It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nudity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Societies considerations on nudity absolutely fascinate me. Why do so many countries consider public nudity to be taboo or immoral? Why is it that in the United States(or any other country) you will be arrested and thrown in jail for walking around the streets in the nude? Why is it that co-ed locker rooms are considered shocking to those of us who live in North America? In Germany(and other parts of Europe too) for instance there are co-ed saunas and it isn't a big deal, not to mention tribal societies. When, where, why and how did we come to the conclusion that the human body is something to hide and if you don't hide yours you need to be thrown behind bars like an animal? To me the consideration that co-ed or public nudity is unethical is completely arbitrary. I understand the use of clothes for practical reasons(such as cold weather.) Or for reasons such as displaying social status or "expressing yourself." It's merely the consideration that nudity is in some cases indecent or immoral that is odd to me. Thoughts?
edit on 20-5-2016 by Thetan because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Because naked people (women in particular) engender evil thoughts.
About sex and stuff. And that's bad. Can't be thinking about sex.
edit on 5/20/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Because naked people (women in particular) engender evil thoughts.
About sex and stuff. And that's bad.

Allah Akbar!

Just Kidding!
edit on 20-5-2016 by Thetan because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

Praise Jesus!

me too.

+10 more 
posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ahahaha! Sorry, but I wouldn't want to be seen naked and there are folks I wouldn't want to see naked either.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

The topic is not mandatory nudity.
At least, I think not.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Night Star

The topic is not mandatory nudity.
At least, I think not.

Nope. Not mandatory in the least.

+11 more 
posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Because in order to control people you have to convince them in every way possible that Humans are Naturally Evil, Impure, Sinful, bad, worthy of some punishment.

Even just a person in their most natural form must be seen as shameful.

If you start letting humanity view each other for how they truly are and in their most basic and natural form without some kind of resentment or in a negative way they might start to identify with each other as equals and in deeper ways than just a false superficial way.

That sort of empathy and self reflection about humanity in general leads them to accept each other and themselves for who they are.

You can't control them if you don't first divide them and make them feel fear, isolation, shame, loneliness, vulnerable and helpless.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Ahahaha! Sorry, but I wouldn't want to be seen naked and there are folks I wouldn't want to see naked either.

You may not want to smell their perfume either, does that mean they can't wear it? You may hate their bumper stickers, does that mean they can't display them? It seems to me that something merely being distasteful to you isn't a reason to prohibit it.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Ive seen me naked😠let alone just a towel around my bottom. I would never subject any sex to that sight.😒 and I got that suit on my birthday. But like Phage said...

"Because naked people (women in particular) engender evil thoughts.
About sex and stuff. And that's bad."

I believe Phage is joking, but sexism asside. I don't want to look at that. I have a 500+lb neighbor that Mows his grass twice weekly in skin tight sweat shorts. He's already a monsoon of jelly rolls and hair by his first pass. ( he has 1.5 acres to cut )
But Pennsylvania law allows homeowners to be topless on your own property.
And it gets muggy here!

I think the rest of the world has had more time to grow up. 😊
And as I get older. I just throw up my Grin and say "whatever". It certainly won't kill me.πŸ˜„

edit on 20-5-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Why do you think God invented clothes? So we didn't have to be nude..duhhhh

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Nope. Clothes are an alien life form bent on domination of Earth.

www.imdb.com...

link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Why do you think God invented clothes? So we didn't have to be nude..duhhhh

God didn't invent clothes.... just a naked Adam and Eve. Following up with Fig leaves and apple pie.
But i'm not religious πŸ˜‰

link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

But God didn't invent clothes. Even from a biblical point of view he made Adam and Eve Naked and they stayed that way until they sinned and they are the ones who covered themselves.

From a Secular point of view. No God. We're born naked. Therefore we invented clothes.

Take your pick.

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Because in order to control people you have to convince them in every way possible that Humans are Naturally Evil, Impure, Sinful, bad, worthy of some punishment.

Even just a person in their most natural form must be seen as shameful.

If you start letting humanity view each other for how they truly are and in their most basic and natural form without some kind of resentment or in a negative way they might start to identify with each other as equals and in deeper ways than just a false superficial way.

That sort of empathy and self reflection about humanity in general leads them to accept each other and themselves for who they are.

You can't control them if you don't first divide them and make them feel fear, isolation, shame, loneliness, vulnerable and helpless.

This is the best post on ATS i'v seen in quite a while! Congratulations.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Then, look else where.

If someone has an ugly face (in your opinion) should they be forced to cover up their face, too?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I heard that women invented clothes because they were tired of carrying everything in just that one front pocket.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I heard that women invented clothes because they were tired of carrying everything in just that one front pocket.

Ahahahhaha! Had to re-read that just to make sure I read it right. Priceless.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

They are not Marsupials. πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Now I expect Kangaruex4Ewe to have a wordπŸ˜‚

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Most men think about sex all the time anyway. So do women for that matter. Since its the prime directive, it smells of " Find out what they want and don't give it to them"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join