It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Ever Sent Fan Mail to a Famous Person...and received a reply?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

I don't recall the exact origin of the letter other than that it came into my possession via my wife, who got it from a coworker. I knew the full story at one point, but I need to ask again.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7 Thank you Shiloh... this helps a lot. It never occurred to me that he might really like some fan based input, just to help him decide things... that is what I want of course.. for him to want some fan mail, but I have been battling my fear of being annoying.
I think I will feel better if I just let him know my feelings on Kill Bill.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Parafitt Cool that you chatted a bit online with the famous folks... it is really nice they take the time for fans.
Thank you for your post!😊

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I've sent an email to Boyd Morrison about his book Roswell Conspiracy and had a reply sent back. I asked the standard questions and if he believed in the conspiracy that he based his book around, meaning aliens crash landing etc and he said something about not being 100 percent on the subject and thinks that there are other factors that we've not been told and probably never will.

I also contacted Kevin Durand on Twitter (sadly I've forgotten by twitter password and email since and Twitter won't help) about the tv show The Strain, and told him that he was one of the better reasons for watching it and he liked, retweeted my tweet and then replied with a "Cheers thanks for watching" which admittedly is a standard actor response but it counts, right? Yeah it counts...don't steal it from me lol.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85 I think the like, tweet and retweet definitely count! It shows they appreciate what you say.
Thanks for your post! I have an author in mind that I would love to get a response from, like you did (very cool)...I feel inspired now to be a good fan to those I appreciate!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Stephen King. Not one of his biggest fans now , but I was during the "Dark Tower" series days. Sent him a letter and he (or perhaps staff) replied just shortly after. And I say , to this day , King has a secluded retreat house not far from where I live. The person living there is identical even down to the glasses.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog Omg! That's pretty cool! I read Different Seasons in high school and really enjoyed it.
Next time you see your neighbor, you could pretend to get on your cell phone and be all,''Hey Stephen!'' to see if they look at you... he he he, better not, he might get spooked and want his privacy... if it is truly him.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: Gothmog Omg! That's pretty cool! I read Different Seasons in high school and really enjoyed it.
Next time you see your neighbor, you could pretend to get on your cell phone and be all,''Hey Stephen!'' to see if they look at you... he he he, better not, he might get spooked and want his privacy... if it is truly him.

The resemblance is eerie. My son was the first to notice as he asked the man if he could fish in his pond (small lake). It is an older farmhouse out in the middle of nowhere. Thats what makes me question the "Stephen King Conspiracy" . Or , could it be hide in plain sight where not many would recognize him ? Strange , I have never seen the man at any of the country stores , either. Ever.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Don't stop there...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Yup at around 1985 I wrote to Jimmy Savile asking him to come and open our school fete and he replied saying he would have loved to have come but had a previous engagement.
So glad now he was busy.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
When "The X-Files" first came out I was pretty excited as a scifi fan. I wrote Chris Carter a letter and he wrote me back! That was such a long time ago and a couple of times I have looked for the letter and couldn't find it. I like to think the letter is still here among all my junk but I fear it may have been accidentally thrown away...or maybe abducted by aliens. ' )

Sal

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Back in 1972I sent a letter to Pete Duel from a tv show Alias Smith And Jones. A show set in the American west. Smith and jones were bank robbers who had decided to go straight. They were always hoping for some kind of amnesty from the governor while being chased by a posse.. The show was on from January 71 to January 73.
Unfortunately Duel committed suicide in Dec of 71after having done 33 episodes.
I received a short thank you note and an autographed picture which I tore up when he killed himself.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Yes, yes I have.

I received a reply from Jennifer Aniston's attorney in plain language that I was not to contact her anymore and refrain from sending her explicit photographs of myself.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: Abysha I feel embarrassed about the crush I have on Quentin Tarantino! If he didn't make the Kill Bill's, I wouldn't feel so silly about him.

Alright... I have to admit, that came as a surprise. Everybody has their own little "quirk" crushes so I get it. Example: Bill Nye, even at his current age. There, we're even.

great now I'll hear Bill Nye the science guy in my head for the rest of the day. LOL

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I didn't write but my husband found out that my all time favourite singer [Marc Almond-of Soft Cell etc] was in Town for a CD signing, on my Birthday [many years ago].
I was second last in line and he was really tired and bored.
But as I had always said that there is two people I'd like to shake hands with [then]

1. Marc Almond and

2. Stephen King, I was about to fulfil 50% of my hand shaking goals, so I wasn't having him being tired.

I was the only one that asked if they could shake his hand and he happily obliged and when he found out it was my Birthday, he signed my CD with "Dear Hecate666, Have a very happy Birthday, Love Marc"!

I still have it, and my 'fabulous' best friend back in Germany was soooooooooooooooo jealous!

edit on 3-6-2016 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2016 by Hecate666 because: Several brain spasms and clarifications.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Fuddlefingers DP.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I met Vivian Vance who played Ethel Mertz on I Love Lucy. I flew from NY to L.A. with her across the aisle from me. She was very sick and old by then .
I also flew L.A. to NY with Valery Harper who played Rhoda Morganstern in the Mary Tyler Moore series and later her own series. She revealed that her character was getting married on the show that year. Very exciting. Lastly passed but never spoke to Jerry Lewis. He shared a lounge at JFK for about thirty seconds before my sister yelled look it's Jerry Lewis and he left the lounge for a private employee area. United Airlines first class in the 70s was a popular airline for celebrities I guess.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Did you get pissed off at the ending of the Dark Tower series?
Once I would have fawned all over Stephen but after that I just wanted to choke him.
I still buy his new releases but I cant forgive him that cop out ending.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Did you get pissed off at the ending of the Dark Tower series?

Not when he finally got into the Tower but the Harry Potter and Star Wars incorporation ruined the last two books for me.

He has a notorious reputation for not being able to end his novels.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Hey , we agree , somewhat . The disappointment started for me earlier than the ending . Seemed as if the writing changed down the road to set up the ending .Thats just me.

Noticed Augustus' reply. This is mostly my dissatisfaction as well

Not when he finally got into the Tower but the Harry Potter and Star Wars incorporation ruined the last two books for me.

To Augustus :
Seems as if a few great writers have that issue of not ending the books
Ever read the "Wheel of Time Series" ?

edit on 6/3/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join