It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A theory to explain the Mandela Effect

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think a part of my interest in the Mandela Effect stems from a vague sense of being off kilter. Almost as if I was transported to an alternative universe even before seeing anything about the Mandela Effect.

Differences in memories some that could be explained by different view points, others that seem just totally out somewhere in left field.

So here is a wild theory, I am sure to get bashed on but I m going to throw it out there anyway:

I was recently reading through the post "A Window of Opportunity" written by Hidden_Hand, and near the bottom of the second page he mentioned that those who did not make the "harvest" would be sent to an alternative third density planet, a kind of duplicate earth.

So what if all of us noticing slight changes are refugees from another reality, that Sid not make the 2012 harvest/cut for whatever reason?

Like I said, I am just throwing this out there.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I mean, why not? If you believe in the Mandela affect and the multi-verse theory and all that anything is possible, right? There is no limit to the crazy theories possible.

Doesn't make any of them even remotely plausible.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gypsycat

sigh - another " explaination " offering yet another level of utterly unevidenced complexity to allow people to deny the faliability of thier memory

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This Mandela effect thing is getting old. I have all kinds of memories that are incorrect. Nothing to do with alternate realities, just how memory edits the facts over time

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gypsycat Did Hidden_Hand give a purpose for the "harvest". I know I have very strong memories of events that turned out to be different from what I remember. I have a distinct memory of being in kindergarten, watching the launch and disaster on a BW television, only to find out it happened when I couldn't have been in Kindergarten. They made a big deal about the teacher going into space, so we all watched the event. I even remember writing a letter to the woman. Very odd. That memory was seared into my memory.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde
That very well could be the explaination. Memory is filled in by the brain to make sense of what it experiences. Jumbles events together. I hate my brain!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Maybe we should write down certain events and see if they change. Takes the brains memory out of the equation.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Occam would say that the much more likely and realistic explanation is that that mind is not infallible and it is 100% more likely that you remembered 1 specific line from Star Wars wrong vs alternate time lines.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
ignorant_ape,

Certainly you must realize by now that SW is specifically designed to harbor threads of such a speculative nature? The whole point of this forum is to discuss unsubstantiated conspiracies.

As to the Mandela effect, I clearly remember Berenstein there is NO DOUBT there.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Not a bad thought, at very least no less likely than any other explanation. To those that bash the idea, I say let em. They can't prove the memory flaw theory anymore than you can prove this one. Maybe we are the leftovers, or maybe we are all mad here? Who is to say?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I agree with the ape but I like the idea for a work of fiction.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

yes - i am aware of the mission statement for the ` skunkworks ` sub - but as you are citing it - it DOES NOT state that rebuttal to claims is prohibited

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
ignorant_ape

Sorry I didn't realize that was a rebuttal. Apologies.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
ignorant_ape,

Certainly you must realize by now that SW is specifically designed to harbor threads of such a speculative nature? The whole point of this forum is to discuss unsubstantiated conspiracies.

As to the Mandela effect, I clearly remember Berenstein there is NO DOUBT there.

Same here. My memory is very good. It surprises those around me the recall ability I have. I clearly remember having trouble pronouncing it as a child. Berenstein like Frankenstein or Berensteen like Gene Wilder...no doubt.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
This Mandela effect thing is getting old. I have all kinds of memories that are incorrect. Nothing to do with alternate realities, just how memory edits the facts over time

Back in the day, people understood that memories can be faulty.

Now that everything must be blamed on something else, the Mandela Effect is the perfect excuse for a faulty memory.

"But I have a perfect memory! Mandela Effect!"

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingWhale

It was a harvest of the positive(service to others) souls, and negative(service to self) souls, with the lukewarm souls neither strongly going one way or another being the ones to continue on in an alternative third density dimension.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Occam would say that the much more likely and realistic explanation is that that mind is not infallible and it is 100% more likely that you remembered 1 specific line from Star Wars wrong vs alternate time lines.

To me the question is not if the mind is infallible, but why large groups "misremember" the exact same thing.(which is obvious in some cases)

So misremembering is only twice as likely as alternate time lines. I would say that are significant odds.
edit on 17-5-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Mandela Effect??? I remember it as
Mandala Effect...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Here's the problem. You think "I verify." You're thinking "believe/not believe" I think "I use." Not in terms of literature or ideas, bunk all that ive got enuff of that but literally, "where
is there some place I might jump into where there's stuff going on, and can I get some hotdogs??"

Yeah as I said it's never gonna work out...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Way to be thinking outside of the cat box...

I'm leaning towards "bad spelling; nobody giving a squirt" Look how many times "loose" is used for 'lose' and then there is the 'their' they're there... This of course goes back when one got more from Google® than the other way around. Now when someone types "Google® is Your friend..." This person is NOT Your friend. Now when You hook up to Google they mine Your whole computer, yet they can't fix the misspelled words.

Feel Lucky? Answer: "No, not now.." You let Berenstein become ButtStain or whatever it is now.. It just needs to be "scrubbed" , The whole ball of wax.

namaste

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join