It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA Schools to Teach Gender Identity Curriculum to Kindergarteners

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The state of Washington is going to start a program to teach gender identity to students from Kindergarten thru high school.

Looks pretty intense and perhaps a bit controversial as well.

Ways to "express" gender is part of the plan.

Looks like a long term agenda.

WA Schools to Teach Gender Identity Curriculum to Kindergarteners

alternate source

Starting in 2017, public schools in Washington State will have to teach children about gender identity beginning in kindergarten.

Beginning in Kindergarten, students will be taught about the many ways to express gender. Gender expression education will include information about the manifestations of traits that are typically associated with one gender. Crossdressing is one form of gender expression.

Third graders will be introduced to the concept of gender identity. These children will be taught that they can choose their own gender.

Fourth graders will be expected to “define sexual orientation,” which refers to whether a person identifies as heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual; they’ll also be taught about HIV prevention. Children in fourth grade will be told that they can choose their sexual orientation.

Fourth and fifth graders will learn about the relativity of gender roles and why such roles are social constructs that are not inherent to who we are as male or female human beings.

Seventh graders will be expected to “distinguish between biological sex, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.”

High school students will critically “evaluate how culture, media, society, and other people influence our perceptions of gender roles, sexuality, relationships, and sexual orientation.”

+30 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Why are we screwing up an entire generation of children to appease 0.01% of the population?

This couldn't be dubious social engineering at work, could it?

Naaaaah. I'm sure they really have the best interests of the kids in mind. I'm sure they really want them to be able to form healthy, meaningful relationships with other people in their lives.

edit on 6/4/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That's wonderful! I think it is great that gender is discussed long before the issues of sexuality are involved because they aren't the same thing

You do realize both of your sources are from recognized hate groups? It figures.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
More Right Wing Family Council type Fear Mongering

However, children definitely need to learn to accept and not discriminate against those who are different - - and those who will be a part of their world growing up.

SNOPES

WHAT'S TRUE: Washington State has released updated curriculum guidelines in 2016 that include directives regarding gender and gender expression.

WHAT'S FALSE: No part of the document suggests that children in Kindergarten will be taught about transgender issues.

www.snopes.com...

edit on 4-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

hate groups?

Maybe that's the "que" to come up with a well written rebuttal.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Freija

hate groups?

Maybe that's the "que" to come up with a well written rebuttal.

Anyone on ATS who doesn't know who Family Council is and what they do - - has been living under a rock.

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So our worthless,bought and paid for politiciansare now Social Scientists without a clue.The thought of a Hillary win and 4 more years of this pc bs is unthinkable.
edit on CDTSatpm6261 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My ten year old kid is mature enough to recognise the difference between perverts and gays, transgendered and what not.

Seems to me alot of suposed adult poster on ats need to mature a bit faster.

Yes the evil commie muslims overlords will turn our kids gay and transgendered.

Typical mr X bs
edit on 4-6-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

But the document directly from WA say they are.

p.29 of the document itself (p.37 of the pdf) .....

item 5 self-identity

Washington State Learning Standards

+25 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

LOL

The topic is about the State of Washington and its learning standards.

You always attack the members here to no avail.

+34 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I guess teaching math and English and science and history wasn't enough because the US ranks almost 50th in education.

:/

The educational system has to take over the role of parent now.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

But WA State has the document right?

It does mention the claims of your supposed biased sources.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

What exactly about this could screw kids up? It's no different from teaching kids sex-ed from an early age.

Sounds to me like you just want the right to judge people openly without criticism being a repercussion. If you judge someone unfairly then you should have to deal with people criticizing you about it because your judgement is a criticism of another person to begin with.

I think this is a great idea and will maybe teach some kids that we should accept other people's differences and wishes.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What exactly about this could screw kids up?

You don't think teaching boys it's ok to be girls and girls it's ok to be boys could screw them up in the head?

I don't even know what to say anymore. It's literal insanity.

You're a reptilian from another planet, aren't you?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I guess teaching math and English and science and history wasn't enough because the US ranks almost 50th in education.

:/

The educational system has to take over the role of parent now.

Kids are in school about 5 to 6 hours 5 days a week. Those not going to after school care.

What exactly do you suggest, treat them as if they are robots?

SHOCKING - - they are in a Social Environment about 30 hours every week - - without parents.

Let's just ignore that, OK.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Maybe we should have men's rooms,ladies rooms and separate but equal rooms for the sexually confused.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join