It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATM: Automated Tithing Machine - Seriously?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
People think 'christianity' is going anywhere?

Mr Wigs just showed me online this very interesting site:

Free Church Kiosk

(Yep! DOT COM, not "org").

"Giving Stations" now - you can walk past a "giving station" (shape and size of ATM) and use your credit/debit card to send your cash directly to GOD!

advancedkiosks.com
another one......

literally, I am still sitting here with my jaw on the desk - you have GOT to be makin.................what?!!!!!!!!

I wonder how much one costs?
We could set it up down by the police station and Family Dollar that are across the street from the homeless high-rise!!

And some of them are compatible with "any preferred church software"?
Yeah - that's the 8th bullet-point, though, of all the benefits churches can reap from this!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!

Mr Wigs said...."I didn't know preferred church software was a thing" - and he's an IT guy!

Check this out, guys:
Advanced Kiosks' Church Kiosks Advanced Kiosks dot com; they can take care of all your fundraising needs! And you don't have to say one word!!! Let our robot suck people in!!"

this is 21st century Jack Chick $hit, right?

I am gobsmacked. Really????

OMG.
Seriously.

Really??? I'm like halfway through this vid.
I can't believe it.

I just can't believe it.

But it's real.

edit on 5/28/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: fix formatting. Now this is really scary.

edit on 5/28/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Why not when you have a fan/customer base that studies show to be extremely gullible? I certainly won't be giving any my money to the church of sky net.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
"Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and give unto God what is God's" and "you cannot serve both God and money".

I guess these churches missed those memos.
edit on 5/28/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
I'll let George say it for me...

About 45 seconds in if you want to skip right to it.

Hey, even Christianity has to come into the 21rst century, and be prepared for a cashless society.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I was most impressed with the video! You can barely tell she is nervous, indoctrinated or reading a script.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Mr Wigs is now looking up to see if there really is "church software" out there.
Wowzauuuhhhhhh

Not-For-Profit, though - right?

Does this thing accept EBT?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Meanwhile, here's the longer Carlin bit....

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Mr Wigs is now looking up to see if there really is "church software" out there.
Wowzauuuhhhhhh

Not-For-Profit, though - right?

Does this thing accept EBT?

Yes, there is church software out there. Plenty of it for handling all facets of the church, from finances to ministry.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It puts the chip in its hand.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Latest stats show cash is used less and less. This year it was a whopping 27%. People no longer carry a lot of cash. It's all debit and credit cards. Some places even refuse to take cash, like on an airplane flight. So no particular reason to think this is odd.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Cued up now.

See ya guys.
Just notice this one thing:

Published on May 24, 2014
STOP RELIGIOUS FUNDAMENTALISM IN YOUTUBE!

This video is being under attack from christian fundamentalists in Internet. There is a stupid censorship in YouTube going on which goes against the rights of free thinking people and free souls. This is comedy at its best from the Ricky Gervais stand-up show 'Animals'. If you don't like it just see something else. Let's fight for a censorship free world and against religious fundamentalism!

Yeahhhh.....
did you guys notice in Carlin his remark about how on Sunday "God" is bombarded by prayers ("his day off")?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Latest stats show cash is used less and less. This year it was a whopping 27%. People no longer carry a lot of cash. It's all debit and credit cards. Some places even refuse to take cash, like on an airplane flight. So no particular reason to think this is odd.

Just because something is common place does not necessarily make it a good thing. I rue the day when cash is abolished we will all truly be tracked an monitored slaves at that point. Want to have a yard sale and sell some of your old junk? Not without paying taxes on those items that you already paid taxes on, already doing that one in MD. That's right you need a permit to have a yard sale in MD.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

originally posted by: schuyler

Just because something is common place does not necessarily make it a good thing. I rue the day when cash is abolished we will all truly be tracked an monitored slaves at that point. Want to have a yard sale and sell some of your old junk? Not without paying taxes on those items that you already paid taxes on, already doing that one in MD. That's right you need a permit to have a yard sale in MD.

Ii never suggested it was a good thing. I just pointed out the fact that cash is being used less and less. The trend will continue, so, indeed, prepare to "rue the day."

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Is anyone else getting really sick of the immediate invocations of George Carlin any time someone brings up religion and money?

We've seen it. We've all seen it. Many times.

I think I've come up with a new logical fallacy (because I know you guys love fallacies, and point them out at every available opportunity):

The Appeal-To-Pop-Culture Fallacy. When reasoned discourse is to be avoided at all costs...

Ricky Gervais!

edit on 5/28/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

See, that's the thing. So far there aren't "patrols" out on the streets looking for "garage sale" signs -
but there is no doubt (not even a smidgeon of one!) that trade and barter will resume their rightful place as the most logical system.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Is anyone else getting really sick of the immediate invocations of George Carlin any time someone brings up religion and money?

We've seen it. We've all seen it. Many times.

Did you really just say this?

If you've seen it many times, then why are you not "all better"? Are the words too big? The syntax too complicated?

LOL!!!!!

So - perhaps the real question is: Why is it then that it keeps being repeated on the usual channels by the usual people who obviously are personae non gratae.... according to "Christians"?

Over and over. When the pesticide stops working ---- that's when we need to buckle down and join forces. So - I vote for you all to just zip it.

That would take care of a lot.
And free up a goodly percentage of my time as well!!!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

So - I vote for you all to just zip it.

Shutting people up is your solution for everything.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I ❤ Internets.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Shutting people up is your solution for everything.

Well, kinda.......
If they speak nonsense and lies? Yep.

If my speaking serves toward shutting down fraudulent businesses? Yep.

If religious con-men continue taking blatant advantage of fragile elderly believers
(and/or delightfully brainwashed "tithers")? Yep.

Shutting up the liars? Yep.

You caught me. That's exactly it!! Out-shouting the liars is the goal!! It's fun!!!

(Thought that was the ATS idea.......denying ignorance.....right?)

What thinking person would not appreciate resources that help them heal, and also discard resources that cripple them? That help them deny ignorance and gain enlightenment? Who doesn't want that?

Hmmm???
Who (pray tell) does not want that? Think it over.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Want to have a yard sale and sell some of your old junk? Not without paying taxes on those items that you already paid taxes on, already doing that one in MD. That's right you need a permit to have a yard sale in MD.

The local govt has tried that around here, too -
people just ignore it.

Building permit? I don't need no stinking "building permit"...I'm fixing my roof. Pet license fees?
Erm, so much nope.

I really think that even if "cash tender" is no longer "legal", it will still serve as a trading mechanism. Barter as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join