It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bunker...vs....Van.....vs.....Tent..... which is the best cheap way to live???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You've decided to live off grid. Which would you live in, a tent, a van or a bunker... and why?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

A ditch. ...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Did you ever realize that this website was 1000x better without the one-liners and YouTube videos?

Why put so little effort into your thread and expect everybody to come and put more effort into their response? Are we here to entertain you?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Igloo.

Or maybe teepee.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

edit on 17-5-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

If I told You, how far "off" would that be???

You'd have to get rid of that cell phone too and even though McDonalds™ has FREE wi/fi, You don't need/want it..

ssssshhhhhh.

P.S. I'd pick Your ecological niche in a warm climate, You'll want to travel light.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
A boat. Maybe a canal boat.

Or a ship. Maybe a cruise ship.

Or a train. Maybe a steam train.

Or a plane. Maybe a jet plane.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeti® for what they charge I figured they came and mowed Your lawn too?? Thats just a tease of how far 'off' the grid I am...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I'd live in this:

Because I have. In the dead of a Mongolian winter, -40 to -50 F. They work.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

There have always been YouTube videos and one liners. Always.

To the OP. Buy an old SAC bunker or missile silo....lots of people are doing it.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Backpack...you can strap that puppy on and trek off anywhere and find water, game etc. Van, nope...gotta have gas, tires, maintenance etc. Bunker, gotta have water, stored food, sewer etc, but is a strong second to a tent if you have enough time to prepare. There are so many variables to that question till it's kind of a toughie to answer and consider them all.
edit on 17-5-2016 by Rubicon3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
All three if you can. Vans get gramped after awhile so a tent is handy especially if you are going to use campgrounds.
You would have to elaborate more on how you plan to live to get better answers.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Why choose one habitat? If I chose to live off-grid, I'd have a fixed home -- be it a yurt or cabin or shack -- that I seasonally lived in. I would also have a mobile home that I carried as I hunted and trapped and fished, gathering up food toward the minimal availability of the seasons -- a tent or tipi.

I would garden near the fixed home. I would move about and dry food during the spring and summer, and perhaps trade with others of a similar mindset. Winter is for enjoying the wealth of your efforts.

ETA: This is not so different than how me and my Darlin' live now, except that we don't move. We live simply, and dry foods and can them in advance of the seasons that do not produce foods. That is the way I was raised. When I was a kid, we might be snowed in for a month or two. It wasn't a bad life. I don't recall wanting for anything.
edit on 17/5/16 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Think we all know it's a van down by the river.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Wrong.

YouTube started in 2005.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Stop defending this redundant garbage.

On topic, it comes down to a psychological decision of what you can tolerate. Climate, wildlife, availability of food and water, circumventing the law, etc.

edit on 17-5-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: Gothmog

Wrong.

YouTube started in 2005.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Stop defending this redundant garbage.

Ok , let me put and end to this quick
2005 would have been ,. what ? 2 -3 years after the site opened ? Know how many You Tube videos made it to ATS then ? I do. Lots of the face on Mars and Martian artifacts. I had a membership then , did you ?
So I ask , what was your point ? Dont answer , there was none.
And , fact check here , Did I defend anything ? No......Please do not infer anything. Take it like it reads.
And I promise not to defend anything you just posted in your reply to mine

edit on 5/17/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
lavatrance

None of the above.

I choose to live on the back of a Sentient Cosmic Turtle.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm angry that many find threads like this worthwhile. It's one sentence and the video doesn't even work. In the years leading up to YouTube's inception, there was an effort made to stimulate well thought out, engaging topics and discussion. Also, look at the OP's thread history.

Why the redundancy? Almost little to no effort was made, as well as not even attempting to use the ATS search function to access all the wonderful content that members have worked so hard to produce already.

Anyway, my apologies. I should've just kept my mouth shut.

Maybe I should go live in a tent. It would be best.

edit on 17-5-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

In a bunker, with a van for transportation with a tent in the back.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Dude clearly OP is taking the piss out of us, that's why domo took the piss out of him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join