able.
2. Insults, character assasination, will result in a 1 warning ban.

The idea is to allow users to free their minds from the prison and allow investigation to take place. I remember some time back when people used to contribute in investigating a topic and the threads would become extra informative. But because people shoot the topics down, it discourages investigation by means of ridicule.

This is not the ats I used to know.

If someone posts a topic, have the decency to allow people to explore the topic without the insults. This is the only way I can see a solution to this problem. That or a block button. It is bad when someone takes a few hours to write a 3,000 word investigative topic only for it to be shot down by someone who doesn't agree. We can agree to disagree, but allow the topic to be explored, if you are correct, then we will eventually find out through investigation.

Unfortunately some members are only here to disrupt important topics. and it is done on purpose.

My only question to mods:

Why are we tolerating this if we know this is happening here on ATS?

Government Trolls Are Using "Psychology-Based Influence Techniques" On YouTube, Facebook And Twitter

You better take the above article seriously, because it has been happening on ATS for quite awhile.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

It's alright making claims but if there is NOTHING to back it up what is the point. Some people on here are far to sensitive and if their great their gets shot down in flames the pull out the usual conspiracy clichés many are in your post.

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
There are many reasions for this happing, lack of MOD training, the fact that ATS is a firm and a firm has to make money. By pampering to the lower echelons there are more hits on the ads. ATS is not what it was and never will be, once you let something like this slip it cannot be got back.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Maybe the earth use to be flat, then Nelson Mandela died in Shawshank and created the time-line in which we have a Spherical world with the Berenstain bares.

This is the meat and potatoes of ATS the arota and ventricle... love it. Of course I think if we flipped the flat earth wed get the nice dark side eaven and hell inside out and we could say Mandela drew a mandala and turned the world inside out as space pirates on spice set a bottle of rum on a part of it around Australia and the Berenstain Bears and Rebba were there too but she was doing a concert and that some how produced a time slip ... lots of alcohol does that btw ... and it came from that evil parallel universe where now Rebba and the Barensteins have to make it back with our help to right things in a quantum generator because the other Rebbas soul twined with Shanya and frankensteined those bears on the otherside and now we are left with just a stain... a spot on the wall a dna that cant be matched with bearded masses and happening hairdos white knighting to social classes as resurected knight templars as Steven Hawking and Elon Musk battle the comming rise of the machines, while hawking doesnt know hes plugged into one helping and the gateless gate is Bill Gates and has Hitlers spirit trapped in MSs AI waiting to have a new Nazi youth with her as the Antichrist... to lead Africa as headquarters of the nwo while everyone should have gone back to Africa and climbed one of the two trees to freedom, which are actually just polarities while the wole controlling alien agenda floats as dark matter in the middle between worlds.

What? It could happen and all right here on ATS...

Sharpen your cusors no test will be given.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
There are many reasions for this happing, lack of MOD training, the fact that ATS is a firm and a firm has to make money. By pampering to the lower echelons there are more hits on the ads. ATS is not what it was and never will be, once you let something like this slip it cannot be got back.

Its not their fault either because even now, I am still studying the psychological tactics done by the trolls. And its a very deep topic that requires a crash course in psychology and alot of observation to figure it out. And I doubt mods have time for that. Not to mention reading so many posts and identifying the patterns can get tiresome.

I am afraid you may be right. I am not sure how ats can bounce back from this one.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

It's alright making claims but if there is NOTHING to back it up what is the point. Some people on here are far to sensitive and if their great their gets shot down in flames the pull out the usual conspiracy clichés many are in your post.

DENY IGNORANCE

I have had people politely disagree with my posts. We agree to disagree and respect eachothers beliefs. But other members are like piranhas, they just simply want to destroy you or shut you down.

I get what you are saying though.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
The vast majority of debunking I see on this website is mostly polite and intelligent.

And an awful lot of stuff gets posted that is just wacky out-there fiction.

I can imagine to somebody who believes, it certainly must seem like their theory is getting scat upon, but honestly I think it's just... inevitable when somebody has to say to somebody else sorry old chap, but your theory here is based on completely made-up evidence.

Is the nature of the beast I think, no?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I do not believe any of that is the case here.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley

I do not believe any of that is the case here.

When a person disagrees with respect is seldom seen here, thank you

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

DENY IGNORANCE

A lot of topics discussed here can be very very difficult to prove they happened. Paranormal (and other similar) topics by their very nature are often very personal and can provide little evidence that the experiencer can then furnish to "prove" it happened. But they still may want to share the experience.

Do we have the right to say they can't share it with others, who it may help, just because they don't have enough evidence to satisfy everyone's desire for incontrovertible proof? Or resort to name calling and belittling because we disagree or feel they may be lying about their experience?

Imho it comes down to common courtesy. If you don't agree with a topic nobody is making you post insulting or thoughtless replies to them. Make sure your reply is polite or don't post. You can still refute them, just try to do it in such a way as you would like to be treated if you were the one posting a difficult hard to prove topic.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Oh great, another pathetic thread ...

Oh great, another BS insult. Your whole post was framed as an insult. Which kind of proves that you don't like people having the space to share ideas without their being boxed in by trolls & naysayers who use insults. Like you just did.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I literally just made this account yesterday. And while I was drawn to all of the different types of discussion this platform offers, it's posts like these that make me want to not be a part of any of this.

I do believe in many things, however, as in with REAL LIFE, there will always be people who disagree. With that disagreement comes strong feelings on both sides. You can argue why you believe something and be adamant about why you're right and consequently, the opposing side can do the exact same thing with an equal level of belief or disbelief.

People can be hateful on both sides. That doesn't mean you should run to a moderator when someone tells you that you're wrong, even if it is not a pleasant discourse. If you have an argument at work, about a work related thing, and the other person says you're doing something entirely wrong, you don't run to your boss. You disregard that person and then you go to your work friends and talk about how ignorant that one guy is. At the same exact time, that guy you were arguing with will do the same exact thing with their work friends.

I'm not saying this because I enjoy unpleasant conversation, but it happens all the time. You will always have your supporters and believers in your cause. And you will always have those who think everything you're saying is a complete lie.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
If you can't defend your ideas against a handful of people, it's probably not a good idea...

The motto of the site is deny ignorance, and sometimes "outside the box thinking" is a thin veil to cover ignorance.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I think what makes ATS good is the amount of skeptics. However I also understand that the skeptics within ATS has grown quite substantially to the point where it's tiresome. Maybe if the skeptics just have a word of warning of not shooting down a thread before it's even begun.

That's the only thing I dislike about ATS. Someone will create a thread, and immediately on the first page there will be a naysayer given their two cents. Even when I agree with the naysayer, I also would like the thread to develop a little bit before piping in.

The mods do a good job, it's not their fault there is a dedicated bunch that have nothing better to do than act like sheep dogs trying to get the herd all back in their box.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join