It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A warning for Christians.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fahrenheit

originally posted by: Cinrad
a reply to: Fahrenheit

So you think god goes to all the trouble to manifest as a person and teach us the way to life, gets killed for it, and then lets some dude wreck all his work by codifying a book? That's a small god.

No god didn't do any of that stuff, we did..

And god let us?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fahrenheit

a reply to: Fahrenheit

So you think god goes to all the trouble to manifest as a person and teach us the way to life, gets killed for it, and then lets some dude wreck all his work by codifying a book? That's a small god.

No god didn't do any of that stuff, we did..

And god let us?

God is us bro

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Jesus dying on the cross was simply to symbolize the death of the mind/ego.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
NOTICE: These are things I've learned in my time away from ATS, I'm sharing this not to debate, but for my fellow Christians who are still here, and others who are interested in becoming a Christian. Say what you want, I don't care, this is nothing but pure observation from my perspective.

Part I

If you are not already a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, know that eternal life is as simple as believing that Jesus, as the the only begotten Son of God, died on the cross in our place for ALL of our sins. There is no work to it, just simply believe and you are irrevocably saved from an eternity in the Lake of Fire.

The gospel of nothing. Even though Jesus had teachings of Wisdom and the keys to the Kingdom of God, it isn't necessary to learn from or try to be like Christ.
You
just have to talk about him all the time and tell people things he never taught.

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.”
If you are already a believer in our Lord Jesus Christ, then the issue is not salvation, but fellowship with God and the filling of the Holy Spirit via the use of 1 John 1:9. Simply cite your know sins to God the Father and you will be cleansed of ALL unrighteousness so that the Holy Spirit may fill you and enlighten you to any truth that God may wish to communicate to you. If you refuse to consistently use this function of your individual priesthood in Christ (Rev 1:6), you might as well stop reading here, as you have already rejected God’s plan for your life in both time and eternity.

What are you preaching? Fear, Hell? I believe in Christ but I don't agree with you. I follow Jesus first and nothing cancels his words. You are trapped by fear. You don't know God or his plans.

Losing fear is an act of Faith as fearing God is the start of Wisdom.

Jesus conquered hell and death. So can we.

John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

Denominationalism has been a stumbling block to God’s children for far too long. Generations of drooling over the same tired theological commentaries and Sunday morning canned sermons, have rendered the Church dead in its works. Millions upon millions of Christians trade the truth for religion on a weekly basis simply because they continue choose spiritual milk over the spiritual meat that God has prepared for us. The problem is two fold; congregations do not demand progress from the elementary teachings about Christ, and therefore Church leaders do not offer such wisdom. Sadly, the consequence for such an attitude toward the Word is DEATH OF THE SOUL.

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity,… 7 For ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God; 8 but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.

Mark 8:34…, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. 35“For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it. 36“For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul?

Sadly, it is UNCOMMON knowledge within the Church that God created man as body, soul, and spirit. In fact, when God created Adam in Genesis 2:7 the Hebrew text plainly states that God breathed into Adam’s nostrils the “breath of lives”. This means that Adam was given both a soul formatted after the image of God (the Hebrew text states shadow of God), and a human spirit with which Adam had fellowship with God. When Adam ate from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, he experienced dying death (Hebrew Gen 2:17 dying you shall die). This curse of dying death was pronounced on Adam’s body, soul, and spirit. By sinning, immediately, Adam’s spirit lost fellowship with God, his soul (composed of mind and heart—in greek, psuche and kardia) was flooded with the Knowledge of Good and Evil (divorcing his mentality from God), and his body began to age unto the point of eventual physical death. Therefore, complete salvation must be three fold to neutralize the curse of dying death: Regeneration of the Spirit, Washing of the Soul, and Resurrection of the Body.
Salvation must start with the regeneration of the Spirit. Jesus died on the cross as a payment to God for Adam’s Original Sin as well as ALL personal sins committed by ALL of the world. By placing our faith in Christ’s payment for our sins, our spirit can then be born again, once and for all (it can never die again)…but th

John 3:3“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is BORN AGAIN (Greek says, born from above) he cannot SEE the kingdom of God.”

John 3:5“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is BORN OUT OF WATER and THE SPIRIT he cannot ENTER INTO the kingdom of God”

Read the above passages very carefully (remember to use 1 John 1:9), the point is very easy to overlook. In order to SEE the kingdom of God, you must be born again or born from above (spiritual regeneration by faith alone in Christ alone)…HOWEVER, in order to ENTER INTO the kingdom of God, you must be born out of WATER and SPIRIT. So what does it mean to be born out of water? This is NOT a direct reference to water baptism. Look at Ephesians 5:26-27.

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, 26 so that He might sanctify her, having CLEANSED HER BY THE WASHING OF THE WATER WITH THE WORD, 27 that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be HOLY AND BLAMELESS.

So how does this pertain to the soul?

Rev 6:9 When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the SOULS of those who had been slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained…11 And there was given to each of them a white robe…Rev 7: “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the RIGHT TO THE TREE OF LIFE, and may ENTER BY THE GATES INTO THE CITY.

Rev 5: He who overcomes will thus be CLOTHED IN WHITE GARMENTS; and I will not erase his name from the BOOK OF LIFE, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

James 5:2 Your riches have rotted and your garments have become moth-eaten…6 You have condemned and have put to death the righteous.

Isaiah 64:6For all of us have become like one who is unclean, And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment; And all of us wither like a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

I feel sorry for your pessimism. I ain't killed nobody and I am not rich or condemned.

I like James. An enemy of James is an enemy of me. He was Righteous. He was the Righteous One. Some scumbag named Saul killed him on behalf of the Herodians.
edit on 20-6-2016 by KingPhilipsiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The Kingdom of God is within (us) and without.

The Kingdom of God is above and below.

We are immortal and this life is about spiritual evolution.

I do not believe that simply believing in a myth that focuses on his death is even respectable as a faith. It isn't what Jesus taught so why are you just using his name?

" I never knew ye.''

Is what he says to that.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I think you will find that just accepting and believing is not enough, by their fruits you will know them as Christians
Talk is talk, walking the talk, that's different, it's not enough just to believe, it's about living as Christ lived, at least trying to anyway

The rest, no issue

I think you're conflating secondary consequence with the first cause. The purpose of the Holy Spirit given to us and our new birth is to bear fruit that glorifies Christ. The fruit bearing doesn't make us born of the Spirit.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

I have met some people who identify hitler as a Christian because German soldiers had a belt buckle saying God is with us
I don't think my point was clear enough for some people

What of a tv evangelist in a million dollar ministry with his own trademarked little dove representing the Holy Spirit, private jet and obscene wealth

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I have met some people who identify hitler as a Christian because German soldiers had a belt buckle saying God is with us
I don't think my point was clear enough for some people

What of a tv evangelist in a million dollar ministry with his own trademarked little dove representing the Holy Spirit, private jet and obscene wealth

It matters not that the Nazis said "God with us", it matters who they considered God to be. Luciferians will say they believe in God, but their God isn't the Lord Jesus Christ.

And I don't think TV evangelists are a good representation of a Christian.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

So I would expect you get my reasoning, understand just claiming a faith in God doesn't make a person a christian
Simple isn't it

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

So I would expect you get my reasoning, understand just claiming a faith in God doesn't make a person a christian
Simple isn't it

Quite simple, the demons believe there is one God too.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Simple isn't it

So no I don't think I am conflating ideas, I am trying to bring them into a balance

You can't have one without the other

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Simple isn't it

So no I don't think I am conflating ideas, I am trying to bring them into a balance

Maybe I'm wrong, which is possible. When you say "not enough" are you talking about justification and reconciliation to God? Or when you say "not enough" are you talking about service to the Lordship of Jesus Christ? I assumed you meant the former, that belief in Him is not enough for justification to God.
edit on 25-6-2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Simple isn't it

Maybe I'm wrong, which is possible. When you say "not enough" are you talking about justification and reconciliation to God? Or when you say "not enough" are you talking about service to the Lordship of Jesus Christ? I assumed you meant the former, that belief in Him is not enough for justification to God.

I probably didn't explain myself clearly
Christianity isn't just faith, it's lifestyle as well.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Simple isn't it

I probably didn't explain myself clearly
Christianity isn't just faith, it's lifestyle as well.

Yes, true. But first things must remain first things. You can't receive the Holy Spirit to serve the Lord and bear fruit for His kingdom without being born again. That's the first cause, service and good works are the reason for the first cause.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

As I said, I probably didn't explain myself, just accepting Christ and believing in Christ must be followed by the fruits of the Spirit

Accepting is the first step, followed by...

Cool, sorted ?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

As I said, I probably didn't explain myself, just accepting Christ and believing in Christ must be followed by the fruits of the Spirit

Accepting is the first step, followed by...

Cool, sorted ?

Well, seems simple enough to me.. if after a period of time there are no fruits of the Spirit then there isn't the working of the Spirit going on in that person's life.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join