It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A theory to explain the Mandela Effect

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
until someone comes up with a mandela effect from last week its a memory issue

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

originally posted by: opethPA
Occam would say that the much more likely and realistic explanation is that that mind is not infallible and it is 100% more likely that you remembered 1 specific line from Star Wars wrong vs alternate time lines.

To me the question is not if the mind is infallible, but why large groups "misremember" the exact same thing.(which is obvious in some cases)

So misremembering is only twice as likely as alternate time lines. I would say that are significant odds.

Take the Star Wars example. The reason a whole bunch of people remember it wrong, is because someone quoted the movie wrong ages ago, and people are remembering the [wrong] quote.

Add on top of that that attention is being drawn to this specific example, and it totally explains why a whole bunch of people suddenly realize their memories are wrong.
edit on 17-5-2016 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: gypsycat
I think a part of my interest in the Mandela Effect stems from a vague sense of being off kilter. Almost as if I was transported to an alternative universe even before seeing anything about the Mandela Effect.

Differences in memories some that could be explained by different view points, others that seem just totally out somewhere in left field.

So here is a wild theory, I am sure to get bashed on but I m going to throw it out there anyway:

I was recently reading through the post "A Window of Opportunity" written by Hidden_Hand, and near the bottom of the second page he mentioned that those who did not make the "harvest" would be sent to an alternative third density planet, a kind of duplicate earth.

So what if all of us noticing slight changes are refugees from another reality, that Sid not make the 2012 harvest/cut for whatever reason?

Like I said, I am just throwing this out there.

Ahh I was almost guilty of replying to you about Hidden Hand until I read the rest of your post. This is a very good theory, assuming the Hidden Hand interview is true.

iTruthSeeker

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: paperdoll

Thank you, that is very kind of you, the the avatars was given to me by a very kind person on here, after I first signed on.

Like I said before my interest in the Mandela Effect came after my own personal feelings of things being off kilter that have been relatively recent. So to me the effect seems to be more of a confirmation than a aha moment.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs
-buttstain-

Don't be so hard on yourself!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
in your alternate timeline where mandela died so,
who became the focal point for the anc.
what happened to pienaar and botha.
did world leaders view on apartheid change.
how many people weren't born due to the free nelson mandela gigs, and the sex that follows.
also south africa would never have been allowed into sports so,
who held the world cup.
who became the poster boy for amputee runners.
which countries did their cricketers and sporty types defect to.

from your supposed timeline these wouldn't be difficult to answer however, if any attempt is made to answer any, im guessing it comes after mucho wikipedia research and some fanciful tales.
also,
your stories have to tie together, your all from this alternate timeline good luck!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tearman

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

originally posted by: opethPA
Occam would say that the much more likely and realistic explanation is that that mind is not infallible and it is 100% more likely that you remembered 1 specific line from Star Wars wrong vs alternate time lines.

To me the question is not if the mind is infallible, but why large groups "misremember" the exact same thing.(which is obvious in some cases)

So misremembering is only twice as likely as alternate time lines. I would say that are significant odds.

Take the Star Wars example. The reason a whole bunch of people remember it wrong, is because someone quoted the movie wrong ages ago, and people are remembering the [wrong] quote.
Add on top of that that attention is being drawn to this specific example, and it totally explains why a whole bunch of people suddenly realize their memories are wrong.

I can go along with that but don't anyone tell me it is not Mirror Mirror!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
it's the same thing, parodies use "mirror, mirror", and that is the source of the confusion.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Pffffffttt. Has anyone you know dissapeared lately?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think there might be a way to confirm if there is a phenomenon happening or not. As of 2012 there were 33 known people with the condition of possessing an extremely detailed autobiographical memory. Hyperthymestics are able to remember an abnormally vast amount of their life experiences.
Give these people a questionnaire and compare their results. If several of them disagree then something is most likely amiss.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
I think there might be a way to confirm if there is a phenomenon happening or not. As of 2012 there were 33 known people with the condition of possessing an extremely detailed autobiographical memory. Hyperthymestics are able to remember an abnormally vast amount of their life experiences.
Give these people a questionnaire and compare their results. If several of them disagree then something is most likely amiss.

What if some people in some places are zoning between dimensions, they are not even in the same place.

Like this story of the man from a non existent country.
www.techeblog.com...
www.reddit.com...

These kinds of things would explain why sometimes you have put something away and it is not there and eventually it reappears where it should be. It would also explain why sometimes loved ones seem to act so strangely out of character and then return to form at some point.

People ask well who stepped in if this person was dead, well in one reality that person was not dead and they are remembering their own reality but have moved, and mabe we move all the time.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The dimensional drifting would also explain why many people believe their sky, sun, moon and other things are not the same in one way or another.
If all of us have become loose due to cern or another anomaly in the solar system maybe we are all drifting in and out of very similar realities.
listverse.com...

'Parallel universes DO exist': Multiple versions of us are living in alternate worlds that interact with each other, theory claims

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...# ixzz49Kt6AUKr

In contrast, the other universes of the many-worlds interpretation do not exist in other dimensions or other regions of space. Instead, they are right here, superimposed on our Universe but invisible and inaccessible. The other selves they contain really are "you".

www.bbc.com...
edit on 21-5-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I've got a theory:

People are dumb with short attention spans and pay too much attention to unattributed sources.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
I've got a theory:

People are dumb with short attention spans and pay too much attention to unattributed sources.

There are millions of sources, if this is how you feel why not do the research yourself and share.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

I've got a theory:

There are millions of sources, if this is how you feel why not do the research yourself and share.

There are millions of dumb people with short attention spans who pay too much attention to unattributed sources.

Here's the research: go to the source.

Stop referring to pop culture, texts/tweets and wikipedia for your 'proof'

And look into "Confirmation Bias" while you're at it.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I've got a theory:

There are millions of dumb people with short attention spans who pay too much attention to unattributed sources.

I agree there are truly some, dumb people.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: gypsycat

sigh - another " explaination " offering yet another level of utterly unevidenced complexity to allow people to deny the faliability of thier memory

*Sigh*...Folks, we have another Bernstainer.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I've got a theory:

Very true, people read some crap on social media and regurgitate it so they appear up with every new piece of crap, they never do any real research as they are just not interested in facts, just the latest tweet!
edit on 23-5-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

the alledged " mandela effect " has zero implications - its fooking magic

the type of questions you pose - has been asked in every thread - no one ever answers

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I've got a theory:

Personally I have never used a "tweet" for anything as far as wikipedia it is a good resource of compiled information with sources that can be followed up on so I don't see why that is objectionable. For something like we are talking about here there are not real sources it is about what people remember verses what is. If anything has changed it would make sense that any written materials have also changed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join