It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson on Joe Rogan's Podcast and Why I'm Not Voting for him

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So I listened to Joe Rogan's interview with Gary Johnson today and there is not a single chance I will vote for this guy.

These are the main issues in my mind we need to focus on in this country and he mentions none of them or takes a stance against them;

- ILEGAL Immigration

You need to follow our laws if you want to be in this country.

- Corruption in politics

We need to get the corporate sponsorship out of politics by ending the campaign contribution paradigm and having an appointed committee official who's sole responsibility is to investigate our politicians for corruption.

- Decentralizing authority for education and education reform

We need to foster competition between the states and municipalities to innovate new educational opportunities and curriculum for students to stay ahead in the market.

- Bringing jobs back to America.

I didn't hear him mention this at all please point it out if I missed it. However we need to end this trade deals and create a market that benefits labor as well as industry and gives our working class a competitive edge in the global economy.

Now having said that I did like a few of his ideas. I like that he wants to have an open door policy similar to what he had in New Mexico where once a month for 5 minutes people could come in for whatever reason they wanted and speak their mind. I like his ideas about social welfare although I think they could use some tweaking overall it's better than what we have now. I like his stance on the drug war and ending this asinine paradigm. I agree with his position on private prisons.

All things said I think the reason Sanders and Trump are so popular is because they speak to the people on major issues like corruption in politics, illegal immigration, and bringing jobs back to America.

Sorry folks but Johnson will not be getting my vote. It will come down to Trump or Sanders.
edit on 5/18/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Wiki

There ya go. I believe it covers all the issues you mentioned.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Everything on that page is incredibly vague and doesn't really identify key issues.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Everything on that page is incredibly vague and doesn't really identify key issues.

Gary Johnson 2016

Well here is his official page. Can you explain vague, because everything about Trump is vague.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I thought you were voting for Trump? If so, what's the point of this thread?

That said, voting for Gary isn't gonna put him into the Oval Office but if he gets 5% of the vote it will end the two party strangle hold on our political system. Last I saw, he was polling at 11%.

I'll probably be voting for him because #nevertrumporclinton

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Vague means he's not a beta, wanna be attack copter like Trump.

I don't agree with Johnson on everything but I voted for him in 2012. He's an actual Libertarian (not a tea Theocrat) that leans to the right (no one's perfect) and better than a right wing authoritarian that screams about government control while gas lighting draconian legislation and far better still than some man baby bitching that PC is the worst thing ever and is tremendously terrible... but states he'll punish journalists that aren't nice to him.

I hope he does well.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Vague means he's not a beta, wanna be attack copter like Trump.

I don't agree with Johnson on everything but I voted for him in 2012. He's an actual Libertarian (not a tea Theocrat) that leans to the right (no one's perfect) and better than a right wing authoritarian that screams about government control while gas lighting draconian legislation and far better still than some man baby bitching that PC is the worst thing ever and is tremendously terrible... but states he'll punish journalists that aren't nice to him.

I hope he does well.

Lol, yea I actually like his ideas. Seems he pleased both the liberals and conservatives of New Mexico. Well at least that's my interpretation reading what others had to say online.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

i dont trust Joe rogan and his push for synthetic psychedelics bothers me, as far as the politics go, its a show and already has a chosen outcome personally i think obama has been chosen to be next potus.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I haven't seen the video yet but is it possible he didn't hit those topics because he wasn't asked those questions? An interview isn't usually an open forum.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Listen to the interview before posting.

Sincerely,

Onequestion

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Hey guys,

Listen to the interview before posting.

Sincerely,

Onequestion

Your thread was about him not talking about specific issues. So I linked a few that covered the issues you specifically seemed interested in. Were you going for a hit piece on Gary or are you actually looking for info on the guy?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I don't agree with Gary Johnson on all of the issues, but he seems to be a reasonable, good man that comes-off as being honest.

I would not be opposed to having him as a president/VP.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Prior to Trump, 2016's candidates weren't going to touch immigration with a 40' pole...for fear of alienating the Latino voters (even though the issue also impacts many other groups).

Gary's a decent enough guy, he just doesn't (in my opinion), have the grit for the job.
edit on 18-5-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Considering more Mexicans are leaving the US than entering I'd say there are much bigger fish to fry. But, if you actually build a wall you'll trap in those looking to leave. Then the US gets to waste more money finding and deporting them.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Spend 6 months in a border state and you'll realize how much of a lie that is.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I'm actually looking to discuss his candidacy as i like to keep an open mind on possible candidates in an effort to find better ones.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

And everything Donald Trump says isn't? Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for Gary Johnson and personally, I think libertarians are about as well grounded in reality as communists — but come on.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Why? Here in NY I see Mexicans on the side of the road looking for work daily but I didn't base my post on my limited experience, instead I'll rely on those who study and record the big picture.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

You watch them coming over the border or do you have magical intuition that tells you which ones are illegal?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Oh, you really have NO IDEA.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join