It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are people trying to prove with Mandela effect ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Sorry but it is not existent in my language.

I have no idea what's going on I flipped through 3000 posts and I am clueless.

So far I have people remembering different spelling (to me it looks all the same).

I get the people saying its a false memory or they gave valid reasons of how this could have occurred.

But I don't get the people trying to prove the effect.

I really can't work through it on my own. What is it meant to prove ?

Looking at English language I can see how it changed but obviously people think there is more to it.

Much appreciated if anyone can explain it to me. I think I get most of the sceptics

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Identities

They're trying to prove that their memories are infallible palaces of knowledge; and that they never make tiny mistakes, which no one cares about, but they still need to be right.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I call everyone I meet, Barry.

Yes, I suffer from the Manilow effect.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

That conspiracy theorists will believe anything. There will be another Mandela effect in about 5-10 years where not a single person remembers the Mandela effect...but it was there DUN DUN DUN!!!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

www.buzzfeed.com...

The Mandela Effect is a theory put forth by writer and “paranormal consultant” Fiona Broome that shared false memories are in fact glimpses into parallel worlds with different timelines.

Broome says that the origin of her theory came out of a discussion about whether or not Nelson Mandela died in prison.

So, some people in 2005 were having a discussion and some of them remembered Mandela dying in prison and the others remember his release from prison, alive and well.

It's really just the fact that people's memories aren't always 100% accurate. For example, my husband distinctly remembers Darth Vader's line, "No, I am your father", but the Mandela Effect "believers" insist that the line was, "Luke, I am your father" and that the timeline has obviously shifted... What they mean to prove is basically that the world is not as it appears and that some of us are sliding through different realities as we go along in time... It's a fairly clumsy conspiracy theory, that's not at all strong, but people WANT to believe.

Hope that helps.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Why is it called the Mandela effect? Nvm just saw the post above me...
Damnit i also want a hype with my name

edit on pm550000005pmk1 by Annunak1 because: the mandela effect caught me

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Lol how long was I writing that
thank you all I will read it now

a reply to: Atsbhct

Thank you I saw 3 examples

One with fruit loops vs froot loops (someone explained they were not alowed to use fruit legally as the product contained no fruit - made sense)

One with sex in the city all my tapes say sex and the city

One with Tom Hanks life is vs was like a box of chocolate (I remember is, translation is " is " as well)

The star wars think in my langauge you write it differently when you use descriptive language and when your character actually speaks (you know when you use the " " things it makes a difference )

I am reading it's evidence of parallel universe I don't see a problem with it is just the in between (you know step 1: Mandela effect, step 2 : ?, step 3 : parallel universe)

Thank you for writing

edit on 28-5-2016 by Identities because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

They're trying to prove that their memories are infallible palaces of knowledge; and that they never make tiny mistakes, which no one cares about, but they still need to be right.

"Infallible palaces of knowledge"

That one got me

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identities
I really can't work through it on my own. What is it meant to prove ?

If you could prove the Mandela Effect it would mean that our reality or the reality of our past is changing/changeable by whatever unknown force. Sounds like a new religion doesn't it?

I love the idea of our universe just being a computer simulation, where every thought and every possibility is being calculated by a powerful super computer. This thought alone gives me joy, I don't need no clarity because clarity concerning all answers is an unreachable thing.

Although above mentioned idea is a favorite of mine, it is not what I believe.

I also believe that all the answers are right in front of us but a cruel voice inside all our heads (the ego) is telling us, it's not enough, we want more, more and more...
edit on 28-5-2016 by Danowski because: typo

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Really? Though I haven't experienced many of the effects, I have experienced some. I make mistakes and have a sucky memory sometimes and do not need to be right.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Really? Though I haven't experienced many of the effects, I have experienced some. I make mistakes and have a sucky memory sometimes and do not need to be right.

You said "effects". It isn't real. It doesn't effect you.
You mean to say that you found your recollection on something proven wrong.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
We even have a member who swears that human skeletal anatomy and the placement of the heart has changed and hers/his is different than ours. Although no x rays or any other evidence has been offered and I don't think it ever will. Just because you can better feel your heart beat on the left side of your chest, does not mean that's where your heart actually is. I think many base it on incorrect, oversimplified TV commercials for antacids or pain remedies.
I honestly think it's just incorrect memory and may be that some just have to find a way to be special. Even if they have to delude themselves to do it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

I just said that because they call it the mandela effect. I don't care what it's called really. I also don't have any explanation as to why so many people clearly remember things differently. There are many that I haven't experienced and some I am not sure about, but it's the ones that I clearly remember that kind of blows my mind.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Their trying to prove that we went down an alternate time line man. Where have you been? I mean, you didn't notice? Were YOU WASTED?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Sorry I am way behind here
thank you so much I am catching up

Thank you at least I know why it is Mandela now (I could swear it was Mandella lol) so did he die in prison ?

I accidentally clicked on his quotes

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

It always seems impossible until it's done.

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.

If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.

I do have to say I would believe if people would say it's some parallel universe phenomen (you can't disprove that) or absolutely no way

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Sh$t man! The Dude missed it! Friggin time line change, happens once....in every ......... couple hundred billion years?

Thats suck man! Sorry Dude. You missed some really awesome sh$t

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Danowski

Wait

our reality or the reality of our past is changing/changeable by whatever unknown force. Sounds like a new religion doesn't it?

I love the idea of our universe just being a computer simulation, where every thought and every possibility is being calculated by a powerful super computer. This thought alone gives me joy, I don't need no clarity because clarity concerning all answers is an unreachable thing.

That doesn't sound like religion but a valid theory

Although above mentioned idea is a favorite of mine,

it is not what I believe.

If by idea you mean what you just wrote.. Then.. That doesn't sound like you don't believe it, but don't have enough faith in yourself to believe in it (personally I dig that but I would replace the computer with your own mind out loud I don't believe it but think it)

I also believe that all the answers are right in front of us but a cruel voice inside all our heads (the ego) is telling us, it's not enough, we want more, more and more...

Meaning? (it sounds intriguing) Also I didn't get your point of view on the Mandella (lol even my spellcheck says double ll) effect from that (if you answer upfront much appreciated)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant + Night Star

So for you what does it prove (upfront thank you)

It's so unclear
I can't even tell if you believe it or not

I want to know, can you rewrite it for me please

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'm not sure exactly, but I think this:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I read about the organ shifting

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join