It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So there is water on the moon?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

The narrator of that video is an idiot. It starts off looking at two large craters (Aristillus and Autolycus), before then going on to look at Hadley Rille and the Apennines. The shadows he says shouldn't be there are cast by large mountains - including Mons Hadley itself. He's seeing things that just aren't there and that anyone with a telescope can look at, or can see by looking at Indian, Chinese, Japanese and American imagery of the region.

As for the OP, it's important to read what is said, not imply things that aren't - water has been known for some time inside Apollo samples, and later probes have found evidence of it in permanently shadowed craters. What the article is speculating about is the source of that water and what has happened to it, given that it is likely that Earth's water came from the same source.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i pray to god those mental conspiracy theorists about the moon, atmosphere or close to it, or other sci fi mumbo jumbo, dont turn out to be right or even close to right.

lord knows i've mocked them, like a lot on here. hehehe.

-- now they need to know the definitive source.

-- i wonder what "else form of" is kinda out there on other bodies. oxygen on mars, or kinda oxygen?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
i pray to god those mental conspiracy theorists about the moon, atmosphere or close to it, or other sci fi mumbo jumbo, dont turn out to be right or even close to right.

-- i wonder what "else form of" is kinda out there on other bodies. oxygen on mars, or kinda oxygen?

But...there IS Oxygen on both the moon and on Mars...and Europa and probably just about everywhere.

Water IS made from the stuff mate.

You say you scoff at and mock those 'mental conspiracy theorists'...but the more we learn 'officially'..the more reality looks like it's mental, not those conspiracy theorists.

Would it surprise you to know one of my favourite 'mental' realities about our Solar System, is that the coldest place ever recorded by Humanity is on the closest planet to the Sun? Yep...Mercury, where the coldest temparatures ever recorded happen to be.

It's a crazy, mental Universe mate...our theorists have got absolutely nothing mental compared to the reality of it all.
edit on 1 6 2016 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: odzeandennz

Water was found on the Moon in very recent years.

We're not talking about standing ground water though; it's more like wringing out a dry sponge and feeling a slight amount of moisture in there. Irrc, we could scoop out a 1 metre cubed block of crater regolith and, under heat, it would evaporate a small amount of water hence the dry sponge analogy.

So they never performed any oven dry tests on samples to find any water content?

Seems pretty silly since we do it daily just for concrete plants.......

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

originally posted by: odzeandennz

But...there IS Oxygen on both the moon and on Mars...and Europa and probably just about everywhere.

Water IS made from the stuff mate.

You say you scoff at and mock those 'mental conspiracy theorists'...but the more we learn 'officially'..the more reality looks like it's mental, not those conspiracy theorists.

Would it surprise you to know one of my favourite 'mental' realities about our Solar System, is that the coldest place ever recorded by Humanity is on the closest planet to the Sun? Yep...Mercury, where the coldest temparatures ever recorded happen to be.

It's a crazy, mental Universe mate...our theorists have got absolutely nothing mental compared to the reality of it all.

Im very ill-informed on this subject, can you point me to some reference to this about the oxygen. i need some edification
edit on 1-6-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I don't have to when you think about it mate...and i'm sincerely not having a go at you...but water is confirmed. Water is made up from Hydrogen and Oxygen...if there's water, there IS Oxygen, because water is made of it.

See what i mean?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Water is found through the Solar System. It can exist as ice, or even be chemically bound up in the minerals.

It's been known in the last few years that the Moon was ice in the permanently shadowed craters at its poles. Same with Mercury.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Wait, are you ready for this one?!?

There is water on Mercury.

This really fried my head -- water on the Sun

solar-center.stanford.edu...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join