It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA Schools to Teach Gender Identity Curriculum to Kindergarteners

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 4-6-2016 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

yea tell me about it. I read posts from several old men on here everyday trying to rationalize why young children have to accept as fact a biological and scientific contradiction to the truth of nature. And then they usually come around and parade pictures of minor children who are being mentally abused by everyone around them into accepting such a warped corruption into their mindset as fact to claim how successful they are.

Yes sick sociopaths indeed. I still cannot fathom why old men are the first to flock to defense in corruption of minors and clear social brainwashing.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Until then, I invite you to go teach in an inner city school and tell me how well all day play education will work.

Trust me, all day work on math/reading/writing will not work.

And it was Finland, not Norway. They had some of the lowest scores 40 years ago - changed things - now they are among the highest.

news.stanford.edu...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Until then, I invite you to go teach in an inner city school and tell me how well all day play education will work.

And it was Finland, not Norway. They had some of the lowest scores 40 years ago - changed things - now they are among the highest.

news.stanford.edu...

I see you completely ignored my point about it all.

What is their parental involvement?

This was your original reason why our education was not working. Not anything else.

Now you have shifted the goal posts to how we don't need to spend time on those things. Please address the parental involvement angle before moving on to another argument.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I said that parental involvement is critical, especially if a kid is having problems with a subject. There are plenty of kids who do quite well in school with the curriculum as it is. It's the ones who have trouble that need the extra help.

The Finland school system doesn't have homework, at least not in the elementary grades, so a parent doesn't have to check something the kid's not doing, right?

I have also said that I'm not crazy about our public school system - mostly because I don't agree with all the emphasis on standardized testing to get funding, and I don't think we put enough emphasis on getting top notch teachers - except maybe in the "richer" schools. I also think we spend too much time on the rote learning of the core subjects - it's boring and turns the kids off. Yes, the basics are taught, but not in a way that is conducive to the joy of learning.

My points are:

1. When a kid is struggling, it's important for the parents to help as needed. That isn't happening a lot in this country. Also in the poorer communities, not a lot of parents place much importance on education, and this negatively affects those kids. I think our scores would be better if parents were more involved. And yes, I do believe that in other countries with higher education scores, parents are more involved.

2. It's not necessary to bog a kid down with nothing but reading/writing and arithmetic all day long in order for them to have a successful experience at school.

So my bottom line is: parents should get more involved, and the school system can have a well-rounded curriculum that includes subjects other than core.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

I guess teaching math and English and science and history wasn't enough because the US ranks almost 50th in education.

:/

The educational system has to take over the role of parent now.

Kids are in school about 5 to 6 hours 5 days a week. Those not going to after school care.

What exactly do you suggest, treat them as if they are robots?

SHOCKING - - they are in a Social Environment about 30 hours every week - - without parents.

Let's just ignore that, OK.

With curriculum like this, they ARE being treated as robots. (Insert liberal agenda PC programming punch card here).

Do you get it now, or do you require a dot to dot "connect the dots" picture?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is all just insanity.

From the hyperbole of the reported claims, to the faux outrage of those on both sides.

Gender Identity, the new gay marriage!!

Let's all just focus on these dumb idiot things while half the country elects either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton and your economic futures are literally stolen from you.

But as an on topic note, the state should really stop trying to actually parent kids. There's no educational value in teaching those children about gender. Let's go ahead and teach maybe reading? Let's try that in kinder garden maybe instead, I wonder if that would have more impact on them both socially and intellectually?

Or science, or you know any of the other things we are hilariously behind in. We as the collective West I mean.

Leave the complicated stuff to parents, because that's their god damn job and we should start holding them accountable to it.

~Tenth

edit on 6/4/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Men and woman are only ideas there is no biological difference.
hey, you just have to take that back, there onequestion....shurly .... actually I am coming from a Biblical frame of reference but still.....
please say you'll take it back....:cool...next is the old ....we can't think of the opposite sex as merely physical....we like to talk and be around how the lifemate match from heaven thinks.....he he:.....which is possibly the largest chasm in the history of science....yes science somehow....idk...
edit on 4-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 4-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

edit on 4-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Leave the complicated stuff to parents, because that's their god damn job and we should start holding them accountable to it.

~Tenth

And what if they don't do it, Tenth? Because you know many parents aren't doing their job. We have people on this site who show their ignorance every day about subjects like homosexuality and gender dysphoria. These people aren't teaching their kids properly, because they don't know enough themselves. So they raise their kids to be just as homophobic and transphobic as they are - which only perpetuates the social problems the marginalized face every day. The only hope is for the school system to teach the kids about the world around them - stuff their parents aren't teaching them.

How do we make the parents accountable? Because I'm all for taking the kid away from parents that aren't doing their job - but many have issues with that kind of governing.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

From the attitudes in this type of thread, parents are obviously going to do poorly. Who is going to hold them accountable and how would this be measured and quantified? Perhaps you are advocating all sex education and discussion about sexuality and gender should be removed from schools and left to the parents? I know you don't live in Texas so why is talking about gender such a taboo?

Leaving discussions about human diversity to parents is a prescription for failure.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

news.stanford.edu...

I see you completely ignored my point about it all.

What is their parental involvement?

This was your original reason why our education was not working. Not anything else.

Now you have shifted the goal posts to how we don't need to spend time on those things. Please address the parental involvement angle before moving on to another argument.

Your tiger style debate skills are no match for her bouncy ball style.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

~Tenth

And what if they don't do it, Tenth? Because you know many parents aren't doing their job. We have people on this site who show their ignorance every day about subjects like homosexuality and gender dysphoria. These people aren't teaching their kids properly, because they don't know enough themselves. So they raise their kids to be just as homophobic and transphobic as they are - which only perpetuates the social problems the marginalized face every day. The only hope is for the school system to teach the kids about the world around them - stuff their parents aren't teaching them.

How do we make the parents accountable? Because I'm all for taking the kid away from parents that aren't doing their job - but many have issues with that kind of governing.

If people keep loading more and more curriculum forming onto teachers to create and adhere to, then we need to pay them more. The bottom line is that however good the school may be at helping kids form social relationships, it is the parents job to teach their kid not to hate another based on that persons individual freedoms. It is also the job of parents to teach their kids to rise above opposition with a positive attitude...so if the parents are doing their job in both aspects on one child and not the other, then the kid who has learned the ways to go about it will not be phased.

I also don't believe not teaching your kids about gender is a crime and worthy of taking someone's children away.
edit on 4-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: double negative

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Tenth is on the money....small government.....local is the fastest...

don't go to the extreme on his post.....not logical uno...
the discussion can appear naturally....like with their peers....let's address letting the grapevine live up to it's legacy....

then if one wishes do a clean-up discussion to catch any that missed it .....do a clean-up sweep at the 7th grade level....or so

edit on 4-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

edit on 4-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

From the attitudes in this type of thread, parents are obviously going to do poorly.

Yes, disparage those who disagree with you entirely. This creates a wonderful atmosphere of mutual understanding.

Who is going to hold them accountable and how would this be measured and quantified?

I haven't yet developed the plan of how to implement better parents, but I have a feeling it starts with a better education. And kids at that age, that specific age I'm talking about, are not served by talk of gender identity, especially not by the state.

Perhaps you are advocating all sex education and discussion about sexuality and gender should be removed from schools and left to the parents?

This is exactly what I meant, the hyperbole, the all or another, scorched earth approach to partisan politics.

I'm either for educating children and good parenting, or I'm some Texan caricature. One extreme to the next.

No I'm obviously not discussing leaving ALL of education about "Human Diversity" to parents. That would be an insane position to take. I'm simply saying that the state, should educate young children and focus on those skills that they'll need. Allow the social learning to be part of a community aspect that is both fueled by whatever their parents are doing, plus whatever education we deem appropriate that schools should be teaching them. And of course just having to generally learn about other people from interacting with them in general.

But come on, gender identity at 5? At home sure, at school? It's a waste of an education if you ask me, considering the value of other things that could be focused on.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

But as an on topic note, the state should really stop trying to actually parent kids. There's no educational value in teaching those children about gender. Let's go ahead and teach maybe reading? Let's try that in kinder garden maybe instead, I wonder if that would have more impact on them both socially and intellectually?

Or science, or you know any of the other things we are hilariously behind in. We as the collective West I mean.

Ahh logic.. thank good logic.

Sigh of relief.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The idea about taking someone's kids away because they aren't teaching the kids about the way some liberal whack job feels they should be taught is absurd.
Kids are not state property. Not quite yet anyway. Okay, maybe a little, but it is wrong and it is evil, and should not be defended for any reason. Ever.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

We have people on this site who show their ignorance every day about subjects like homosexuality and gender dysphoria. These people aren't teaching their kids properly, because they don't know enough themselves.

You're always going to have that though, schools trying to teach this to very young children isn't going to change that.

All it does is rile up the parents to become more politically active than your group is and then poof, stuff like Bathroom Bills are born and passed. And just because parents are failing at one thing, doesn't make them failures as parents.

This notion of a well rounded parent is a big giant lie. I have wonderful and successful kids, but even after 4 I'm still hilariously under qualified in many aspects. It took a lot of people to raise my kids and make them good people, at least the good that's relative to me. I've found that true of many people.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I'm sure if you were a parent that had a transgender kid, you might feel a bit differently? Having been a transgender kid more than 50 years ago, ANY sort of understanding or discussion with my classmates would have made my young life a hell of a lot less freakish.

Have you actually looked at the Washington standards?

Just seems like kids are being taught not to make fun of tomboy girls and feminine boys or anyone that doesn't fit the stereotypical binary? Is that so terrible? I think most of the adults here could use these lessons.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Freija is an admitted transsexual. Obviously HE supports this.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

The range of this issue is far to complex for a 5 year old mind to be tackling in their first year of school.

Hell I don't even understand it and I'm turning 31 ok?

Let's be real.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join