It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A warning for Christians.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: TzarChasm

Lol you just repeated their post.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Actually, it's pretty much pertinent and necessary that we step in and say "ein minuten, bitte" ----
or "hang on a sec!"

Why do we persist? (Or at least why do I do so?) Because you are peddling nonsense.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Now now . . . we have to make tolerant allowances for the various cults of hate.

We wouldn't want them to get their lil ole fweelings hurt and have to reflect a few micro-seconds on their wasted lives!

And we sure wouldn't want them to call out the professional demonstrators and rioters to create a major media fuss and get lots of unwarranted attention of the worst sort.

And we would not enjoy their inane pontifications and absurd blatherings a the top of their screeching volume settings.

And who could endure yet more endless news cycles puffing up how important it all is . . . I mean, hate has virtually turned into a cottage industry.

I'm expecting them to award Olympic Gold medals in hate almost any year, now.

Or would that be in anti-hate-hate gold medals? It's hard to keep track of which end of the ping pongs of hate we are discussing.

Are there extra points for starting the screeching labeling?

Maybe hate has become a psychotronic drug giving automatic dopamine highs along with adjacent referred neural orgasms?

Or maybe the oligarchy has gathered enormous funding for a whole mass underground movement of PAID PROFESSIONAL HATERS? And then they have funded those on the other sides hating on the haters???

It gets so confusing.

Whatever happened to the movement to all hold hands, have a group hug and sing KUMBYA?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You do so well at asking the good, hard questions.

Sadly, too few want to even think about them, much less answer them--particularly with any informed thoughtfulness.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

How can sharing a thought, a message, a belief be hurtful to anyone? No one needs to read it.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

Though somewhere some idiots are probably trying to figure out how to file a suit over "micro-aggression" because something unpleasant crossed their eye-gate because they couldn't restrain their perverse gritchy contrarian curiosity!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

. . . according to . . .

drum roll . . . .

your

drum roll . . .

ever contrarian . . . O P I N I O N!

Whoooop T do!

Shocking.

Certainly in the philosophical spiritual arena . . . one person's nonsense is another's sacred truth.

And Vice Versa.

Personally, I think you might observe a lot of "nonsense" out your own fingers/keyboard.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You do realize that my thread aims at holding Christians, who believe in the Bible, to a higher standard than denominationalism? This has nothing to do with atheists, agnostics, or other religions.

So why do you make it your business to pretend that you know more than we do about spirituality?

Who knows, you just might be as wrongs as you claim that we are, or worse.

1“Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2“For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Basically, its simple psychology. You're projecting yourself onto me. In a universe where Divine Justice (or what YOU may call Karma) always has the last word; what goes around will come back to YOU.

edit on 4-6-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: added point

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

You do realize that my thread aims at holding Christians, who believe in the Bible, to a higher standard than denominationalism? This has nothing to do with atheists, agnostics, or other religions.

How can be so disingenuous? Especially when this, below, was the leading message in the first post of your OP. Your address to Christians was "Part II"!

Pffft

If you are not already a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, know that eternal life is as simple as believing that Jesus, as the the only begotten Son of God, died on the cross in our place for ALL of our sins. There is no work to it, just simply believe and you are irrevocably saved from an eternity in the Lake of Fire.

edit on 4-6-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Windword,

My address was to Christians and those seeking to become Christians. That is why I first established the Biblical gospel message before proceeding. I had to split the OP into two parts simply because of text character limitations.If you do not have an interest in becoming a Christian, then my address excludes you. I never demanded your attention or opinions. If you don't like what I have to say, you have the right to simply leave this thread, if you so desire. There really is no need to make childish assumptions about my character. It suggests a sense of immaturity and a lack of objectivity, on your part.

Nevertheless, your concerns have been carefully noted and are of the utmost value to myself and my fellow believers in Christ.

Thank you.

edit on 4-6-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: proof reading

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

My address was to Christians and those seeking to become Christians.

More dishonesty.

Part I
If you are not already a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ.....

THAT ^^^^ is addressed to non-believers, agnostics, atheists and those of other religions, who didn't solicite from you how to become "Christians".

You don't even begin to address "believers' until Part II, where I guess you think that you've converted everyone to your thinking, but just in case you didn't, you begin with this little gem of a disclaimer!

Part II So far, we can see that failure to wash your soul in the Blood of Christ/Water of the Word will result in the Eternal Injury of Death of the Soul (Mark 8:36 loss of soul, Rev 2:11 injury by second death, Rev 3:5 blotting name from Book of Life).

Lovely imagery......(not)
but, Baptism is just a "public display of faith"......sigh...

edit on 4-6-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: namelesss

Unfitting censorship of disdained beliefs is a huge offense.

It is quite 'fitting'!
Are there no ToS relating to such preaching?

Virtually every post on ATS is preaching about something.

So, you have your own handily convenient definition of 'preaching'?
Whatever...

And avatars are preaching constantly.

If you think that the little pictures are 'preaching', if you see everything as 'preaching', then YOU have a problem!

"We don't see the world as it is, we see it as we are!"

Supposedly your scroll button works. I encourage you to walk on by posts and topics you don't enjoy.

I will post as I must!
Might I suggest that you feel free to take your own advice and ignore my posts if they disturb your vanity?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Do you believe in Jesus?

If so, here's another question:

Do you believe Jesus?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

So why do you make it your business to pretend that you know more than we do about spirituality?

Derp????
For the same reason that you make it your business to pretend that you know more than we do about spirituality! This is not a difficult concept, Priest. Obviously I'm interested in reading your threads and posts...but yes, I do think I do know more than you do about spirituality!

You really had to ask this? You decided to phrase it like that?
Do you see how silly that is?

Anyway - I just stopped by and wanted to post this bit of God's word as delivered through a young man who is performing in front of others, has a lot of talent, and was blessed to be on the internet.......
he has a message from God...................

"From God's Perspective"

The books you think I wrote are way too thick.
Who needs a thousand metaphors to figure out you shouldn't be a dick?
And I don't watch you when you sleep.
Surprisingly I don't use my omnipotence to be a #ing creep

You're not going to heaven
Why the # would you think I'd ever kick it with you?
None of you are going to heaven
There's a trillion aliens cooler than you

You shouldn't abstain from rape just 'cause you think that I want you to
You shouldn't rape 'cause rape is a #ed up thing to do
(Pretty obvious, just don't #ing rape people, please, didn't think I had to write that one down for you)

I don't think masturbation is obscene
It's absolutely natural and the weirdest #ing thing I've ever seen
You make my job a living hell and I sent gays to fix overpopulation
And boy did that go well

You're not going to heaven
Eat a thousand crackers sing a million hymns
None of you are going to heaven
You're not my children
You're a bad game of Sims

You shouldn't abstain from pork just 'cause you think that I want you to
You can eat pork 'cause why the # would I give a #?
(I created the universe, think I'd draw the line at the #ing deli aisle?)

You argue and you bicker and you fight
Atheists and Catholics, Jews and Hindus argue day and night
Over what they think is true
But no one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you

You pray so badly for heaven
Knowing any day might be the day that you die
But maybe life on earth could be heaven
Doesn't just the thought of it make it worth a try

[2x]
My love's the type of thing that you have to earn
And when you earn it you won't need it

I'm not gonna give you love just 'cause I know that you want me to
If you want love then the love's gonna come from you

edit on 6/4/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Yeah?
Personally, I think you all spend an inordinate amount of time and energy imagining and focusing on something that is entirely improbable, and then thinking up how you're going to defend those thoughts against people who question the premise.

I think it's fascinating. My interest is in the anthropological and sociological phenomena surrounding the topic......I'm interested in why you all are interested in what interests you.

That said: Yes - you're right....it's my opinion. All you have regarding this one is your opinion also, BO.....

If we ever have proof that everyone can agree on, then we will be making progress for sure!!!

For example, the Earth rotates around the sun, and is about 4 billion years old.....

We all know that one and have it in our heads and we all share that and know it, right????

oh, wait.....

xo

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: BO XIAN

Yeah?
Personally, I think you all spend an inordinate amount of time and energy imagining and focusing on something that is entirely improbable, and then thinking up how you're going to defend those thoughts against people who question the premise.

So let me look at this from your perspective. Lets just get it out in the open. You think that we are basically retards for what we choose to believe.

So why do you like standing around making fun of retards?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Did I say you are "retards"?
First of all, the term "retard" is offensive, obsolete, and irrelevant, priest! And second of all: NO! That was a major "fail" in regards to trying to see my perspective....

If you were looking at it from my perspective, you would be detached from your point of view enough to imagine someone who isn't you listening to you. From my perspective you all are choosing to embrace a package of ideas which are based on nothing but people's ideas.

I simply don't know why you hold them so dear and clutch at them so desperately. Have you ever, though,
really tried to imagine that you are an agnostic - that you have come to grips with the facts enough to realize that there is nothing at all to back up either side?

My objective is to help you explore other ways of thinking before locking yourself into one particular role.....
there's no rush, man.
Take your time. Learn about other areas. Read a couple of guide books. Ask around for directions and suggestions for experiencing the new places....

So why do you like standing around making fun of retards?

What?

That's a real stretch there, bro. First you put the word "retards" into my mouth, and then you say I "like standing around making fun of" those "retards".

NONE of that came from me. That is all you. It's all you, baby.

What did you think of the guy's poem/song that God inspired within him? Did you think it was good? I thought so.
I guess you'd prefer that you could totally write up the reading-list and textbook requirements and then sit back and be ready to blame the classroom teacher for the kids being skeptical....

anyway - you're not a "retard", nor do I like "standing around making fun"....
I just want you to relax and realize that you are working yourself into a frenzy for nothing.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
NOTICE: These are things I've learned in my time away from ATS, I'm sharing this not to debate, but for my fellow Christians who are still here, and others who are interested in becoming a Christian. Say what you want, I don't care, this is nothing but pure observation from my perspective.

Part I

If you are not already a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, know that eternal life is as simple as believing that Jesus, as the the only begotten Son of God, died on the cross in our place for ALL of our sins. There is no work to it, just simply believe and you are irrevocably saved from an eternity in the Lake of Fire.

John 3:3“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is BORN AGAIN (Greek says, b
orn from above) he cannot SEE the kingdom of God.”

John 3:5“Truly, tuly, I say to you, unless one is BORN OUT OF WATER and THE SPIRIT he cannot ENTER INTO the kingdom of God”

Really!! No work involved, just believe that a man's death is atonement for my sins, like, a human sacrifice that gets me to heaven?

I just have to crucify logic, reason and the words of the dead man himself to get there?

If it sounds to good to be true, it ain't(true).

If you read the part of the OP where Jesus instructs you that being born of water and Spirit is a requirement to enter/see heaven it a actually IS a very direct reference to water baptism.

Water baptism is what gives you the Spirit.

The Spirit is what gets you to heaven.

Now, to say that born of the water is NOT referring to baptism makes no sense.

Jesus instituted baptism as an "initiation" into "the Way" or the narrow path that few will find. He took it one step further than remission of sins and made it the Way to be born again and in the Spirit.

So when someone tells you that it isn't what "born of water" means even though after water comes the Spirit in Jesus own baptism I would be cautious of anything they say.

Because getting baptized is not so difficult that it needs to be rendered secondary to belief that Jesus died for our sins. This is making your own doctrine.

When did Jesus teach that baptism was just ceremonial and that he came to be a sacrifice for man's sins?

His death was about resurrection not a vicarious atonement. We resurrect when we die to the world and are born of the Spirit.

It takes more than faith, faith is the beginning of the spiritual journey and resurrection is the culmination. Not this zombie end times resurrection but a Spiritual resurrection long misunderstood by Christians.

On earth, as it is in heaven.
edit on 4-6-2016 by Szarah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Szarah

You have missed my point. Salvation has three dimensions:

Spirit--Faith in Christ

Soul--Washing the soul daily with the Blood of Christ

Body--Resurrection

If you want Eternal Life, then all you must do is believe. If you stop there, then you will spend 1000 literal years in the Darkness Outside the kingdom of God, then you will spend eternity locked out of New Jerusalem.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Salvations three dimensions are water, Spirit and fire. The three elements of baptism.

Mind, spirit and soul are the elements of man. Man can not save but is saved by baptism.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Szarah

Yes, but H2O is only used as a symbol for the Word of God. That is the water that is relevant. To be washed in the Water of the Word is far more important that dunking yourself in water. That is what it means to be born out of water.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join