It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Respond To Reports Of Shooting At UCLA Engineering Building

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

nah i know no one gives a crap about a gun free zone or any of that, I'm very well aware how stupid those regulations are. It just blows my mind. Ya know, I get mad too. But I'd never kill someone else.... I'd just off myself ya know, what the hell is the point in taking out someone else..... I'll never understand and I don't think i could begin to try to.

-Alee

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Interesting, Milo Yiannopoulos held a live event at UCLA last night and the police had to be called in to keep it under control. Smart move.

edit on 1-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Entire city? That sounds disproportionate.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Just reported by CNN as well.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
comments from the youtube live stream link are all over the place ,any one got a count of number of gunmen?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Police Scanner

Talking about organizing search teams now

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Because you do not get famous by killing yourself only. That honor is reserved for the truly sick in our society. I truly believe that if the media only referred to them as "shooters" or "suspect" or some other nondescript term and not their name, it would reduce (not eliminate) this type of behavior.

But, that will never happen as long as the media is a profit seeking entity. All media.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
Thanks for the link. ATS is always the best place to get the up to date info

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
City wide tactical alert for this?

How many shootings have taken place in LA County in the last 30 days?

What's so special about this one?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Social media is blowing up with all kinds of reports. Hard to say what is accurate.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess

nah i know no one gives a crap about a gun free zone or any of that, I'm very well aware how stupid those regulations are. It just blows my mind. Ya know, I get mad too. But I'd never kill someone else.... I'd just off myself ya know, what the hell is the point in taking out someone else..... I'll never understand and I don't think i could begin to try to.

-Alee

I've always kind of thought that the whole gun-free zone laws are more about maximizing the punishment when a person is found to have a weapon on them. Seems like a good way to give a judge extra authority to increase penalties or time spent. Other than that, I do not see any need for them either,

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Just saw a cop walk by, head jerking around like he was trying to see every where at once and his finger ON the trigger of his weapon.
Really wouldn't want him behind me going in.

I'm wondering if this is some kind of love triangle. Boy gets girl, boy loses girl, boy shoots her and her next boyfriend. If the shooter wanted to cause damage just for damage sake, he would have shot everyone he saw.
edit on 1-6-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Also a bomb threat was called in after the Milo event at UCLA last night and police had to sweep the school with bomb-sniffing dogs. Is there a connection here?

Bomb Threat Ends Milo Yiannopoulos Event at UCLA
edit on 1-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Just confirmed - 2 FATALITIES

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

IMO, that shows very poor gun control and safety. One bump against that arm and someone could be dead.

SMH SMH SMH

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

For some strange reason, they haven't quite figured out the only folks who obey the law when it comes to gun free zones, are those of us who are law abiding citizens and mean no one harm. They still think it works like a force field for bad guys.
And they keep being proven wrong.

Freakin Amazing how that works , huh ?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Very very sad news. I weep for the families. I certainly hope they find the shooter responsible.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: theantediluvian

Don't forget the SSRI prescription.

Funny how it only creates shooters in the US...I wonder why

Because the quacks here love to feed people pills they don't need, man made nut bags. Ohh and we have guns, but hey you know it isn't like wackos don't make a game of stabbing and cutting random people in England at all do they?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I predict the shooter will be a foreign-born graduate student whose dissertation has been rejected, or who has suffered some other kind of academic failure.
edit on 1-6-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
OMG,,,,my sister just called hysterical ...her Son is an engineering student at UCLA, graduating next week.....he is safe and off campus, his GF is hiding in a dark room in another area of the school.....her Mother was calling my sister just now....so I had to get off the phone....will update as I hear from here.....Oh God....

edit on 1-6-2016 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join