It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Security Head Fired Over Long Lines

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
TSA Security Head Fired Over Long Lines

The head of security for the U.S. Transportation Security Administration has been removed from his position, according to an internal TSA memo on Monday seen by Reuters, after the agency was criticized for long lines at airport security checkpoints.

Kelly Hoggan, who had served as TSA assistant administrator for security operations since May 2013, was replaced by his deputy, Darby LaJoye, who will serve on an acting basis, according to the memo from agency head Peter Neffenger.

Long security lines at U.S. airports this spring have frustrated travelers and caused thousands of passengers to miss flights. TSA has blamed the problem on a lack of security screeners and an increase in passenger volumes.

Hoggan came under fire at a U.S. House Oversight Committee hearing on May 12 for receiving over $90,000 in bonuses and awards over a 13-month period in 2013-14.

Well the most awful and useless government agency ever created is screwing up again. Naturally as the warm months start rolling around, travel volume increases. BUUUUT I guess this went over the heads of the "geniuses" over at the TSA who have let wait times balloon to huge heights.

They of course blame a lack of screeners and equipment. I blame the fact that the agency is a useless waste of tax money that resulted from poorly thought out knee jerk reactions to heinous events. But hey, we all have our own opinions right?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

$90K in bonuses in 2014? The guy is probably barely worth $9 bucks an hour lol TSA is useless - how about this meme:

ETA: 1 more relevant meme for the road

edit on 24-5-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
My opinion is TSA employees have to be unfeeling or mindless minions to spend their whole day groping people for a living.

And be crafty enough to spot the next terror threat before it become a terror incident.

Slowly, methodically invading others privacy all day long and spotting the next ingenious device beforehand too, how ironic.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I went to the US this year, and right up till border protection, it was huge lines. I had to get a pen, never having done this before I walked about 3 mins. I suddenly hear over the pa, all the agents are called to a meeting, and everything clears. Im standing there alone, my first time in LA, no sleep for over 20 hours, and wrung out.

When I get back to the line, no one. nothing. one big fat ugly prick of an agent drags me to his little booth. oh judge judy meets judge dredd..

after that lets just say I was worse than a terrorist with a bomb in my hat. "Let me axe you sir, whens tha last time you took drugs" -- arrogant sod, I've been on a plane where I was groped and searched to get to even see you, bloke... "Come with me sir" so we'll end it there with this. You are not a cop. You are just a fat black man in a uniform with a gun on your hip, dick head.

LAX can eat a dick.

so all the poor "woe is me" screamers waiting in line who get in ? bahhahahaha spend 13 hours in a room because the next cretin thinks you're not valid, because now after 30 hours you are a little disgruntled.

the USA can eat my shorts.

the spanish chick in the detaining room was nice. didnt speak a word of English though.. nor did the indian, the asian, or the three afghanis. but we all watched a movie together.

7am till 10:45pm for just being 'suspicious'.. yeah Im Australian. let more middle easterners in en masse. welcome.

tsa can grope my big fat.....

edit on 24-5-2016 by Parafitt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

So then its a lesson in violation of civil rights. Getting people used to the idea they can be searched at any time, any where for any reason.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Crafty? I don't think that is the word I'd use.

TSA security lapses point to management, training failures, experts say

The TSA is hiring: Here's what you need to know

Applicants must be U.S. citizens and have a high school diploma or equivalent, or have at least one year of applicable security work experience.

New hires will undergo a three-week training program and have to pass a test before they are allowed to start screening at airports.

Now those are some rigorous standards and training aren't they?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Last month I was flying home, the line at the airport was horrendous. Thank you for posting this thread. I am happy he is fired!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I'm trying to go out to Wisconsin this summer and I told my buddy that I'd rather rent a car and drive out there than fly and deal with all the bull# that goes along with it these days. So we will be doing just that. It's only a 12 hour drive.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Me neither. That was my point.

Expecting these security geniuses to spot the next ingenious bomb is a contradiction in terms.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I flew out of Chicago at 6am yesterday. It was madness, you would think such a early flight, it wouldn't be too bad.

I got there at 3am and barely made my flight.

The TSA is the most useless Govt agency.

I've posted before about my adventures in transporting explosives on planes.

I'll see if I can dig it up, it happened over 5 years ago.

Edit: For some reason I can't pull up any of my posts from prior to June 2013.

edit on 24-5-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Reminds me of that line from family guy when meg works for the TSA and her boss is giving her the rundown.

"Here at the TSA we're looking for sort of a bored facism."

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I would rather drive the 12 hours too. After driving to the airport, parking, taking a shuttle, checking in, checking in and paying for your luggage lol then waiting in line, flight hours then deboarding waiting to get your baggage - I would drive!
edit on 5 24 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well at least they only let through
96% of the bombs when tested recently.
www.investors.com...

It takes time and talent to ignore
plastic explosives, and pat down grandmas in wheelchairs.
All while being exceptionally rude, power drunk and making you
miss your flight.
edit on 24-5-2016 by UnderKingsPeak because: link

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Sorry double
edit on 24-5-2016 by UnderKingsPeak because: (no reason given)

But while I'm here let's change the Moonraker
theme from "Nobody does it better " and give it
to TSA as
"Literally ANYONE does it better"
edit on 24-5-2016 by UnderKingsPeak because: song

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

I would rather drive the 12 hours too. After driving to the airport, parking, taking a shuttle, checking in, checking in and paying for your luggage lol then waiting in line, flight hours then deboarding waiting to get your baggage - I would drive!

Yeah. I used to love flying, but then 9/11 happened and the TSA came about. I flew a bunch in the 2000's, but as the TSA got steadily worse and the airlines became more and more harder to work with I've become super frustrated with the flying experience. It makes it so much more frustrating to learn that the TSA doesn't even stop dangerous items from boarding planes and has yet to stop a terrorist.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I could not agree with you more.
They have ruined commercial flight.
And not stopped a single terrorist in 15 years.
It's made a few of the original Terror "experts"
lots of money.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Reporting gives me the impression the bigger issue was failures in detecting bombs and weapons, not long lines. The security issues were more important.

I will accept the fact that people at the airport are more concerned over waiting then security.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: intrptr

TSA security lapses point to management, training failures, experts say

The TSA is hiring: Here's what you need to know

Applicants must be U.S. citizens and have a high school diploma or equivalent, or have at least one year of applicable security work experience.

New hires will undergo a three-week training program and have to pass a test before they are allowed to start screening at airports.

Now those are some rigorous standards and training aren't they?

Sounds like the same qualifications social experiments are looking for

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Lol...

Don't catch undocumented cash quick enough, get fired.

Vonderful!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Nothing said about *WHY* the long lines appeared?

Internal petty jealousies?

Funding cuts and priority diversions?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join