It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Adams ('Dilbert' writer): 'Trump landslide from here'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Clinton’s team continues to churn out anti-Trump hit pieces that ask you to imagine President Trump in office. By November, voters will think Trump has been running the country for a year and it looked a lot like the Obama administration. That’s called “graduated exposure” and it’s a well-understood psychological phenomenon. The Democrats are working overtime to make Trump feel less scary while believing they are doing the opposite.

Now imagine Clinton and Trump selecting VPs. If Clinton picks a woman, she overplays the woman card to destruction. If she selects a beta male, it will seem cringeworthy to the sexist public. If she selects an alpha male it will annoy her base without gaining a single vote. Clinton loses on every path.

Meanwhile, Trump can pick a man or a woman and it will look natural. No VP will overshadow Trump’s energy. All he needs is a running mate that is competent and a little bit interesting.
Evaluating the Political Chess Board

I did some research on Scott Adams' opinions of Trump, and I think they are noteworthy.

Here is what Adams wrote about Trump a couple of months ago (back when the GOP nomination was still very much in doubt).

Having nothing to lose essentially then increases his chance of winning, because it opens up his field of rhetorical play. “Psychology is the only necessary skill for running for president,” writes Adams, adding: “Trump knows psychology.”

Within that context, here is what Candidate Trump is doing to win campaign hearts and minds, according to Scott Adams:

1. Trump knows people are basically irrational.

2. Knowing that people are irrational, Trump aims to appeal on an emotional level.

3. By running on emotion, facts don’t matter.

4. If facts don’t matter, you can’t really be “wrong.”

5. With fewer facts in play, it’s easier to bend reality.

6. To bend reality, Trump is a master of identity politics — and identity is the strongest persuader.
Donald Trump will win in a landslide. *The mind behind ‘Dilbert’ explains why.

You know the old saying, "It takes one to know one." Well, Adams is a hypnotist. That's why he knows what Trump is doing.

I called Donald Trump "Obama 2.0" last summer:

Is Donald Trump the embodiment of a "Hail Mary pass"?

Until I read what Adams wrote above, I didn't realize that Trump is using hypnosis just like Obama does. Obama is considered to be a master of NLP by some NLP experts.

AN EXAMINATION OF OBAMA’S USE OF HIDDEN HYPNOSIS TECHNIQUES IN HIS SPEECHES

www.youtube.com...

I see more and more posters here saying that they're finding themselves liking Trump for no good reason. Well, now you may know why.
edit on 20-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
He's been right about everything. We need to stop the terrible left.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
The endless crap like this from the left has driven me to support Trump, not
HYPNOSIS or Psychology.
Warning: Typical anti-Trump deplorable rhetoric. You may be offended.

Thank the anti-Trumps for my support of Trump.

+1 more 
posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Yea, this guy explains it quite well. It isn't so much that people are voting for Trump, but wanting to vote AGAINST everything wrong with this country.

Might as well roll the dice at this point aye?!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Exactly, and I love that video.

So damn true!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I was amazed, and not surprised, by how articulate they are!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The more ant-Trump rhetoric the more I am convinced he is the right guy for the job. I started out laughing at him, but frankly, given Hilary will be his likely opponent, it is a no-brainer that Trump should win.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I actully remember giving you a snarky reply when you said something about supporting Trump. now I'm getting on board.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
The endless crap like this from the left has driven me to support Trump, not
HYPNOSIS or Psychology.

You may want to read up on Neuro-linguistic Programming. It's actually quite fascinating. This is not your grandfather's "hypnosis." It is far different. It has its detractors, of course, but many psychologists take it quite seriously.

NLP is an interesting spin on it, worth pursuing.

Edit to add: I'm reminded of the recent Drudge article on Hitler practicing his speeches. It's the same thing! I know. I know. Hitler turns up in every Internet thread eventually, but it just struck me how similar Hitler's techniques are to Obama's. I'M NOT EQUATING THE TWO OTHERWISE--just the speech technique. Obama uses NLP, and so did Hitler (before it had a name.) It's just the way they get their points across and mesmerize the listeners.

Here's the same link used above. Compare the two documents.
edit on 5/20/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

It's pretty fascinating. My ex was doing commercials and incorporated it into the writing.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Come on Stosh. You are saying, by this video and your following statement that you are being driven to form adult political decisions by a bunch of immature near teen age boys. Boys who are standing on one side of a fence and slinging childish verbal assaults on a group of people on the opposite side of the fence. These morons would be acting the same way it they were on the opposite side of that fence.

These morons are not left, they are lost teens+, lost in a world they do not understand and picking a side for no other reason than it is something fun for them to do. Do I excuse their behavior? No, nor am I offended by their language. They are immature punks. What does offend me is how easily people label them leftist for no other reason then they ended up on one side of the fence than the other.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Donald Trump is not the idiot people say he is.

But because of that, like Obama, don't take your eyes off of what he does if he does get elected.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I caught on to what Trump does a while ago too. It's all the same pattern. I'm not nearly outspoken enough to do it myself, but Trump is a master of it, simultaneously rebranding his enemies with his new nicknames, praising himself, and tying emotion rather than reason to people and occasionally facts. All while using small words spoken slowly.

All of this backed up by a media knowledge that lets him get billions in free air time through dominating the news cycles.

Trump is very good at what he's doing.

It's probably the best viral marketing campaign ever done. It's going to be studied in detail for the next 50 years.
edit on 21-5-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
That was just the video of the day for the way anti-Trumpers act.

I could literally post 100 such videos of anti-Trump deplorable behavior.

Watch the 'I vote against you' video Seeker1963 posted above, that pretty much sums it up for me.

My decision is based on the activity over the last year, not 1 video.

I started out NOT going to vote. The activity of the protesters over the last year has driven me to vote AGAINST them.

They do not stand for anything I remotely believe in.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think you all are discounting the "anyone but Hillary" sentiment out there. Lots of folks don't think Trump is better, he just isn't a Clinton.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I don't think it is hypnosis driving the Trump phenomenon.

I think that Trump has general feelings that are actually very much in line with how most Americans feel. He has always felt this way. If you dig up the interview he did with Oprah decades ago he was saying the same general things that he says now.

His Make America Great Again slogan is the basis for everything else that he says. It is not just a genius slogan, it embodies the other points he makes. And even without the details (which he HAS detailed in one-on-one interviews), the basics of what he promotes resonates with Americans. We all want the same thing. We want America to be great again.

So, sure, there is some emotional effect there, but it is not some gimmick, and does not cause some commercialized, hypnotic, emotional response. It causes true hope. People need hope. People need change. America needs change.

new topics

top topics

join