It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohammed Ali is dead at 74

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

he was a good boxer

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I grew up with Ali as a type of Hero to me....

I recall the nighttime radio presentation of the Liston - Ali change of Title(s) >both Boxing & Name<
about how former champ Patterson refused to recognize the Black Muslim name: M. Ali of the former C. Clay

how Ali refused to participate in the Vietnam war... even as I became a veteran myself...

Ali would go on to be a world class Ambassador even as he ruffled a few feathers, hey 74 was a lot older than I thought the man would live ... considering the blows to the head he took during a lifetime in a brutal 'Sport'

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Float like a butterfly,sting like a bee,up in heaven Ali will be..

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
sadly, he's been gone for 30 years

RIP

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
As sad as I am to see the greatest boxer and one of the world's great men pass, I'm glad to have been alive to have witnessed his brilliance and also glad he's no longer suffering from that awful disease.

RIP

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Mohammed Ali was very political. He was a social justice warrior and activist.

In protest to going to Vietnam to fight:

“I ain’t draft dodging. I ain’t burning no flag. I ain’t running to Canada. I’m staying right here. You want to send me to jail? Fine, you go right ahead. I’ve been in jail for 400 years. I could be there for 4 or 5 more, but I ain’t going no 10,000 miles to help murder and kill other poor people. If I want to die, I’ll die right here, right now, fightin’ you, if I want to die. You my enemy, not no Chinese, no Vietcong, no Japanese. You my opposer when I want freedom. You my opposer when I want justice. You my opposer when I want equality. Want me to go somewhere and fight for you? You won’t even stand up for me right here in America, for my rights and my religious beliefs. You won’t even stand up for my rights here at home.”

Rest in Power.
edit on 6/4/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
A hero passes.

I admired him for refusing to fight in Vietnam.

“I Ain't Got No Quarrel With The VietCong...No VietCong Ever Called Me Nxxxxxx.”

A Great Man.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
A celebrity death that actually saddened me.

Love Ali! Wearing my favorite Ali shirt right now!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
What a great man. There was a time in this world when the heavyweight champion was the most well known person in the world. Ali was not only the greatest, but he boxed during probably the greatest generation of heavyweight boxers. He was a gladiator, a poet, a cultural icon. He brought people of all races together to marvel at his skill. He showed us that heart and brains could overcome raw power. He was the greatest showman ever to box, and despite his sometimes coarse demeanor, he had a soft spot for children and spent a lot of time helping them.

His family and loved ones can be proud that he did his part to make this world a better place.

Not only did the world lose a great man today, it also symbolizes the end of an era, when competitors were pure and the competition was what mattered most. Boxing will never be as big as Ali made it, and the world will never see another champion like him.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

when competitors were pure and the competition

Well, boxing is a dirty sport I'll just put it that way.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Wouldn't call him the greatest boxer of all time but he was def up there and his style was almost impossible to replicate. He was certainly a fiercely courageous and principled man who lived by his convictions. The world is a lesser place without him.
edit on 4-6-2016 by MagnaCarta2015 because: corrected

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
R.I.P Mr Ali.

Wonderful man and true legend.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: fjihgu

No. He WAS, IS, ALWAYS will be The Greatest Boxer.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Ok, no problem.

Google

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Greatest Sportsman of all time imo. And a amazing Human Being. RIP Cassius.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I will pour some liquor for a true hero. He made boxing great and helped make the world that much better. A true role model. May he rest in peace.

With love.
Me

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Given how many ATS posters daily write about how they despise Muslims, I'm surprised people aren't celebrating.

Still, from my perspective, the world has lost a genuine sporting icon and a great man. 2016 claims another legend.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Crushing news ending the age of champions.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
Given how many ATS posters daily write about how they despise Muslims, I'm surprised people aren't celebrating.

Still, from my perspective, the world has lost a genuine sporting icon and a great man. 2016 claims another legend.

I used to bring up all of the famous African American Muslims like Dave Chappelle, Ice Cube, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Mike Tyson, and more. The anti-Muslim crowd would respond that they were converts so it was different. smh

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Wouldn't call him the greatest boxer of all time but he was def up there and his style was almost impossible to replicate. He was certainly a fiercely courageous and principled man who lived by his convictions. The world is a lesser place without him.

See I feel that if you say he wasn't the greatest boxer of all time. It's because you don't know enough about boxing. And most likely are not good at boxing either. I don't know of anyone who comes close to Muhammed Ali.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join