It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Object in Unusual Orbit Passes by Earth in 2017

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

The source article for that quote seems to be here:
An 'Alien Artifact' Is Going to Pass Earth in 2017
Written by Daniel Oberhaus
motherboard.vice.com...

Oberhaus provides no citation. But it sounds like he misinterpreted what Scotti said about the discovery.

I had also noted a change in the rates of motion of my 2nd object, but I assummed that was just due to an error in the measurements. When I didn't find anything at either of the 2 objects predictions, I was very confused! During the night, I started playing around with orbits for the 2nd object (since ithad about a 4-5 hour arc), but when nothing productive came of that, I played a hunch and tried linking my 2 objects and VOILA! a resonable (though very earthlike) orbit. I looked at the location it predicted for my 3rd night's observation and there it was! Turns out that the object was only 0.022 AU away and since it was moving along roughly with the Earth, most of the 0.695 deg/day motion was induced by my own motion around the Earth.

The apparent change in velocity was an observational error. Which Scotti resolved on his third observation.

www.satobs.org...

edit on 5/22/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

Interesting reading, so S&F for that! As to what it is, hard to say, at this stage. It seems to fit, in some ways, the criteria for a normal asteroid, except for the variations in brightness. Not sure that alone is enough to call it something "alien".

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Looking forward to Summer 2017!!! Great thread, lot's of info., well done!

S&F

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The apparent change in velocity was an observational error. Which Scotti resolved on his third observation.

www.satobs.org...

Thanks for taking the time to post it

It's an interesting little message that conveys the excitement Scotti felt when he was trying to find the object again. He's probably right to favour natural object over artificial; it was also an interesting implication that we might not know where all our spaceshot relics are.

He's clear the speed isn't 'fluctuating' or changing in any way beyond what would be predicted.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

The idea of aliens leaving us a message in space is a charming one but I suspect that they wouldn't leave anything to chance.

It would be massive,indestructible and be lit up like Las Vegas-but it would only be visible from space and not from Earth.

Of course,*if* they exist or are even interested.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter

The idea of aliens leaving us a message in space is a charming one but I suspect that they wouldn't leave anything to chance.

It would be massive,indestructible and be lit up like Las Vegas-but it would only be visible from space and not from Earth.

Of course,*if* they exist or are even interested.

I don't know, there is much to be said for a small, dark object that is imperceptible until a certain level of technology is reached.
You could base a movie off that idea!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
No throwing things.

IIRC this was mentioned in Clifford Stones AMA here.

Absolutely no killing the messenger!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
No throwing things.

IIRC this was mentioned in Clifford Stones AMA here.

Absolutely no killing the messenger!

You made me smile :-)

Thanks.

BT

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
NASA 1991 VG Impact Risk

Energy 7.3e-03 MT

2101-11-21.74 possible impact date

Impact Probability: 4.6e-05 -> 99.99540000% chance the asteroid will miss the Earth

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mrgone
That's a lot of math and speculation to not produce a single image.

Does an image of this exist?

I think someone should try to answer this question. (Not me,
)
edit on 23-5-2016 by IlluminatiTechnician because: Grammar

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
First off, awesome thread... Second, were they able to find out what the speed fluctuations were that the astronomer suggests? Also, how was this object being monitored, was it by images or some sort of satellite? Also, if it was pictures, couldn't the rotation (brightness difference) be based off when the snap shots are going off and the angles we are seeing? I'm sure a continuous shot has never been taken...

Interesting thread, OP.. S&F

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Thanks for the Post.. got some reading to keep me occupied at work.

As far as it being "otherworldly" Lets face it, even if it was we would never find out.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gratheil

As far as it being "otherworldly" Lets face it, even if it was we would never find out.

I think that would depend on whether or not hobby astronomers will be able to take a snapshot, then it would be difficult for TPTB to withhold the information.

The target could be too small, though, and I have no idea about what hardware would be needed to actually acquire an image with reasonable resolution. The exact position and distance of 1991 VG can be calculated using JPL's Small Body Database.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Thank you. Makes me think of the black knight.

From www.evawaseerst.be...

The Black Knight

The Black Night is a so called satellite that follows a polar orbit. His existence is being disputed for a long time by the authorities.

We think the Black Night can be one of more satellites that are remnants from our creators and that just like so many structures on Earth, the moon and maybe on Mars could contain secret knowledge.

The satellite proves again that every discussion about our extraterrestrial origins end in a yes/no game. Consequence is that words like pseudoscience and conspiracy theory resurface quickly. And everybody who discusses our alien origins know what using this words mean to the credibility of the item.

We won’t go deep into the subject because there are so many other things to discuss.

Just some reservations:
- first of all the name of the satellite: as if he was doomed to end in a commercial spot of the Pepsi company. So he could be made ridiculous. Just don’t let mislead you. Not by those who are too much against or too much in favour of our extra terrestrial origins. Don’t take their proof for granted in an exaggerated way. Although believing is free.

- why authorities who have all the means to prove the nature of the black knight are not giving us a credible explanation?

- some claim that Tesla was the first who discovered the satellite. And although Tesla believed in extra terrestrial intelligent beings, the discovery of the satellite by him cannot be proven.

- in the 50’s several sources mention the satellite (see first page of the site we mention below).

- the satelite would orbit first one of the poles and by it’s return it would orbit the other pole. Strange because in the 50’s no human satellite seemed to capable to do so. (Today they can do it anyway.)

- it must been said authorities were once proud to announce that the black knight was a piece of the Discoverer rocket. (Something that simply not could have been the case – see the link that follows.)

We won’t keep on arguing because we can’t prove anything. Of course not. Because again you must see the big picture to see that all the indications about our extra terrestrial origins are covered up. And please don’t tell us that this is not possible. Because it is possible.

For those wo want to know more we give you a link to one of the best conspiracy websites in the world .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Yeah, read about this one long ago, but with no scientifically approved resources, I can't really comment on it.

Supposedly it changes course, but this could have been some nut job's statement.

I don't recall who.. but he said something about how the 1991 VG changes it's own course to avoid collision with other celestial bodies and/or small obstacles. Something akin to that.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
you know what I think it is?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

If 1991 VG is Alien or extremely ancient human technology or really anything TPTB don't want the commoners to know about then I would imagine it will "break up" (intentionally destroyed) before any of little people get eyes on. Something like that already happened. There was some odd asteroid that was supposedly emitting a radio freq due to pass close by earth and it "broke up" before it got here. Just my opinion.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I've read about this b4, but thanks for the heads up. 2017 approach? Will this allow them to definitely say what it's, or is it just another opportunity for doomsdayers and conspiracy theorists to heckle over dubious data?
edit on 5/26/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET

If 1991 VG is Alien or extremely ancient human technology or really anything TPTB don't want the commoners to know about then I would imagine it will "break up" (intentionally destroyed) before any of little people get eyes on. Something like that already happened. There was some odd asteroid that was supposedly emitting a radio freq due to pass close by earth and it "broke up" before it got here. Just my opinion.

Are you kidding? If they really are keeping secrets about UFOs and all of that s***, they don't want to kepe them forever. This would be a chance for them to expose people to the notion of ET's. I imagine they'd want to because if our technology continues to advance forward, it'll be increasingly hard to keep people dumb. Some element of the truth needs to get out.

They might be covering up something, but I don't think it's this draconian immense conspiratorial one often asserted in UFO circles. They might even know this particular object is ET, but I doubt it goes much beyond that. Frankly I think even that's a stretch. Maybe they cover up little things which aren't so ominous. Science-things which're incidental. More psychological.

We're like little grasshoppers still figuring out how to use our legs. We're still a long ways from stepping foot onto a planet in another star system, but when scientists can contemplate the idea of sending interstellar microprobes to other stars, it's closer to a reality. A article from the past year or two suggested it'll be 200 years before our civilization possesses the energy to send a spaceship to another star. 200 years is the blink of an eye geologically. Of course the estimate has its own caveats, so take with a grain of salt.

Here you go:
www.technologyreview.com - Interstellar Travel Not Possible Before 2200AD, Suggests Study...
edit on 5/26/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite. Oh, well you have it all figured out don't you? I guess your right, there are no secrets about Non human intelligences and those in power have nothing to hide except . . . . . Sorry pal I know better.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join