It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First deposition in email scandal reveals Clinton’s computer illiteracy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

As late as 2011, State Department officials were still trying to get Clinton to use a government-issued blackberry. But Huma Abedin, Clinton’s deputy chief of staff, shot it down, saying in an August 30, 2011 email “let’s discuss the State Blackberry, [it] doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.” Read more: dailycaller.com...

Yes people a STATE issue BB doesn't make a whole lot of 'sense' !!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWZers!.

Your next Potus people.

Don't forget now she represents the smartest, most technological 'savvy' party in the country!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Aazadan

Sorry there.

Password managers have been around as long as email accounts.

Not secure ones on mobile devices.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It doesn't make a lot of sense because of the emphasis placed on using the State Department issued Blackberrys being fully subject to FOIA and not be able to have selective portions of correspondence made through such a device deletable.

You gotta learn to read what they're not saying, the conniving rats.
edit on 29-5-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: neo96

It doesn't make a lot of sense because of the emphasis placed on using the State Department issued Blackberrys being fully subject to FOIA and not be able to have selective portions of correspondence made through such a device deletable.

You gotta learn to read what they're not saying, the conniving rats.

I don't disagree that there were ulterior motives at play here.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

But in one email exchange between Clinton and staffer Jake Sullivan from June 17, 2011, the then-secretary advised her aide on sending a set of talking points by email when he had trouble sending them through secure means.

Part of the exchange is redacted, so the context of the emails is unknown, but at one point, Sullivan tells Clinton that aides "say they've had issues sending secure fax. They're working on it."

Clinton responds, "If they can't, turn into nonpaper w no identifying heading and send nonsecure."

www.cbsnews.com...

Also, from what I've read, Clinton most assuredly was emailing Chelsea from 1997 on....via a computer. She didn't get a blackberry until 2006. Which would mean she had YEARS of computer emailing. The other thing about excusing her because of having so many passwords to enter because she had so many accounts, a person can have the same password for EVERY account they have. So, that is a non-excuse.

There is no valid excuse for her behavior. She was warned point blank about the blackberry which was BANNED in her office (Mahogany Row). She was DENIED by the NSA to receive an authorized secure blackberry. She simply chose to continue going around SOP's that everyone else was adhering to. She blatantly disregarded and poo-pooed warnings about her unsecure blackberry. How dense can a person be? And people want this woman as POTUS??????

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
She knew a lot in the 90s I think....

Clinton has been burying emails since she was First Lady

While the State Department’s own internal probe found former Secretary Hillary Clinton violated federal recordkeeping laws, it’s not the first time she and her top aides shielded her e-mail from public disclosure while serving in a government position.

As first lady, Hillary was embroiled in another scheme to bury sensitive White House e-mails, known internally as “Project X.”

In 1999, as investigators looked into Whitewater, Travelgate, Filegate and other scandals involving the then-first lady, it was discovered that more than 1 million subpoenaed e-mails were mysteriously “lost” due to a “glitch” in a West Wing computer server.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Exactly.

She's just playing dumb and trying Bill's word games.

She may skate on some of the civil violations she committed, but I hope the DoJ hits her with all the criminal mischief the FBI has been digging in to.

One can hope, right?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Yeah, I bet she doesn't know how to play World of Warcraft either, or any of the other video games.
Maybe the millennials should make that a criteria for President.

How is comparing recreational video games and basic professional e-mail procedure like comparing apples to apples?

ETA: jaded makes a good point. SoS is the fourth in line to become President in the succession. What standards SHOULD we apply? What level of competency SHOULD we expect?

indeed.

edit on 5/29/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/29/2016 by atomish because: Typos, clarification and the down thumb!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBrouxThe other thing about excusing her because of having so many passwords to enter because she had so many accounts, a person can have the same password for EVERY account they have. So, that is a non-excuse.

No they can't. The policy in many businesses as well as government is that you can't reuse passwords. Often times password reuse isn't even possible because the passwords will all follow different rules.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I would bet the majority of systems don't track and force different passwords across all accounts on the system. It may prevent reuse on the same account.

Refusing a password for an account (not on change) might indicate it is a password in use on another account. That might be useful.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Often times password reuse isn't even possible because the passwords will all follow different rules.

New pass more complex, change other ones to match. I admit there may be some where a max and min length difference might cause a problem.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I would bet the majority of systems don't track and force different passwords across all accounts on the system. It may prevent reuse on the same account.

Refusing a password for an account (not on change) might indicate it is a password in use on another account. That might be useful.

They don't track it but it's against policy, not doing so would be against the rules.... which is the whole point of this thread, that Hillary doesn't follow the rules.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: StoutBrouxThe other thing about excusing her because of having so many passwords to enter because she had so many accounts, a person can have the same password for EVERY account they have. So, that is a non-excuse.

No they can't. The policy in many businesses as well as government is that you can't reuse passwords. Often times password reuse isn't even possible because the passwords will all follow different rules.

Each account is it's own identity. If I have 10 email accounts, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] etc, the PASSWORD on all my accounts can be identical. Do you honestly think that actual passwords aren't duplicated throughout the world? Now, joeblow1 might have to change a password and it can't be the same as it previously was, but I could have 100 email accounts, all with the same password. In fact, whenever I join sites so I can read the site or post comments, I use the same password for everyone of them. That way, I don't have to remember which password for each site. I have several email accounts that have the identical password.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBrouxDo you honestly think that actual passwords aren't duplicated throughout the world?

No, passwords are duplicated all the time, password reuse is quite a big security issue though and in the case of something like SoS I would expect them to tell people to not do that, even large corporations do that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join