It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Def Leppard 1980's

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
Back from the store. Cheers!

[code for chinese rice turn into meal worms emoji here]

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Those combinations remind me of a japanese futuristic artist i used to have a book of, amazing work. It's time consuming i'm sure but the greatest thing any artist can wish for, is all the time in the world.

maybe i can find his work, it's been a long time, will try and remember his name.

edit on 5/29/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Those combinations remind me of a japanese futuristic artist i used to have a book of, amazing work. It's time consuming i'm sure but the greatest thing any artist can wish for, is all the time in the world.

maybe i can find his work, it's been a long time, will try and remember his name.

I am not an artist.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I think you are.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Well thank you then. I have other thoughts on the issue, right now I think I am more of a student, I have not exactly exercised to my abilities and potential the things I believe I can do. I am still just understanding shapes and color, I am still a student and can only aspire that one day something I do make will do something to them internally that sets them on the same path i went, an artist moves people, a student learns about itself and the world around them, right now I am learning about shapes and color =D I have not done anything worthwhile yet.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Shoot. Can't remember the name of the song but it started with some foreign tongue that sounded like Kermit the frog

"Unta gleebin glouban globan"

Friggen LOVED that song!!!

That'll be the Offspring:

Little bit later, them. That was the music that I'd get all my toddlers jumping around and dancing to.

Do miss the big hair days though! Went to see Rock of Ages in Vegas a couple years ago, it was such a blast!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

There are no rules to being artistically creative, none at all. Just let the brush lead you, and everything will find it's place. Such is the beauty of all art.
edit on 5/29/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

There are no rules to being artistically creative, none at all. Just let the brush lead you, and everything will find it's place. Such is the beauty of all art.

If anyone can be one then I am not sure I want to be part of this sort of club. Like I was saying I am a student Ill let others call me names and evaluate =D kind of like how I do to def leppard turn about is still fair.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

Shoot. Can't remember the name of the song but it started with some foreign tongue that sounded like Kermit the frog

That'll be the Offspring:

Little bit later, them. That was the music that I'd get all my toddlers jumping around and dancing to.

Do miss the big hair days though! Went to see Rock of Ages in Vegas a couple years ago, it was such a blast!

Rock of Ages (Def Leppard song) From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...
"Rock of Ages" is a song by Def Leppard from their 1983 album Pyromania. It takes its name from the hymn "Rock of Ages".
It begins with a German-like nonsense phrase, "Gunter glieben glauchen globen". According to the official Def Leppard FAQ,

These four words that you hear at the start of "Rock of Ages", mean nothing, though the band sometimes jokingly claims it means "running through the forest silently". It's actually just German sounding gibberish, said by producer Mutt Lange during one of the later takes of the song.

This phrase was later sampled in "Pretty Fly (for a White Guy)" by the Offspring as well

As the song's melody begins, Elliott speaks the lines, "All right/I've got something to say/It's better to burn out/Than to fade away"; the second two lines are a reference to Neil Young's song "My My, Hey Hey (Out of the Blue)". Def Leppard's four-line version was quoted in the 1986 movie Highlander by the film's villain, the Kurgan.

Wikipedia
Rock of Ages (Def Leppard song)

One of my favorite lines in all of music "It's better to burn out/Than to fade away"

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jappee

I thought that line was from Kurt Cobains supposed suicide letter? I know it was in one song of his but it is also in "the letter" and I also think he was murdered.

For the time I thought Nirvana and NIN where so different but also so unique I still love Trent Reznor I wish I could have a conversation with the guy.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Yes, unfortunately. That phrase was within Cobain's suicide note.(I'm a believer it was NOT suicide BTW)..
He* may have gotten it from either; Def Leppard, Neil Young, or the movie Highlander. All preceded his death.
His use of it appears latter in the chronology I posted above from wikipedia, and chose not to include it....I was trying to avoid a bad taste in my mouth by mentioning it.. Cobain was inspirational to a huge following, myself included. Shame..he was still rising...
edit on 5/29/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

*or whomever wrote the note..

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Yeah man, it is very suspect. the quote though i associate most with the suicide letter though for what ever reason and no marks against you for putting it out there or anything. Ironic you think he was murdered too. The guy from brainscratch on youtube did a really good sleuthing piece on him, I am surprised he is not a predominant ATS member his work on missing people cases, strange crimes, and conspiracy is really good. He kind of reminds me of a dude that used to have a series called "debunk this"

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Okay thanks for that! Did not know that.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

since Nine Inch Nails has been brought up...Have you heard Johnny Cash's album "American IV: The Man Comes Around"? All cover songs from other bands..impressive stuff, great bands covered. U2's "One", Soundgarden's "Rusty Cage"..And one song is NIN's "Hurt" ..

I'm lost to pick the better version...

If you mention Trent and NIN..I love them, yes unique(ish)... Surely you are aware of Ministry?

And...KMFDM? a bit more industrial but every bit as worthy.

now I'm guilty of steering off topic

ETA I have this embedding videos thing locked now...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Edit: Rock of ages!!!!!

www.youtube.com...

???

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Yeah man, it is very suspect.

Two words...Courtney Love

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

You don't want to know what I really think in regards to the whole scheme of high money high society people, I will say that those with more are also more crazy then those with less. Those with less are still trying to get out of financial struggles those that have money do not have those issues and have a whole new set of issues. And yeah she probably did have a hand in the murder of Cobain.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

We may likely have a quite similar view in things it seems. Though we are individuals and yet alike in perspective.
edit on 5/29/2016 by jappee because: a

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
LOVING Perturbator right now...new to me. THANKS!
I have a band suggestion for you in a similar strain. Strictly instrumental music, though a bit more technical...
But I think you will enjoy them...Ozric Tentacles.
Great music to get lost into. Sort of spiritual in nature..

Their latest album

they have stuff ranging back to the '80's
ENJOY!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22
I think that was reelin, ridin , rockin , rollin .ALl right now , got somethin to say.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join