It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

islam, because i am sick of the lies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I agree you on this point 100%

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Nyeff

The world would be a better place if the didn't take there religion so seriously

I personly think that the world would have become better place if the major religions of the world could actaully follow thier one values.
In my religion we are taugh to love and respect every religion, every race, every gender and an equal...but do we?...our culture's have left a prick in the sides of these religions. People are starting to confuse culture with religion.
Deep

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Deep

Your religion is Indouism ? or Boudhism ?

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Nope...its sikhism
allaboutsikhs.com...
this is a good link, if you want to know more about it.
we follow the ways of our Gurus, thiers a link on that page that goes to all our Gurus.
Our religion is very young, only 300 years old.
Its deprived from all of the major religions of the world.
Deep

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Ok thanks for the link
I had never heard about this religion.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Yeah, im not sure thier are many sikhs in Quebec.
But you know one now.lol
Deep

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The Crusades. Yeah, the Crusades. Many are shouting them, but without these Crusades we were all screwed.
The Crusades saved Europe from a " muslimisation ". Don't forget that they already had a foot in Europe ( via Greece, Spain , Romania, Austria and some others Europeans Nations ). We won and I'm very happy that we won.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This post was racially inspired.

Everything in this post is so wrong, and I mean everything.

I hate when people mention all the bad things in Islam, the killing of unbelievers for example, without mentioning how Moses ordered the death of unbelievers also. If your going to talk about death to the unbelievers, be fair and talk about Judaism also, coward.

Allah being the moon god. I haven't heard anything more stupid. Allah has always been the name of the God of Abraham. If you look in the Hebrew Bible it'll even mention the name Allah as The Name, only under Ilah. alhumduilah.

It was pagan arabs that hijacked Allah and therefore associated partners with Him, for example the three goddesses. Allah was ALWAYS the God of Abraham. Why do you think Muhammad's goal was to conquer Mecca? Because the Ka'aba was filled with pagan idols. When Muhammad conquered Mecca he destroyed them and proclaimed Allah to be the God of Abraham like He always has been.

As for why the crescent moon being the symbol for Islam, so what? Look at the Christian symbol, that's all from Ancient Egypt.

Muhammad never proclaimed himself to be a prophet. Allah proclaimed it. If you know anything about Muhammad you'll know when Muhammad first received the revelations he was scared out of his mind, he didnt even want to preach to the arabs unil Allah told him so.

UP, can your history be any slurred than it already is? You have no clue about the Crusades or the Islamic conquests of Europe. If it wasnt for the Islamic conquests you Christians will be bathing only once a year like dirty pigs.

[Edited on 6-18-2003 by Illmatic67]

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If such were Our Will, We would send down to them
from the sky a Sign, to which they would bend their necks in humility.
But there doesnt come to them a newly-revealed Message from Allah Most Gracious, but they turn away
therefrom.
They have indeed rejected the Message; so they will
know soon enough the truth of what they mocked at!

Surah 26: 4-6

[Edited on 6-18-2003 by Illmatic67]

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
if you were to cite the Bible directly...you'll see that it kind of demands the same thing of us...that we purge the planet of non-believers. Only the softer, fuzzier newer versions of the Bible don't preach it.

Personally, I know more than a few muslims, and they have no such hatred, and enjoy their freedoms here. The "death to America" muslims are not the majority, as the press would have you believe. Don't depend on writings, or the news...make an effort to get to know a muslim, and then see if you feel the same way.

What version of the New Testament dictates we convert'em or kill'em?

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Fact of the matter is wherever the Islamic world is, there is violence and war. There's nothing worse than being a neighbor of an Islamic state, save that of being a non-Muslim in an Islamic state, or the most horrid, being a Christian convert from Islam in an Islamic state.

Still, I have a problem quoting from another religion's book like that. I don't think one can grasp the meaning in a few short verses.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Fact of the matter is wherever the Islamic world is, there is violence and war. There's nothing worse than being a neighbor of an Islamic state, save that of being a non-Muslim in an Islamic state, or the most horrid, being a Christian convert from Islam in an Islamic state

Where exactly are you getting your facts from?.....
Thier violence and war in every state, every religion.
And i agree with gaz, you should get to know a muslim before you sit on your fat asses and believe what the news would want you of Muslims. Actually sit down and understand thier culture and stand point. I feel sorry for anyone who thinks that chrisianty is better than Islam, im not islamic or christian either. It just shows how poorly educated that person is.
Deep

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Fact of the matter is wherever the Islamic world is, there is violence and war.

Fact of the matter is wherever the Christian world is, there is violence and war.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
You wanna see christian wars
www.white-history.com...
Once i find a good link to a history of all islamic wars, I'll post that up too, just to be fair, just to show that both sides have a bloody side to them.
Deep

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Wherever there is religion there is violence.It is on of the things I can't stand about organized religion.It goes with every religion,Islamic,Christian,Jew,they all think they are right,and will kill others that think different.Instead of just letting someone believe what they want.
At present time it is the Muslims that decided to wage war on Jews and Christians,or anybody else that is not like them.
There is no excuse for flying planes into the twin towers,beheading Daniel Pearl,strapping bombs to themselves to kill innocent people that just want to live there lives.TC is right.The last place I would want to be is near an Islamic state.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Deut 20
16 But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:
17 But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee:

This is Jehovah telling you to kill women and children of particular tribes. At least Islam states that "Whomever believes in the Final Days, and Does Good, shall receive their reward from their God". Most other religions teach that you have to believe in this or that to be saved. There is Good and Bad in many things - or perhaps we only see this. Just as there are Islamic Extremist, there also are the "Christian" Knights of the Klu Klux Klan.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Ankh, you have not a clue about Christianity, obviously. The Christian is taught how to behave with the rest of the world in the New Testament. We aren't here to kill anyone for not accepting, we are to spread the Word and set an example.

Where do I get my information from, as far as Islam being the most dangerous place to live next? This place we call eart, where else? Whether you sre looking at the Phillipines (guerrillas), Saudi Arabia (go ahead, convert to Christianity there and watch your family die by the literal sword), Sudan (slavery, rape, torture and death for those who are not Muslim), Indonesia; don't play stupid, and don't throw up the Crusades or modern day countries that are not Islamic, Hindu or Buddhist states so therefore you call them Christian. The same bunch of two faced people who demand this is not a Chistian nation will turn around and blame whatever the U.S. does on it being a Christian nation.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
By the way, Zero Deep, read that article yourself. I read it, and not only was it obviously written by someone with an axe to grind (go figure, a Christian-basher!), and check out the most recent date.

I mention the here and now and someone wants to bring up the way back then, and as usual, muddies Catholicism (a pseudo government in its own right with humans running the show while keeping the knowledge from its followers) with "christianity".

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Yeah, but Christianity is the all truthful, all loving, non-murdering, super religion, right? Give me a break...

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I don't think anyone's claiming to have the 'perfect' religion.....are we?...anyone?

Religion......makes one wonder if this world be a better place withOUT it.

You read the postings here and wonder why many are turning away from 'religion'? Why many talk down about it? Hell, you read from this topic and wonder why there is war? etc.....blah..blah...

Carry on oh 'faithful ones', we may yet have another Islam verses Christianity yet!

regards
seekerof

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join