It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nudity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
How free are you if you don't even get to make a choice about what you will or will not put in or on your own body?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme
Unless you live alone in a cave you will always be subject to the mores of your society.

link   
a reply to: WhiteWingedMonolith

Bravo! Well said! A little common sense goes a long way.

link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yup, yes, and you are right.

Young children see nothing wrong with nudity.

I saw nothing wrong with it. But I still knew there was a time and place. I also knew that if I didn't want to be nude, I didn't have to participate.

But most people didn't get raised like that, and most people didn't grow up with access to a nude beach.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I used to sunbathe in a public swimming hole in the ladies changing rooms in the buff.....waved to all the single engine planes that flew over also. So I'm not exactly a prude here. Not to mention there were plenty of places for nudists to swim outside of town in that area, and one of the more "on the radar" places shut down because it attracted people who couldn't "look without touching" or went full on perv in the bushes.

Not exactly innocent nudity now, is it?

I'm not confusing much of anything....been around out in that real world, all walks of life, and seen enough to know that the majority of people who would take advantage of Nudity in Public aren't the ones you hope they'll be. In fact, the majority who are hoping for hot bodies and well groomed individuals with proper social skills are gonna be VERY disappointed.

edit on 5/20/16 by GENERAL EYES because: minor clarficiation

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES
Holy crap. You just described Hippy Hollow to a "T".

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

I see we've crossed paths on old stomping grounds!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteWingedMonolith Thank you. A really intelligent and thoughtful post. I'll never forget when I had to start leaving my 9 year old son at home when I went to the museums-he couldn't resist touching all the nudes-especially -you know-. We need our clothes-and you got that right-I don't wanna see all that on myself much less others. Been to nudist beaches etc-no, thanks. Ewwwww

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Big state, small world.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The only thing a society needs to function is empathy, otherwise it'll become self-destructive with people trying to overpower and harm each other.

When rules are created telling people how they can and cannot dress outside or what they can or cannot put into their own body, it is all just based on opinions, not anything necessary for group survival (society).

(By the way, does the constitution say anything about dress codes or diet laws? Because if not, it can even be argued that such rules are unconstitutional).
edit on 20-5-2016 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Um. This is just a view on what is socially acceptable. Walk along a nudist beach and it's socially acceptable to be naked. Walk through my sleepy village in the buff and if anyone saw me, they would probably think I was mad!

Generally, in Europe things are more relaxed than in the US, including nudity on the TV and in everyday media.

To be honest, I don't want to see people walking around naked, but if I did see someone it would be more curious than offensive. Indeed, in the UK where I live, public nudity is not illegal. You can be arrested if you cause distress, or alarm.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

The only thing a society needs to function is empathy,

Yeah, well.
Not everyone is empathetic.

When rules are created telling people how they can and cannot dress outside or what they can or cannot put into their own body, it is all just based on opinions, not anything based on the constitution nor anything necessary for group survival (society).
And part of group survival means getting along. And getting along often means you can't do what ever the hell you want to do. So...

(By the way, does the constitution say anything about dress code or diet laws? Because if not, it can even be argued that such rules are unconstitutional).
On what basis? Does the Constitution say anything about theft? Murder?
edit on 5/20/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

On the basis that the constitution does not enforce laws for dressing, it could be argued that a law banning nudity is unconstitutional.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

What does the Constitution have to say about murder?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I think some of you are confusing Nudity for everyone all the time and simply someone choosing to be naked in public.

Obviously there are many reasons that one would want or need to be covered.

I think the question is why it's illegal for any kind of Nudity in a public setting.

I don't understand why it is chest wise, but erections innocently obtained in someone with minimal control could be misconstrued as done to mock others or show who's bigger than who, or to act lewd around single people not looking for anything sexual or around someone's girlfriend or wife or any significant other, I can see why it is illegal. It creates more problems than solves. I also read some men can get erections over things they would rather the public not know about because it's dark or if it happens innocently it could be interpreted as being their fault. Spread of disease is another reason or purposefully passing gas to be rude then claiming innocence is another. It just opens a can of worms for unwanted behavior. All mentioned here would make many straight males and gay males uncomfortable. At any rate, I would think most nudists are part timers anyway and are happy to put the naked act behind them and wear cozy or cool clothes. Wearing clothes then going to a nudist camp likely heightens their experience and they would be bored if it wasn't taboo. It lends people to think they help feed the sexually taboo part in the nay sayers so they feel "free"

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

No I get that. I'm not suggesting public nudity for everyone.

But is it not a little crazy that we literally outlaw public nudity even when there is no harm to anyone. Just the sight of a naked body in open view is considered so bad as to be illegal.

Just look what happens when a single boob is exposed for seconds in a Super Bowls show.

Some people can't handle breast feeding in public. That's just a single tit.

I mean we are all human and have human bodies that have things that dangle or bounce or whatever. This is normal. I'm not saying everyone should be nude. But should we literally criminalize just the sight of a naked body in public??? Does that not seem too extreme???

It results in people never getting past the childish reaction of seeing a butt or tit without giggling or joking. If you never expect others to grow up then they won't grow up. A man who who acts like a little boy because there is a boobie in view isn't a man at all. He's just a large aged boy.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

The day my husband stops giggling at boobies is the day I divorce him.

That's one of the perks of wearing clothing most of the time.....when it comes off it's still a treat for the eyes. Plus, we grow up too fast anyway, wheres the harm in maintaining a little innocence?

ETA: As per your other points....I'm guessing the majority of people out there are blissfully unaware that not everyone has a healthy perception of the naked form.....even folks who enjoy a naked partner get caught off guard by women breastfeeding, as you pointed out...and the larger social stage comprised many different attitude, perspectives, sexual dynamics and so forth.

I should mention I no longer wear long skirts in public because there are a LOT of men out there who are overtly aggressive lately with crude sexual comments and solicitations. Do you really think it's a wise idea to encourage that type of cro-magnon male with a full glimpse at naked glory?

For gods sake man, I see what you're getting at but if ya haven't noticed....there are some right sickos out there. Even fully clothed females don't ward them off (not innocent flirtations, but outright blatant insinuations you're a hooker or DTF with anyone who walks up).

edit on 5/20/16 by GENERAL EYES because: edit to add

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

And you know what that causes. Right?
Evil thoughts. About sex and stuff.

So, it's about the tease then? If it wasn't covered, meh.
edit on 5/20/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

I totally agree with you about nudity in that no one should feel ashamed about their body. I blame religion though for banging on about sex so much and virtually making it evil and sinful. For me most women who dress modestly are far more feminine that those who use clothes to expose rather than hide their assets etc.

But being practical - have you ever thought about cooking in the nude - you really would need an apron. So just on that very simply example nudity isn't practical. Even ancient people found that fighting needed protective clothing and from what I can recall wasn't it only the original Olympics that were done in the nude? Not always a pretty sight I imagine.

Nudity probably only looks good in young people. Celebrities can have their face lifted or whatever but once anno domini gets to the body, I suspect people are far happier living in their clothes.
edit on 20-5-2016 by Shiloh7 because: sorry not quite what I meant

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Courage doesnt always roar.
Sometimes courage is
the little voice at the end of the day that says
I will try again tomorrow.

funtastic !!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join