It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audio Shows Katie Couric Documentary Deceptively Edited Interview with Pro-Gun Activists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The NRA started all of this at behest of the gun makers starting in the 70's. It helps them sell more guns

Obviously I disagree. It ALL start when FDR and his party started going after them.

None of this would be an issue if the NRA hadn't started screaming about it after being paid to do so.

True it wouldn't be an issue if people like Couric STOPPED demonizing them with their fear mongering.

They don't need your money for their propaganda to work, and their false narratives to be sold.

The only false narrative here that work is the anti gunners.

Over 80 YEARS of gun control, and they are still whining about it.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Cough cough planned parenthood, ones man reality is anothers mans propaganda.

How cute, the good old boyz outraged at the left propaganda but in love with the right wing.
Drink up your kool aid.

100 million firearms sold under the evil obama, how many guns where taken Away, zero.

Keep up the good propanganda work boyz

Oh wait, are you one of the one's who's threatening to move to Canada when Trump wins? Nevermind, I see you're already there.

Oh wait you think trump is goin to make america great lol

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I cannot believe the people defending the lies the way the film was portrayed!

It's like they WANT the lying!

In my timeline, people used to be disgusted by liars.

Now they elect them, laud them when they make propaganda films. . . .
edit on 27-5-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Could you connect those dots? Firearm sales are constantly breaking records so what exactly did the state do at the urging of "anti-gunners" that resulted in less publicly traded American firearms manufacturers?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Has Obama taken your guns away in 8 years? Did Bill Clinton? Nope

1993 Assault weapons BAN. CLinton. YES.

Obama YES his eos banning the importation of collector weapons.

Ending the so called 'corporate' loophole that NO mass shooter ever used.

So there's another YEAH.

Johnson with the Gun Control Act of 1968.

FDR with the National FireArms Act.

Guess who created the classification of 'destructive devices'. ?

Guess who constantly goes around saying guns can't hold more than 5 rounds.

Guess who created the background check in 1993?

Honestly why ya sitting there blaming the NRA for what LEFT WING politicians HAVE done consistently for DECADES?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Could you connect those dots? Firearm sales are constantly breaking records so what exactly did the state do at the urging of "anti-gunners" that resulted in less publicly traded American firearms manufacturers?

You need the 'dots connected'.

I guess ya missed the hostile environment over decades.

Driving companies out of business, killing jobs with REGULATIONS.

edit on 27-5-2016 by neo96 because: oops

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

How cute, the good old boyz outraged at the left propaganda but in love with the right wing.
Drink up your kool aid.

100 million firearms sold under the evil obama, how many guns where taken Away, zero.

Oh wait, are you one of the one's who's threatening to move to Canada when Trump wins? Nevermind, I see you're already there.

Wait till he gets done with your little sniveling lib PM Trudeau.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

The NRA started all of this at behest of the gun makers starting in the 70's.

Actually, the NRA started politically lobbying DC in the late 79s, after the National Council to Control Handguns and the National Coalition to Ban Handguns began lobbying efforts in DC to pass handgun bans along with enlarging the Gun Control Act LBJ ramrodded through DC following JFK's assassination.

This was the type of fear mongering, knee jerk bullsnip that forced the NRA into a lobbyist group...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Couric using propaganda to get her bias across, who would have thought?

Anyone who thinks she 'reports' the news, here is proof of UFO's for you.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yeah.

Don't forget Columbine happened during the height of the 'Assault' weapons ban.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Drink up your kool aid.

Wait till he gets done with your little sniveling lib PM Trudeau.

Lol first off i did not vote for trudeau, and second dont take it personal, its ok trump will be great lol.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yeah.

Don't forget Columbine happened during the height of the 'Assault' weapons ban.

Dude the left propaganda is go good you guys bought over 100 million firearms since Obama has been in office, guess who's propaganda worked lol.

Same old dance neo, at least bring some new stuff, your getting boring.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Dude guns sales are up because no one is buying the LEFT wing propaganda.

I really wish the anti gunners would get some new stuff.

Cause what they are shoveling sure isn't working.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Dude the left propaganda is go good you guys bought over 100 million firearms since Obama has been in office, guess who's propaganda worked lol.

We exchanged money for a durable good... not really seeing the downside there. If you're bringing the planned parenthood propaganda to the table, the comparable end product is dead babies... Hmmm, I certainly feel like the gun buyers got a better deal there.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: SonOfThor

Maybe - I would argue that liberal / anti-gun politicians (i.e. Obama and Hillary) and their illogical reactions and laws they pass in places like CT and NY and CA are better for gun sales than the NRA is...

It's all carefully planned.

The gun companies have the NRA falsely claiming "They're taking our guns!" -- and they use fear as a marketing tactic.

Has Obama taken your guns away in 8 years? Did Bill Clinton? Nope.

The NRA loves to scare the hell out of people, and THAT is what causes gun sales to go up.

It isn't the laws that cause gun sales to sky rocket, it's the false narrative being pushed and rammed down people's throats by a radicalized and militant NRA.

I'm not blaming you because you obviously don't pay attention to what is really going on but the efforts of the NRA to keep gun owners informed are exactly why gun rights haven't been further trampled.

You see it as propaganda but without that information being disseminated, the average gun owner wouldn't get politically involved because politicians don't exactly advertise it when they introduce a bill with outrageous restrictions.

Bill Clinton and Obama aren't the people we worry about, it's the shady little-known Congressmen and women who have a personal agenda against guns that are the real threat. Certain politicians try every single year to introduce bills or attach amendments containing bans on entire classes of firearms so your assertion that vigilance isn't necessary because "nobody is trying to take your guns" is asinine. You either want people to fall into a false sense of security or you're just genuinely misinformed because of your own lack of interest.
edit on 5/27/2016 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Police departments confiscate lots of guns every year.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

We exchanged money for a durable good... not really seeing the downside there. If you're bringing the planned parenthood propaganda to the table, the comparable end product is dead babies... Hmmm, I certainly feel like the gun buyers got a better deal there.

Unless you are Planned Parenthood, the resale market for dead babies is, well, dead.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They don't want to believe that the govt. isn't their friend. That it isn't looking out for their best interests. That would be too much for them to handle. So they vote as they are told to by folks like Couric. They believe the stories told by folks like Couric, hey, she's been on TV since I was a kid...she wouldn't lie to us!!

Maybe there's something to this mandala effect thing, after all. I seem to recall being taught that lying was not a good thing to do.

My father taught me that, it's a tough path to follow at times... But Couric and her ilk were never taught that, by all appearances.

...and they wonder why they're so mistrusted by people like me, and you. After all, they love us, and want us to be safe ((sob)). We're so ungrateful...

Little knowing, or caring, that we can take care of ourselves just fine thank you.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Sheesh I guess you really wanted to make a point there!

I don't know what propaganda you think I "fell for", but I've owned guns for competitions, self defense and hunting for a long, long time.

Matter of fact I'll be on your side of the border in June for a Charity Shoot in Ontario - bringing my AR and pistol with me. So your RCMP and the CFO must believe the same 'propaganda' because they are the ones who issued me a temporary ATT...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join