It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Security Head Fired Over Long Lines

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Not TSA exactly:

I remember flying out of Amsterdam and I had some energy drinks in my carry on that I didn't realize were there. The security people were polite and informed me:

"Well, you can either drink them now -- or we'll have to confiscate them because you can't take that much fluid on the plane..."

I replied with, "I'm not getting on a 12 hour international flight after chugging four, 16 oz energy drinks!!"

We all laughed and the the Dutch security guy nodded and said he didn't blame me.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Well clearly they weren't insane. If it were the TSA, you'd probably be hauled into the back and strip searched for your comments about not wanting to drink all those energy drinks.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He was actually fired 3 weeks ago, but to deliver the notice, well, there was this line. . . . . .

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder what this guy's thinking now.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Nothing said about *WHY* the long lines appeared?

Internal petty jealousies?

Funding cuts and priority diversions?

I think a big part of it is that they expected more people to sign up for PreCheck, which typically moves pretty well (ATL is a big exception). People weren't willing to shell out $85 for 5 years of PreCheck. If you don't fly a lot, I don't know why you would.

I fly a lot and do have PreCheck and haven't been in any line more than about 10 minutes (tops) and usually it is less than 3 minutes.

p.s. It also doesn't help that to TRY to speed things up, PreCheck is sometimes randomly given -- which actually makes it worse because people who aren't used to it still try to take off shoes, laptops and liquids out, etc. Royal pain.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TommyD1966

PreCheck is a good point.

But I wonder what happens if 75% of passengers were PreCheck?

Long lines there too.

I think the long line syndrome was manufactured because of the jealousies triggered by some recent funding cuts.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I've not experienced these long lines anywhere in several years. Take that back. Fort Lauderdale airport returning from Cancun the line for immigration was very long. Other than that, just got back from D.C. with no major TSA lines either way. made it from home to the airport, parked, through security, and to the gate in just over an hour last week.

edit: I don't have Precheck or anything like that. If I ever experienced routinely long lines, maybe I would, but I wouldn't bother currently.

Also Las Vegas last month. No real lines of any inconvenience going or returning.
edit on 24-5-2016 by usernameconspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I blame the fact that the agency is a useless waste of tax money that resulted from poorly thought out knee jerk reactions to heinous events

Oughta blame the current administration for restoring collective bargain 'rights'.

As we noted earlier, Obama crossed off the first item on that checklist when he signed the fiscal 2010 defense authorization bill in October 2009, which repealed the National Security Personnel System. Since then, the TSA Administrator, John Pistole, enabled TSA workers to have collective bargaining rights on limited, non-security issues such as shift bids, transfers and awards in February 2011. Pay, pensions and any form of compensation were not part of these rights.

www.politifact.com...

But hey TSA 'rights' were more important than travelers RIGHTS.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
On another note.

How about that guy that has a magic pen, and a mighty phone call up the TSA and tell it to treat American citizens.

Like the DHS, and ICE treats illegals immigrants.

No fuss no muss there.No waiting period.
edit on 24-5-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The only administration that is responsible for the TSA is the Bush administration because they created it. Trying to blame Obama for the TSA is just silly.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The only administration that is responsible for the TSA is the Bush administration because they created it. Trying to blame Obama for the TSA is just silly.

Anyone complain about the wait during the Bush yearS?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

There was PLENTY to complain about during the Bush years, including the wait. I know you lived during during the Bush Presidency, so playing dumb here isn't going to work on me. You should know just as well as anyone else about the TSA's problems then (which have continued up through the present).

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Yeah someone is playing dumb.

Because they IGNORE this.

www.politifact.com...

What is currently going on at the TSA is owned by the CURRENT administration.

edit on 24-5-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I have a question. Is it physically impossible for you to hold Republicans, conservatives, or past conservative Presidents responsible for any of the ongoing problems in this country or does it work in your head that all present problems in this country all started between 2008-present or from 1992-2000?

I mean your opinions are so laughably predictable that you might as well be a programmed bot by some conservative think-tank. It's really sad.
edit on 24-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Hey dude.

Bush hasn't been GD POTUS for EIGHT YEARS.

The only way GW would be relevant to this discussion if he was actually POTUS right now.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Lol yea because the last four - eight years are the only relevant time period in American history. All problems started by previous administrations have been COMPLETELY solved by subsequent administrations.

PS: Since you avoided answering my question so deliberately I'm taking the answer to it as a yes, you are unable to blame republicans, conservatives, or conservative politicians for America's mistakes.
edit on 24-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Obama loves the TSA because he can manipulate the system as we are seeing.

If Obama was so concerned about Americans' rights, why didn't he insist on eliminating the TSA?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Cough.

GW didn't create the TSA.

So............

Originally part of the United States Department of Transportation, the TSA was moved to the Department of Homeland Security on March 9, 2003.

en.wikipedia.org...

Lol yea because the last four - eight years are the only relevant time period in American history

Yeah well YOUR op is about present day.

Can't have it both ways.

link   

a reply to: MystikMushroom

Well clearly they weren't insane. If it were the TSA, you'd probably be hauled into the back and strip searched for your comments about not wanting to drink all those energy drinks.

My elderly female neighbor was flying from Philly to Nashville. She put hand lotion on while standing in line. They saw this, pulled her from line, did some kind of test on her hands which they said tested positive for an explosive ingredient. It came from an allowable 3 oz travel sized sample bottle. They read the ingredients from the bottle and released her from the ante-room forty-five minutes later. By that time, I'm sure probably a half dozen real terrorists probably got through.

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Probably because it isn't as easy as you are suggesting. Things like having no solution to implement once the TSA is gone, costs of closing the agency, figuring out how to lay off all those government employees.

You know, shutting down a government agency isn't the same as closing a business right? Plus there is also a chance that Obama thought he could make it work better than Bush had it working.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join