It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid in Iceland?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I woke up today and opened Facebook (guilty as charged), and it greeted me with one of the so called "Facebook memories". An image I have taken 5 years ago when I visited Iceland.

I wasn't aware of the significance of it at that time, or that there are pyramids all over the world. It just seemed like a cool pyramid shaped mountain. But now when I look closely it just makes the image far more interesting, the snow cover between the two sides looks like triangular shape, and the edges of it seem quite straight and there are no curves as you would expect from a real mountain. And the top seems quite pointy and resembles many pyramids images I have seen.

I doubt that's a hollow pyramid like the one in Giza, but still there are pyramid shapes in the Antarctica and Bosnia and all over. I still wonder why there are pyramids all over the world, nature tends to create circular objects, not pointy ones.

Your thoughts?
edit on 2-6-2016 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye
The near edge is sort of off, don't you think?
What's the other side of it look like?

Oh, the Giza pyramids are not hollow.

edit on 6/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Looks like....the top of a mountain.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I don't remember really even where that was, I captured it in a trip I have been to Northern Iceland. Never seen the other side of it.

It doesn't seem like a perfect pyramid, I agree, but that is surely different from all the mountains I have seen there.
edit on 2-6-2016 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
www.google.com...

There's a reason mountains take that shape and there's a reason people built them that way. It's a very stable shape.
edit on 6/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Thank YOU!
I just snorted a beverage all over the place.

I looked at the distance involved and said to myself " sure! let me just trot on around and check!"

Totally get your point, but I have to ask cause it begs saying...so the whole 'Pics or it didn't happen" just got changed to Pics of all angles or it didn't happen?

The irony is killing me!
Best laugh all week! THANK YOU Sincerely!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
You should google earth it and see what you get ?!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

lol well hollow I meant as there are internal passage ways and chambers within the pyramid, not the best term I'd say, English is not my native language.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
You should google earth it and see what you get ?!

I had that in mind as well, I will try to find it if I would remember the road I was going.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye

It doesn't seem like a perfect pyramid, I agree, but that is surely different from all the mountains I have seen there.

So you're not aware that pyramids were artificial mountains

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye

originally posted by: Phage

I don't remember really even where that was, I captured it in a trip I have been to Northern Iceland. Never seen the other side of it.

Iceland is very geologically active, it's possible for a mountain to be uplifted like that but hard to tell without a better location. Just because it looks isolated like that from one side doesn't mean it isn't actually the tail end of more ridges or an old weathered down uplift from faulting long ago. The nearest comparison visually would be a Pingo, kind of, sort of.
It's now time for someone with more correct geologic terms to step n and save me from further embarrassing myself...

www-personal.umich.edu...

edit on 2-6-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Oh come on, no one else has google ?

www.google.co.uk...,+B%C3%BAlandstindur&biw=1366&bih=594&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjL6vyI8onNAhUF2xoKHbcMDHw Q_AUICCgD&dpr=1

Natural
Not man made
When a mountain becomes eroded, it always does it around 50 degrees. Because as the Egyptians found out, that is the angle which causes the structure to become stable, any more and it would collapse like the Meidum pyramid, any less and you wouldn't notice a similarity...
But it is just a similarity...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
One Indian intuitive scientist said part of Iceland, may be islands, belonged to Atlantis. Pyramids were common in Atlantis. There was some time ago also in thirdphaseofmoon some video showing up huge underwater city near Iceland. So may be, may be not.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Some pyramid's were probably inspired by mountain's, the white pyramid in china WAS actually a man made mountain as it was once over a thousand feet tall and probably the largest pyramid ever built.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Once it gleamed white just like the pyramid's at Giza (which possibly once had golden capstone's to shine in the rising sun).

Many culture's have built pyramid's for many different reason's, take the Mayan pyramid's and the later Aztec one's, they are not true pyramid's at all and seem to be built to resemble the rays' of the sun with the temple on top and the step's symbolic of the sun ray down which the blood of sacrificial victim's would flow, horrific to us but to them there god's demanded human sacrifice, thankfully the Spanish put a stop to it, one of the few good thing's in an otherwise tragic destruction of a civilization.

In Asia pyramid's also often serve as temple's.

Arguably pyramid's are not always straight sided, take Glastonbury Tor, it is not actually a pyramid but a shaped hill but that served ceremonial function and who know's maybe it was actually originally intended to be a pyramid but they lacked the skill to make one.

No one has yet beaten the egyptian's though for there skill or the solidity of there pyramid and while the white pyramid of china is probably far younger and even far larger it is also far more deteriorated indeed if it had not been for the Arab's the pyramid's of Giza would still have there shining white lime stone casing stone's with whatever ancient message they may have contained though that was probably long weathered away long before the Arab's carted them off to build there mosque's.

edit on 2-6-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I was heading south on Hwy 69 near Gardner, CO a few weeks ago and saw a couple mountains(Sheep Mountain & Little Sheep Mountain) that a at just the right angle looked so very much like 2 pyramids for a while, until I drove a little further so I know what you mean. Found a pic online of these, yep mountains.

Maybe the pyramid looking mountain in Iceland that you saw is Búlandstindur near Djúpivogur in Iceland from the just right angle for you.

www.sanmarkotravel.com...

www.examiner.com...=4
Since we are talking about mountain shapes…
Here is some information about mountain shapes and that most of them are not pyramid shaped as most of us think.

today.uconn.edu...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingDepth

Great post, I do actually believe there are a lot of pyramid's and even some unidentified one's or conveniently ignored one's such as these.
www.foxnews.com...
And of course the Bosnian Pyramid which like these is still the subject of fierce debate with many believing it to be natural even when indication's of construction have been unearthed at the site.
My favorite though is definitely a mountain but a mountain whose natural pyramid like form has made it a sacred site in asia though weathering and erosion have probably made it look far less pyramid like than when if first became such a sacred site.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.messagetoeagle.com...
But then Tibet in particular is a place of many mysteries, the indian plate is still driving northward into the asian plate the Himalaya's are still rising which mean's the region is geologically active and over time rivers change course, glaciers and rock fall's also affect this, in general this change in the himalaya's (which is many country's not just the small mountain kingdom of Tibet which is now under permanent chinese occupation), one great river which was once greater and perhaps even more famous than the Oxus of Afghanistan or the Gangis of India was the ancient and once much larger than the Ganges river called the Sarasvati which once flowed through region's that are now desertified, it stopped flowing long ago probably because of a massive landslide in the Himalaya's but was once more sacred to the ancient hindu than the river Gange's is today, it still exists today but is merely a stream compared to what it once was and one that never reaches the sea.
But in Tibet maybe through this process of local regional change in water and weather over time there may be a mysterious anceint city which we in the west know very little about, there is not much on it but here is an interesting read.
www.spiegel.de...

But there may indeed be many more real and inidentified pyramid like structure's including real pyramid's from unknown culture's, we certainly do not know everything about the past and to think otherwise would show our own ignorance.
Take this Potential pyramid which may be as old as 20.000 years.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.timetravelturtle.com...
www.ancient-code.com...
Actually it remind's me of Cahokia but with stone's.

Then you even have claim's of pyramid's in Alaska such as this which seem's to be among's very suspicious looking formation's of potential ruin's, the last ice age may not have obliterated everything from the last interglacial period.
humansarefree.com...
www.sott.net...

Then of course there are many claim's that are litterally out of this world, for me though a lost civilization is more than sufficiant and alien's are most certainly not necessary, especially give the fact I actually believe the human race to have a much more extensive history than our current world view.
But as for the claim's about these pipe's being fossilized root's, well I simply do not buy that argument it is damn stupid, if they were root's then they would also be found in adjacent sites not just this pyramid like structure.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

And even known culture's such as the Thracians' conquered by Roma may have built pyramid's or perhap's this is older than they were.
archaeologyinbulgaria.com... a/

Some more interesting page's.
www.ancient-origins.net...
www.gigalresearch.com...
traveltips.usatoday.com...

And bearing in mind what I say about lost history it may also entail lost science and lost idea's, artifact's and even technology's, imagine a civilization that had become agrarian and returned to a natural way of living with little or no technology but which has once had it's own industrial revolution and world crisis including arms' race, something goes wrong and everything is destroyed but of course no one know's how to rebuilt it now, could such a hypothetical civilization have left anything at all that would interest our military today?.
Back to the dark pyramid, there is plenty about this on ATS including professional level debunking.
www.theilluminerdy.com...

And of course he is one that is both very cool and in line with this thread's main theme.
www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Had a brief look at your links, some are quite laughable, Dr Danny Hilman (Indonesia) is a nationalist crank
Linda Moulton Howe (Alaska) is a outer space crank
en.wikipedia.org...

Always consider the source...
Because if you don't, then you are constructing a past from lies from people that normally you wouldn't trust to baby sit your children...

I think I'm about on your level

originally posted by: LABTECH767
But as for the claim's about these pipe's being fossilized root's, well I simply do not buy that argument it is damn stupid, if they were root's then they would also be found in adjacent sites not just this pyramid like structure.

1. It isn't a pyramid type structure, there is a cave nearby, that's it
2. identical anomalies are found all over the region
Here is a better picture

looks like a geological feature to me, the colour is a bit of a clue, lol

edit on 5-6-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

Right, Just what do you actually know of geological process, metamorphic rock's and volcanic rock formation under water, it does not form pipe like structure's and your dismissal and miss use of other nearby features is literally laughable.

The image you are showing is not fossilised tree root's it is actually ancient magma upwelling's, Basaltic column's that solidified under water and is essentially identical to the famous location's such as the giant's causeway in northern Ireland and many other site's around the world, Hawaii I believe has some more recently formed one's and of course Nan Madol is a famous mysterious but definitely primitive city that was built out of them (the real mystery there is how many people it must have taken and how much agriculture it would have taken to sustain such city's if they were fully occupied as it mean's that the island in question must have suffered massive submergence relatively recently).

Back to the point in Question those features are Basaltic formation's and have nothing in common with the structures in the pyramid like hill, are they natural I do not know but what I can tell you is that you can not sell the fossilised tree root argument to me as I am a little more educated than that ridiculous suggestion posits as an explanation for there formation.

These are Basaltic column's in Washington, Look familiar?.
upload.wikimedia.org...
They are solid not hollow, natural hard column's of solidified magma (Basalt) which has upwelled under water and solidified in there natural hexagonal cross section shape.
You might find it interesting to know that heat plume's weather in a pan of water that is boiling, your porridge or even he earth's sub crustal magma plume's are actually usually hexagonal in form when seen in cross section using thermo-luminescant technique's.

Let's have another look shall we, More Basaltic column formation, it is actually extremely common is spectacular some time's.
4.bp.blogspot.com...

Now I see absolutely NO similarity to the pipe like formation's and think you may be suffering a case of pareidolia if you do see a similarity since there is absolutely non whatsoever.

Not Let us compare shall we.
A top down view of Basaltic rock formation's of the type you are suggesting are the same as the pipe like formation's.
m5.paperblog.com...
Now another look at the pipe like formation's.

Round not Hexagonal, Hollow if not perfect (So maybe natural but definitely not BASALT and NOT ROOT's).
www.theepochtimes.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

You know there come's a time when debunking forcefully and without validity is actually more like an act of faith then rationality and I am a religious guy so take it from me that you are starting to sound almost religious in your denial of some fact's.

I wish you peace but for goodness sake man, Common Sense.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Without more obvious signs of masonry I won't buy it.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You seem to be debunking the idea that these are tree roots
I agree, It is a geological feature,

Also, you're in the wrong thread

top topics

<<   2 >>

join