It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First deposition in email scandal reveals Clinton’s computer illiteracy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

A transcript of the first deposition in the Hillary Clinton email scandal has revealed that the Democratic Presidential hopeful did not know how to use email on a computer, nor did she use a password.

Clearly you did not read the op.

And ALL she had to do like everyone else had to do was enter her email address.

Her password.

Then click on log in.

Real difficult.

link   
To lazy to type in a password is more like it. Or maybe the desire to allow others to easily access her system.

Password control is not difficult to use - a text entry box, labeled password, that a person then types in the text of the password.

Inability to use do that implies serious mental issues.

It's just a cop out reason to not use a certain type of equipment. This also seems to imply no password on her phone.

link   
a reply to: draoicht

That is not the same assertion or information you posted in your first response to me. Now you are moving the goalposts.
edit on 28-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

A transcript of the first deposition in the Hillary Clinton email scandal has revealed that the Democratic Presidential hopeful did not know how to use email on a computer, nor did she use a password.

Clearly you did not read the op.

And ALL she had to do like everyone else had to do was enter her email address.

Her password.

Then click on log in.

Real difficult.

You said she did not know how to use email...period. You did not say she did not know how to use email on a computer.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I'm not clear on where I went wrong.

I respect your persistent advocacy of the truth.

Perhaps you can explain?

I truly hope you are not pursuing a personal attack. The Clinton Foundation and the difficulties they have had in reporting their donors consistently and truthfully are a matter of public record.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: draoicht

I'm not clear on where I went wrong.

I respect your persistent advocacy of the truth.

Perhaps you can explain?

I truly hope you are not pursuing a personal attack. The Clinton Foundation and the difficulties they have had in reporting their donors consistently and truthfully are a matter of public record.

That could be true. I tend to wait for convictions before I call someone treasonous. It's sort of a basic principle that this country was founded on, innocent until proven guilty, and I like to stick to it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Vector99

distinguish from using email on a device and on a computer?

The deposition does kinda say she didn't know how to use her computer and it wasn't even password protected.

Yes, but Neo is not making the same distinction between using email in general and using a computer to access that email.

Considering she didn't even bother to at least password protect her desktop from being accessed, I wouldn't give her a whole lot of credit.

Every email she knew how to send would also be right there on her unprotected computer. Anyone could have just moved the mouse, and clicked the icon for emails.

This is of course assuming her work computer and work phone used the same email, which it should have, especially considering she was secretary of state.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Thank you.

The criminal standard of proof is far more rigorous than the civil standard.

Elections are not Trials.

Best wishes to you.....

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hillary Rodham Clinton, First Lady: First Lady (Updated Edition) - Suzanne Levert page 43

Later that year, Chelsea graduated from high school and announced her intention to attend Stanford University in California. Chelsea taught her parents how to use THEIR COMPUTERS to send e-mail so that they could stay in contact while she is in California.

Chelsea graduated from high school in 1997. Hillary and Bill each had at least one computer at that time. Hillary surely email Chelsea from her computer while she was away at college. The iPad wasn't announced until January 27, 2010, by Steve Jobs at an Apple press conference at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco.

The very first device to carry the BlackBerry name was the BlackBerry 850, an email pager, released January 19, 1999. Although identical in appearance to the 950, the 850 was the first device to integrate email and the name Inter@ctive Pager was no longer used to brand the device.

I'm going to call Lukens, who was a State Department official responsible for logistics and management support during Clinton’s tenure as Secretary of State, a liar.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
She's no whiz-kid using a Metro Card at a subway turnstile, either.

Lol. Good point.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

From Hilary to Sullivan
"If they can't, turn into nonpaper w no identifying heading and send nonsecure."

I'm a little fuzzy here, can you help me out by describing what she means by "turn into nonpaper w no identifying header and send nonsecure?"

I'm sure there are others in class that might appreciate the refresher too.

(I actually know what is being referred to here, btw...)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
For someone allegedly IT illiterate she sure did send a lot of emails!

What a pathetic and feeble excuse, and shows they really do think we are all stupid if they honestly think anyone is buying that ridiculous story.
Sure, she doesn't have to hold a BA in computer science, she has, and had while at the State Department, and elsewhere while in politics, whole departments engaged in IT infrastructure and security. All she had to do was login and enter a password for crying out loud. My mother and aged relatives all do so on a daily basis.

She knew what she was doing and knew the security requirements and why they are in place, but chose to ignore it all for her own ends. In doing so she willfully broke laws and should be charged. In much the same manner, she chose not to have the US military provide security in Benghazi, instead using hired Mercs..... sorry, private security.....in order to hide what was going on from other branches and keep away prying eyes!

Bottom line, she is a serial criminal.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Yep and her history shows she will suppress the US government IT department if it doesn't favor her, or have you not been keeping up with developments?

Obama insisted on using an insecure blackberry.

The whitehouse was still using computers from 1980 under W.

Historically, presidents haven't had very good tech knowledge.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
To lazy to type in a password is more like it. Or maybe the desire to allow others to easily access her system.

Password control is not difficult to use - a text entry box, labeled password, that a person then types in the text of the password.

When you have 15 different email and other accounts each of which have different password rules, it becomes quite easy to get a little lax. I don't blame her at all for wanting to email from just one device, it consolidates passwords.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: roadgravel

When you have 15 different email and other accounts each of which have different password rules, it becomes quite easy to get a little lax. I don't blame her at all for wanting to email from just one device, it consolidates passwords.

As a Software Developer forced to use my company's IT Dept plan cell phone, I do not have this luxury.

I have to carry two devices. What makes her so special? Even our finance people here have company phones mandated and they are hardly proficient in tech.

I hardly feel like the SoS, or any cabinet level official for that matter, should get a pass here. But besides, her convenience excuse has come out to be nonsense anyway.

ETA: Also, with her supposed setup, didn't she only have ONE email password to worry about? If she can manage multiple login accounts not related to email, she can handle multiple email login accounts.
edit on 5/29/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

When you have 15 different email and other accounts each of which have different password rules, it becomes quite easy to get a little lax. I don't blame her at all for wanting to email from just one device, it consolidates passwords

Yeah well there's an APP for that.

appworld.blackberry.com...

Hilary Clinton putting PROGRESS in PROGRESSIVE

edit on 29-5-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: atomish
ETA: Also, with her supposed setup, didn't she only have ONE email password to worry about? If she can manage multiple login accounts not related to email, she can handle multiple email login accounts.

I'm assuming she left everything logged in on whatever device was relevant. The work phone you carry is logged into a work account, and so on.

Why she didn't carry multiple phones I have no idea, aside from it being a PITA and she likely had enough clout to get her way.

originally posted by: neo96
Yeah well there's an APP for that.

In 2009 (when this story takes place) there wasn't. Apps which have a master password and then give you all your other passwords are also considered insecure. If one password is breached that's one account, if that password gets breached all your accounts are open. I highly doubt she would have been allowed to use one.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Sorry there.

Password managers have been around as long as email accounts.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

We are talking about the Secretary of State and that office's official correspondence. Hillary was 4th in line in the order of presidential succession and as such any and all communications of that office are (or should be anyway) considered top secret as that person is one of those people who is the living embodiment of our form of government.

She was mixing official State business (of the United States of America) with private Clinton Foundation business and family business all through one, non-secure, internet-connected, unapproved, non-disclosed, privately-owned server running remote desktop software listening for connections set up by someone who's technical certifications were nearly a decade out of date in a field where hardware and software generations are measured in months.

This isn't just some office email used to talk about yoga routines or wedding plans on occasion.....

oh...

wait.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Yeah, I bet she doesn't know how to play World of Warcraft either, or any of the other video games.
Maybe the millennials should make that a criteria for President.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join