It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are people trying to prove with Mandela effect ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE + other sceptics

Honestly coming from a person who doesn't see a difference here (from what I think is also USA only somehow)

I can't deny seeing a bunch of people claiming the same thing (even if it is just 20 or so people on ATS) I also wouldn't know how to prove that some time line reality change didn't happen

my honest unbiased (I don't really care for berenstain Bears and never seen star track) thoughts so far

I believe even them believing this so intensely is causing some massive time shift

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What is it called when you see something before.. Oh yes.. De ja vu... That's it.. I have had it loads with this subject..
And I'm beginning to wish it would stop now... Please stop with the mandela threads!!!!!!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Omg lol
that's hilarious thank you

Jesus that's too good

Yep that explains it all - priceless

edit on 28-5-2016 by Identities because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identities
a reply to: In4ormant + Night Star

So for you what does it prove (upfront thank you)

It's so unclear
I can't even tell if you believe it or not

I want to know, can you rewrite it for me please

People have terrible memories. They just can't accept it as an error and say "oh, I thought it was X all this time"

The internet has allowed these people to congregate and feed their delusion.

*what did you eat for lunch 6 Tuesdays ago?*
edit on 28-5-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

From what I understand you believe it I genuinely want to know what you think is happening and what experience you had

I found this for you for now (sounds like the right muppet) I hope you come back

These days, after we did the viral stuff,
I get the impression that Beaker is a guy who goes home at night,
you know he’s pretty intelligent, he’s a smart guy,
he works in a lab, and he probably doesn’t have much of a social life.
He’s pretty introverted because he really can’t talk,
so his only means of communication is the internet.
I love the idea that he spends all of his time in front of a computer,
which is perfect for the YouTube stuff.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Thank you for clarifying that for me

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Identities

Yessir

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
the mandela effect will cause a butterfly effect

In chaos theory, the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions in which a small change in one state of a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences in a later state.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
the mandela effect will cause a butterfly effect

In chaos theory, the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions in which a small change in one state of a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences in a later state.

I like that reply a lot (my favourite theory that and prisoner’s game) thank you for chiming in

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The only thing that i am 100 % sure about when discussing the Mandela effect is the preacher Billy Grahame , i can remember watching it on the news in the very early 80s .

Yet he is still alive ? then why do so many remember his funeral

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

From what I understand you believe it I genuinely want to know what you think is happening and what experience you had

I would love to explain my thoughts to you, but as in all these threads lately, people will insist that we're delusional or we can't admit when we're wrong or whatever. I will not subject myself to insults and ridicule. Many others have stopped posting in these types of threads for the same reason.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You know I really want to know what you have to say. All I can do is promise you that I am sincere and I love the fact that you've stepped up given the amounts of threads I am so surprised - well not really - you are the only one saying anything

All we can do together is ignore and deflect those post I wouldnt acknowledge them you don't have to either. People should feel free to say what they believe in and it should be accepted as that. I can't silence people but I would love to say that I wouldn't let that happen in this thread

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
The only thing that i am 100 % sure about when discussing the Mandela effect is the preacher Billy Grahame , i can remember watching it on the news in the very early 80s .

Yet he is still alive ? then why do so many remember his funeral

Well that was interesting I am so exhausted on reading up on it but I will come back to this one

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Here is one thread, there are various threads on the topic. This one is up to 141 pages. There are different theories. There is a lot of arguing back and forth. I don't know how much you'd want to read in there, or perhaps you might want to use the search engine for other threads on the Mandela Effect for information.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for me personally...I don't feel like anything has changed in my life but evidently some things have. Why? I honestly don't know. As a child listening to the same childhood fairy tales, over and over and over again, in the story of Snow White, it was always mirror, mirror on the wall and now it's magic mirror.

The childhood program Mr. Rogers when he sang 'it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood', now it's THIS neighborhood.

The childhood books and shows on The Berenstein Bears is now Berenstain. I clearly remember Berenstein because we all wondered if it should be pronounced steen or stine, stain is easy to pronounce so why would we need to ask? Kids being kids would have made fun of the stain part, we never did because to us it was stein.

The depends undergarment is now depend. Like what the...???

There are many more and some I'm not sure of and some I remember as everyone else does without the Mandela Effect. So that's what I can tell you. I appreciate that you are at least open minded and certainly respectful. Thank you for that!
edit on 29-5-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Thank you for writing that
I went through them and between the arguing like for example the poster above the whole time I thought they are saying they believe it and I read so many of their posts I don't understand it because people don't talk in easy language amongst themselves even in here I had trouble (those threads are full on)

After reading your post and the funeral thing above it's sounds like media purposely messing with people's heads it sounds like a propaganda the funeral story above it makes sort of sense why they did it (I read and listen 2hours about it but there was some interesting stuff surrounding that I will write it a bit later) all up it seems like "someone" would want people in a confused state of mind for what reason all up I am not sure but there is nothing worse then putting people in a frame of mind where you can't even trust your own mind (for influence or whatever)

If you don't mind me saying I don't have a feeling you are from USA for some reason

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

LOL! Where did you think I was from? Actually I am in the US, the smallest State.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

LOL! Where did you think I was from? Actually I am in the US, the smallest State.

Ah I see.. You're obviously English speaking but I really couldn't tell you what it is. Berenstein is Lithuanian surname (German/Hebrew/Jewish origins) I don't know.. can I say it suits you saying Berenstein
I can (somehow) picture you little hidden in a pile of traditional (a bit dusty) hand sewn cloth covered books

Original

Thank you for the thread link I did not go through that particular one it's much easier to read but still heated I am on page 16(at least it has all different examples)

edit on 29-5-2016 by Identities because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
"What are people trying to prove with the Mandela Effect?"

That they're "special" because unlike MOST people, they somehow remained unchanged after the timeline was supposedly changed.

It's a narcissistic, egotistical cry for attention.

It's an offshoot of the "special snowflake" syndrome.
edit on 29-5-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

That conspiracy theorists will believe anything. There will be another Mandela effect in about 5-10 years where not a single person remembers the Mandela effect...but it was there DUN DUN DUN!!!

Aah... dude you know this site is or was a conspiracy theory based web site dont you.
like, thats what we used to do here, someone would bring something to the table and we would
pick it apart.
never should have sold out

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
"What are people trying to prove with the Mandela Effect?"

That they're "special" because unlike MOST people, they somehow remained unchanged after the timeline was supposedly changed.

It's a narcissistic, egotistical cry for attention.

It's an offshoot of the "special snowflake" syndrome.

the problem with this statement is if it were a small amount of people then you could probably stick with this kind of shaming narative to get them to be silient. but the reality is there is quite a profound number of people that remember things differently to others, are you going to belittle and degrade all of them.
So what we are left with is whats known as a phenomenon and as so many individuals are experiencing it deserves to be researched.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join