It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS finally reveals list of tea party groups targeted for extra scrutiny

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Looks like the IRS has again admitted they in fact were targeting Conservative groups who applied for tax exempt status.

Finally they have released a list of targets.

And we know some lawsuits are ongoing.

The IRS did all they could to dodge the Obama agenda when the scam hit the public a couple of years ago.

Wonder if the liars will ever be totally identified?

More than 400 targets have been identified so far.

IRS finally reveals list of tea party groups targeted for extra scrutiny

More than three years after it admitted to targeting tea party groups for intrusive scrutiny, the IRS has finally released a near-complete list of the organizations it snagged in a political dragnet.

The tax agency filed the list last month as part of a court case after a series of federal judges, fed up with what they said was the agency’s stonewalling, ordered it to get a move on. The case is a class-action lawsuit, so the list of names is critical to knowing the scope of those who would have a claim against the IRS.

But even as it answers some questions, the list raises others, including exactly when the targeting stopped, and how broadly the tax agency drew its net when it went after nonprofits for unusual scrutiny.

Jealousy sometimes ends badly

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Tea Party groups are fishy and SHOULD be targeted for extra scrutiny...I think

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Before the apologists show up to claim "progressive groups were targeted too", that's a lie.

No, 'Progressive' Groups Weren't Targeted by the IRS Like Conservative Organizations Were

A November 2010 version of the list obtained by National Review Online, however, suggests that while the list did contain the word “progressive,” screeners were in fact instructed to treat “progressive” groups differently from “tea party” groups. Whereas screeners were merely alerted that a designation of 501(c)(3) status “may not be appropriate” for applications containing the word ”progressive” – 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from conducting any political activities – they were told to send those of tea-party groups off IRS higher-ups for further scrutiny. That means the applications of progressive groups could be approved on the spot by line agents, while those of tea-party groups could not. Furthermore, the November 2010 list noted that tea-party cases were “currently being coordinated with EOT,” which stands for Exempt Organizations Technical, a group of tax lawyers in Washington, D.C. Those of progressive groups were not.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Veracity, just wow... There is a lot you do not know and the media has gotten you good. The Tea Party groups are against unconstitutional taxation and other government overreach. So yes, as a threat to the establishment, they should be watched.....

*edit* Then we have groups who commit real violence and terrorism, like BLM, and they go unchecked. So the lesson here is, the groups being targeted are doing something right.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 6-6-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: Add

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This is bound to lead to a bunch of arrests for violating people's civil rights......
Yeah, who am I kidding.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Wow.
Three years.
The wheels turn really slowly when they are putting out bad press about themselves.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

They also targeted Left groups.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
But hey people!

'Not a smidgen of corruption' !

Ya know when most if not ALL government agencies have become political arms of the executive.

That specifically targets it's enemies ?

It makes Nixon look like a choir boy.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Previous Post

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

LOL

They had to make it look good right?

Which ones by the way?

And what penalties?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I hope to see Los Lerner's pension stopped and all monies paid recovered. I hope the same happens to everyone involved in her schemes.

Is that too much to ask?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Notice the quotation marks around Progressive? That means something.

Think Progress

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Think Progress

LOL

IRS admits targeting conservatives for tax scrutiny in 2012 election

no choice after they gawt caught "red" handed

edit on Jun-06-2016 by xuenchen because: nailed

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Think Progress

And this part of the article that the post linked explains that the 'Progressive' doesn't stop at the title.

A November 2010 version of the list obtained by National Review Online, however, suggests that while the list did contain the word “progressive,” screeners were in fact instructed to treat “progressive” groups differently from “tea party” groups. Whereas screeners were merely alerted that a designation of 501(c)(3) status “may not be appropriate” for applications containing the word ”progressive” – 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from conducting any political activities – they were told to send those of tea-party groups off IRS higher-ups for further scrutiny. That means the applications of progressive groups could be approved on the spot by line agents, while those of tea-party groups could not. Furthermore, the November 2010 list noted that tea-party cases were “currently being coordinated with EOT,” which stands for Exempt Organizations Technical, a group of tax lawyers in Washington, D.C. Those of progressive groups were not.

link

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I hope to see Los Lerner's pension stopped and all monies paid recovered. I hope the same happens to everyone involved in her schemes.

Is that too much to ask?

I have a feeling that the scheme wasn't necessarily hers.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Is that too much to ask?

Lois was just following her "Ordaz".

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Is that too much to ask?

They way they behave these days, anyone in Washington with an axe to grind against "the little people" is suspect.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Part two of Nixon articles of impeachment was: using the IRS against his political opponents. Someone should ask Hillary about this. You think her opinion has changed since she thought this was an impeachable offense.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
a reply to: neo96

Part two of Nixon articles of impeachment was: using the IRS against his political opponents. Someone should ask Hillary about this. You think her opinion has changed since she thought this was an impeachable offense.

That's why it still boggles my mind how the left has cemented Nixon as this really bad guy, yet they all yawned at this and they shrugged their shoulders when the IRS commissioner claimed he couldn't produce emails because "hard drive crash".
edit on 6-6-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join