It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

back to lurking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I feel alienated. Over 40 ,It's weird I've everything I have a house , money and a loving wife. So that is not the problem. I already had an appointment with the shrink. He told me the ventilate my CT's talk with other people and most of all don't think so much.
Well ventilating didn't take long thanks to ATS. I already knew ATS from my 'alternative media' days. But well ATS has evolved and I did not. It's wierd but I don't understand the hostile attitude within many threads. I used to love reading about almost anything. But now , well..

I've traveled quite a lot in my live. This has thaught me one thing : Respect.
I've met people deep in the Congo that believe the Earth is flat but I've also met modern americans that believe the same. So I dont up by insulting them just because I believe the Earth is a sphere (I was never in space). However on ATS it's sometime just calling each other words and notting more. It isn't that I'm fragile or so but a discussing on that level will absolutely achieve notting.
Today the general consensus on internet means use the F word as clickbait , insult people and be rude be a badass. Well , I had my waterloo in a tread about ME theory. After that I decided to never ever again post something that is important to me. Trolls and Bots rule the net.

Now I know that internet has evolved like Sylar from heroes has evolved. Yes I know I promised posting my CT's but in hindsight I think an ats forum isn't a good place for them. So I ventilated a bit and for now I'm back to Lurking and less thinking.

Greetings

edit on 5312016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Grow a thicker skin, or you'll never make it anywhere you go.

+1 more 
posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Grow a thicker skin, or you'll never make it anywhere you go.

ha thanks ... But you don't know who you talking to. Did you read the post ? It isn't the insulting it's the getting nowhere. What do I achieve when the only kind of discussing is the tossing back and forth of insults. Well most of the people on ATS are americans I think they are pretty good in it(insulting) but it trolls down the discussion.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Yes, flat earth is the new slur to be used against anyone who denies something people would prefer to believer is "settled science." Husband got called a flat earther the other day when he has never participated in any flat earth thread and doesn't in fact think the earth is flat. Ergo, it has become the new n-word to be used against those you want to denigrate.

Hilarity in this household ensues when we both know he is a scientist himself and actually makes a living in science. But now he is apparently a "science denier" of some degree or other.
edit on 31-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Well hello and goodbye,

the world has moved on, either we adapt to it or we stand up to it,

it may be our generation's (X) fault for not following the example given to us by the one two generations ago...

Either way best of luck in your endeavors,

From a fellow House owner, Married man, Vet.

CoBaZ

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Need to make a big announcement?
How narcissistic.
Anyway, Toodles.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

You might want to lead your discussions with why you believe in such and such. The majority of people here have already seen many of the theories which are presented, so we are used to seeing similar theories posted over and over. We already know both sides of the discussion so if you want to tread water, you will have to make your threads full of your evidence for why you believe in such and such theory, otherwise, you will get heckled.

If you need to see a shrink because your theories are getting in the way of having a healthy productive life, then you should study science more and leave the theories to more experienced researchers.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

You might want to lead your discussions with why you believe in such and such. The majority of people here have already seen many of the theories which are presented, so we are used to seeing similar theories posted over and over. We already know both sides of the discussion so if you want to tread water, you will have to make your threads full of your evidence for why you believe in such and such theory, otherwise, you will get heckled.

If you need to see a shrink because your theories are getting in the way of having a healthy productive life, then you should study science more and leave the theories to more experienced researchers.

Well Good point ! I stated just the base of my believes in that post because I assumed that people more or less would start discussing them. Evidence is quite difficult because every evidence/proof can be denied.

Ha shrink... I've studied physics , and I'm a very scientific and logical guy / atheist. And occasionally believe in CT''s
But I got a big blow from the ME effect. Which is psychological? Anyway I have a healthly and productive life , I had just a bit weird month because I thought the world was actually changing silly me ?

Greetings

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ
it may be our generation's (X) fault for not following the example given to us by the one two generations ago...
CoBaZ

Ah... you're so right. I wish I had listened more to my father.
Standing up thinks me is the best think to do because this world (the west) goes downhill at warpspeed , I wont follow that path

Greetings

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

ah... now I understand. But hey ATS needs more Science and less Blah blah , hope husband keeps 'pouring' science into ATS

(post by imod02 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Well , I had my waterloo in a tread about ME theory. After that I decided to never ever again post something that is important to me. Trolls and Bots rule the net.

You didn't get enough punishment there so you're back for more?

Woe is me…

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Lol I know, haven't been on for a while only lurking myself as suddenly lost a brother mate in real life last week. ...I'd love his first world problems right now haha

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: intrptr

Lol I know, haven't been on for a while only lurking myself as suddenly lost a brother mate in real life last week. ...I'd love his first world problems right now haha

Its sad you are hurting, and even sadder the reasion why. You should remember each person hurts diffrently, so its hard to compair hurts or reasions. Take care and be well.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Ah I know. ...I wish the OP goodwill x

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
Over the years ATS has become a place for people of low IQ and Inferiority complexes, becouse of poor MODs who have very little or no training in how to be a MOD, ATS is now full of groups of people who stick togather to attack others. The good news is that there is still a strong core of high IQ kind people here but for how long I dont know. I belive the MODs have lost the trust of the good people and now surport the low IQ mob. ATS is going down the WC at a fast rate and soon will be a place for CHAVs( as the British say) to hang out attacking anyone with an IQ over 3. Ok thats my rant done
, but I do wish the owners would wake up to this and save ATS

You bring up a very good point that I have noticed as well. The groups you speak of can typically be seen in any threads involving trans, Muslim, Trump, and religion based threads. It's also obvious by looking at what posts gets stars. I have seen some extremely vile things get many stars because it fits the groups agenda.

I visit different sites and one of them I lurk is godlikeproductions. If you pay close attention, you will see that a lot of the senior members on that site are members on this one as well. It's very obvious by some of the terminology they use like "dindus". I think a lot of the bad aspects are stemming from these members.

Or maybe I'm wrong who knows. For the time being though, I still believe ATS is a good place for knowledge that just has a problem with a few knuckheads.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I know what you mean. I attribute the change to what usually happens on ATS (or social media in general) during an election year or primary season. Perhaps it's getting worse and the very vile and extreme attacks and attitudes are spreading outwards (and spreading in general throughout society).

It seems to have become very difficult to have a discussion on here without it turning into a sophomoric partisan pissing match that obscures the true, and oftentimes, larger issue.

Just choose your threads and your words carefully, try to prevent pathos from entering your responses and arguments, breathe, and learn when to leave a thread.

Solidarity.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

CT won't go anywhere.

the 'glory days' most folks remember is when the lunar and mars orbiter photo's were new and fresh.

Most of what CT is is nothing more than nerds like us talking about why we choose to wear tinfoil, then other nerds telling us how nerdy we are.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

I know what you mean. I attribute the change to what usually happens on ATS (or social media in general) during an election year or primary season. Perhaps it's getting worse and the very vile and extreme attacks and attitudes are spreading outwards (and spreading in general throughout society).

It seems to have become very difficult to have a discussion on here without it turning into a sophomoric partisan pissing match that obscures the true, and oftentimes, larger issue.

Just choose your threads and your words carefully, try to prevent pathos from entering your responses and arguments, breathe, and learn when to leave a thread.

Solidarity.

Agreed.

I see a general increase negative attitude everywhere.

Too much uncertainty and division coming from bad leadership and bad media.

It is spreading like the plague.

People are stretched out and can't see the previously identifiable path to success.

It is also obvious there is an attempt to create divisions, labels, misdirection going on.

I think this needs called out before it implodes like it feels it is being designed to.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7
At least in Europe what is happing with the people and the darkness that seem to be covering us is not something that was planed. For too long TPTB have not paid attation to the people and now everything is coming unwrapped, TPTB are living in fear like the rest of us

top topics

<<   2 >>

join