It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Security Head Fired Over Long Lines

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Lol yea because the last four - eight years are the only relevant time period in American history

Yeah well YOUR op is about present day.

Can't have it both ways.

Last I checked all the years leading up to the present day affect and contribute to the situation in the present day. Though I'm not surprised someone who is so anti-education would be against studying history to see why present day problems are the way they are.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Plus there is also a chance that Obama thought he could make it work better than Bush had it working.

How can you sit there, and blame Bush for the current goings on then.

Obama MEDDLED with it.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oh Obama isn't innocent either, but his blame isn't the majority blame. He's only guilty for thinking that a failed agency like the TSA could be made to work. The problems all started with Bush though when he shifted TSA responsibility to guarding airports instead of using private security to do so.

But you are trying to spin it so that Obama is solely at fault here, which is a laughable concept.
edit on 24-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Lol yea because the last four - eight years are the only relevant time period in American history

Yeah well YOUR op is about present day.

Can't have it both ways.

Last I checked all the years leading up to the present day affect and contribute to the situation in the present day. Though I'm not surprised someone who is so anti-education would be against studying history to see why present day problems are the way they are.

Oh well then. Let's PLAY!

You don't have the Patriot Act considering:

Months before the Oklahoma City bombing took place, Biden introduced another bill called the Omnibus Counterterrorism Act of 1995. It previewed the 2001 Patriot Act by allowing secret evidence to be used in prosecutions, expanding the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and wiretap laws, creating a new federal crime of “terrorism” that could be invoked based on political beliefs, permitting the U.S. military to be used in civilian law enforcement, and allowing permanent detention of non-U.S. citizens without judicial review.* The Center for National Security Studies said the bill would erode “constitutional and statutory due process protections” and would “authorize the Justice Department to pick and choose crimes to investigate and prosecute based on political beliefs and assoc Link iations.”

www.washingtonsblog.com...

And the FISA ACT.

The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 ("FISA" Pub.L. 95–511, 92 Stat. 1783, 50 U.S.C. ch. 36) is a United States federal law which prescribes procedures for the physical and electronic surveillance and collection of "foreign intelligence information" between "foreign powers" and "agents of foreign powers" (which may include American citizens and permanent residents suspected of espionage or terrorism).[1] It has been repeatedly amended since the September 11 attacks

en.wikipedia.org...

So WHAT do yo have on GW ?

Don't have the TSA because from your OWN admission here:

Plus there is also a chance that Obama thought he could make it work better than Bush had it working.

WHAT ?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I'm not going to play your stupid tit-for-tat of who to blame for what problems in this country. This thread is about the TSA and its problems, not your pet partisan whine fests. Plus this reinforces how you are unable to hold conservatives, republicans or republican politicians responsible for anything in this country. You are proving my point again here with your sensationalized and agenda driven videos. Anything that is traditionally blamed on Bush, you are trying to push onto Bill Clinton and things that are closer to Obama's Presidency are being blamed on him.

Seriously, just try saying this once. I promise you won't burst into flames for doing it. "Republicans are equally to blame for this problem".

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TommyD1966
I fly a lot and do have PreCheck and haven't been in any line more than about 10 minutes (tops) and usually it is less than 3 minutes.

I fly almost every week and the lines at my home airport, Newark, are long in the PreCheck lanes as well a good portion of the time. It took me 45 minutes to get through last week.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

First someone says THIS:

Last I checked all the years leading up to the present day affect and contribute to the situation in the present day.

Then they say THIS:

I'm not going to play your stupid tit-for-tat of who to blame for what problems in this country.

With a pinch of THIS:

And a Dash of THIS:

This thread is about the TSA and its problems, not your pet partisan whine fests.

Then turn the burner on low, and let simmer.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

So go ahead and say it. I dare you. I mean I already take your entire world view with a huge and humorous grain of salt. The only way you could actually surprise me is if you voluntarily left your ill-formed echo chamber and actually admit that your side of the partisan aisle can contribute to America's problems too. Instead I predict you to deflect this point and harp on Obama and the democrats some more.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The only administration that is responsible for the TSA is the Bush administration because they created it. Trying to blame Obama for the TSA is just silly.

Bush is a moron for creating Homeland Security and Obama is a moron for keeping it.

Morons, morons everywhere.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'll agree with this. Though Homeland Security isn't my problem per say. Moreso just the TSA. I understand the importance of Homeland Security in that it was created to help end the cluster# of inter-agency information exchange and cooperation. I just see no redeeming features for the TSA, nor do I see their existence as even necessary. We replaced a working product (private security at airports) with a FAR inferior one that creates more headaches and hardships than it solves.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I'll agree with this. Though Homeland Security isn't my problem per say. Moreso just the TSA.

That abomination of a department (Homeland Security) is responsible for the TSA so, as a fair compensation for the travesty of creating the TSA (and other reprehensible decisions), it should commit seppuku and do us all a goddamn favor.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Like I said, I understand the reasoning for the DHS' existence and it DOES make sense. Prior to 2001, whenever an alphabet agency tried to talk to another, they were met with much resistance, politics, and posturing. So putting most of them under the same umbrella organization helps eliminate most of this red tape and bureaucracy.

Though just as well, it is hard to forgive them for the TSA. What I really hate about the TSA is that they have arresting authority but get the #tiest training and orientation out of any agency with arresting authority. Any idiot with a high school degree can walk off the street and after a few weeks of training they are free to grope anyone to their heart's content.

Clearly the problem lies with using the same hiring standards as McDonalds to hire police officers.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I think the laiasoning between the various agencies could have bene accomplished without creating even more bureaucracy but that is an argument for another thread. The TSA is useless and should be replaced by trained private screeners like we used to have.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Like I said, I understand the reasoning for the DHS' existence and it DOES make sense

Now your DEFENDING GW !

LOL.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think the laiasoning between the various agencies could have bene accomplished without creating even more bureaucracy but that is an argument for another thread. The TSA is useless and should be replaced by trained private screeners like we used to have.

I couldn't agree more with this post.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Like I said, I understand the reasoning for the DHS' existence and it DOES make sense

Now your DEFENDING GW !

LOL.

Because unlike you, I'm not so blinded by partisan politics that I can't acknowledge the accomplishments of Presidents I don't like or the negatives of ones I do like.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Because unlike you, I'm not so blinded by partisan politics that I can't acknowledge the accomplishments of Presidents I don't like or the negatives of ones I do like.

Says the guy that's been whining about Bush for 3 pages.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Says the guy that's been whining about Bush for 3 pages.

President Crayons certainly has a good deal of culpability for making the government larger by introducing a wholly superfluous agency, Homeland Security, whose misbegotten spawn is the bane of all travelers. If he really was a 'Conservative' he would not have created more bureaucracy. But Republicans and Democrats are two sides of the same turd-coin.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

And the flip side of that coin ain't any better.

Especially with the cavity search of the background check if a person wanted to practice their 2nd amendment RIGHT.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

And the flip side of that coin ain't any better.

The flip side?

Especially with the cavity search of the background check if a person wanted to practice their 2nd amendment RIGHT.

The airlines are private so our Second Amendment rights can be legally limited by them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join