It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Followed me home...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57
So glad to hear it! Most rescue groups that I know of don't have shelters but instead depend on families fostering pets in their homes. Many will also provide foster parents with food and supplies as well as the animal's medical care. It's a great way to help out when you already have too many furbabies at home to realistically adopt more. Good luck to you and the doggies!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
What are the rules for that kind of thing here? Is a go fund me request allowed to be posted here?

I'd help too. I miss my poopsie. She left us last summer.

You can't post a gofundme here. I was told people took advantage of it in the past. I asked about posting the one for my friend who passed, her mother wants funds to bury the ashes with in a family cemetery out of state, I was told no and why.

I am not sure if you can U2U about it or not or if you can ask someone for their email in u2u maybe, in order to send the link?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

You would have a LOT of dogs then. After the surgery, it would require some physical therapy so the dog can adapt to 3 legs.
That is a lot of money.
The humane society may put them to sleep if not adopted. Maybe you could pick them up and find a Rescue organization that would handle the medical expenses..but then they adopt out to someone else. Or a person who has more time and money-and less dogs- to take them.

I know it's sad. But maybe a home, especially for the injured one, with less distractions would be better.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Well, I have Augustus' blessing, but I'm thinking SO and his crew may have the final say. Hopefully one of the posse will drop by and offer their opinion. Not that I don't trust Augustus.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Well, I have Augustus' blessing, but I'm thinking SO and his crew may have the final say. Hopefully one of the posse will drop by and offer their opinion. Not that I don't trust Augustus.

True, it can't hurt to ask.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
True, it can't hurt to ask.

I already gave the go ahead, this is a Mason-run site after all.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

No putting them to sleep.. the vet promised! omg!!

I can't even..there is no words.. why would anyone do that?
edit on 26-5-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: blend57
a reply to: Missmissie173

I know.. I want to keep them.. cost/care (attention and financial) have to weighed though. I have three dogs and a full time job. My daughter and I share in the care of the animals.. walking them, playing with them.. spending time with them. That is the type of care I'm worried I can't provide.

Plus one will be a special needs (at least for a bit)

I work a full time job and I am the only provider for the household. Please understand I am not saying I want to abandon them (they aren't mine) But.. I was really looking for some ideas and ways I could keep them .. what type of special care the one dog will need.. to see if there was a way I could keep them.

Trust me.. I am already very emotional about this. I don't need to be feeling any more guilt or depression..

Thanks
blend57

Know that they sought you out for help, you have that caring aura about you, as animals can sense it.

Put up signs online and off about them. Always be cautious with this and with finding pets new homes as people have been caught taking free and lost animals so they can sell them.

The first pic appears to be a female,which may be un spayed female-due to nipple indication may have had some litters.
The second, just by image observation, I figured the same as the vet did.

You may be able to find foster/rescue people if you cannot care for them. Also, talked about already, look for no kill shelters.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Here's the hard deal: You have already helped them beyond what many would have done, have done just by getting them into the first links of the rescue chain. I know you want to take them on. Most of us who do these things for animals in need are like that, but you have to weigh the realities of your situation. As you say, you are already responsible for yourself, your daughter, and three other dogs. You cannot risk hitting that tipping point where you risk all of you in your desire to help just one or two more. We've all seen people who get overwhelmed and what happens.

If you can't keep them, there is no shame in playing custodian to them long enough to make sure they are truly in that rescue chain where they will find that loving forever home, and you can feel good knowing you helped them along that far. You aren't abandoning them, not when you are helping them to find that place that will be theirs even if it can't be with you.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What are the rules for that kind of thing here? Is a go fund me request allowed to be posted here?

As long as it's for animals or my booze fund it is permitted.

Ok I'm back, did ya set an account up? Are we allowed☺?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: blend57

No putting them to sleep.. the vet promised! omg!!

I can't even..there is no words.. why would anyone do that?

Oh thank goodness🙌☺... I was worried about that.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

For JimNasium

One more of murphy

As for you Blend, kudos and big hugs😊. You are just what world needs more of.👍👏

edit on 26-5-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I am sorry Blend. I didn't mean to be so glib. I know that you are feeling real angst.

It sounds like your cup is full...maybe you were meant to be the catalyst to helping them find forever home(s).

Please let me know if you do start a go fund me page. I would be honored to contribute.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think the idea of a rescue groups and fostering sounds like your best bet, it should not be too hard to find one in your area. Especially since animal people attract animal people. The rescue group you find May set up a fund for vet care and you could pass the information on to those on here that would like to help, There is absolutely no reason for you to feel guilty, you have already gone beyond what many other would. BLESSINGS TO YOU

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

aww
so cute.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join